UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I know there are some haters in here, but they can suck a dick.

Its a fucking crime dude never came to the UFC, but hes beaten enough former/future/current champions to prove he would of been a top star.

Someone already made the point, he's getting slow. He was and always will be one of my faves but everyone peaks at some stage and I think he's peaked. His explosive speed and power and wrestling skill was amazing, look at how he handled Tim Sylvia, Goodridge, Nogeuira (twice), crocop, Randleman, Hunt, Coleman, the list goes on. Even against arlvoski and rogers he still had it, but watch him now and that speed, timing and intensity is dimming. And fighting Jeff Monson and Sathoshi Ishi? GTFOOH, all that did was tarnish his legend, he got the name/fame by beating legends. If he ever made it into the UFC and how far he woulda gone we'll never know so no point saying 'if Fedor and Bruce Lee were in the same weight division, who would win bla bla bla crap'

Rant over

anderson-silva.jpg?w=450&h=565

Anderson Silva Like Water

I was lucky enough to be able to watch this film on a preview disc distributed to DVD/video stores across my country. I am a long term fan of UFC and have been watching the UFC events since the beginning, starting with the small amount of rules, being an underground brutal competition of warrior vs warrior without weight divisions and regulations featuring fighters such as Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Marc Coleman etc. However little did i ever think about the actual person fighting in front of me.

What this Documentary offers is a first hand account and journey into the life of champion fighter Anderson Silva.

The Documentary starts at the time of the controversial UFC 112 fight between Anderson Silva and Demian Maia and follows the fall out that followed with what some people considered a disappointing performance and the leading up to the next title defense event at UFC 117 against Chael Sonnen.

It goes beyond the octogon and delves into the complex life of a world champion fighter looking to redeem himself in the eyes of the public and his employer and the family man behind the fighter. Giving a good insight into the comradarie within the fighting community especially within specific fighting camps/gyms.

Overall A very good film Next time i watch a Anderson Silva fight i'll have a different mindframe.

This

http://uploaded.to/file/px6x8oij/Anderson.Silva.Like.Water.2011.DVDSCR.XViDDOJO.rar%20target

You're all fukn welcome

^^Really? Work for anyone else? You in the USA Commando? I know your govt likes to shut shit down over there. Worked fine for me here in sunny convict island. Pretty good watch too, dunno why all the brasilenos love steven seagal so much though?

I have nothing but respect for AS. But hated that this doc came out, because immediately the spiders nuthuggers came out saying that he actually sat around getting beat up for 4 and a half rounds and then through up a triangle because that was the plan.

All because they saw him practicing the triangle in training. Like, my niggas, he's a BJJ black belt. OF COURSE HE FUCKING PRACTICES SUBS.

• 2 weeks later...

So there looks like a few good ones coming up

Rashad-Jones? Can't see Suga winning honestly, I really do wonder who will be the first to beat Jones?

Diaz-Miller? yeah, excited but woulda preferred Diaz Guillard, I think Nate said the same thing

Kos-Hendricks should be good, hopefully Hendricks makes short work of the cunt

Bisping-Boetsch has just been named for UFC 148

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/story/2012-03-19/Bisping-Boetsch-added-to-UFC-148/53655174/1

which should be good, go the count.

Silva Sonnen will be another heavly hyped up one,

BUT the one thing I'm fukn looking forward to is Overeem-Dos Santos.

I like em both, so much going in both guys favour. Dos Santos seems to be bookies fave at the moment but that don't mean shit.

Who do you guys think got it? I really can't decide, like I said they both have their really strong points

Yeah I really don't think he knows who he's fukn with.

Brazil ain't the 'mean streets of Oregon' he always craps on about.

People get killed n disappear there on the regular.

If those brasilenyos do kill him I think the UFC will be worse off without their 'pound for pound' best troll ever

Ovoroid you dumb fuck. Can't say I'm surprised either, a lotta people have wondered how he made it from normal middleweight to hulk status heavyweight as quick as he did. I really wonder who's gonna fight Dos Santos?

Mir is looking most likely

Velasquez, nope, not just yet

Fedor, forget it, he'd get killed

Barnett, not a good bet to replace a juicehead with an ex juicehead

Cormier? Prob needs a few UFC wins first

Mark Hunt, nope he'd get killed too

Carwin? I have no idea honestly but it does look like it's gonna disrupt a pretty primo card

Yeah I think that's why it's sad that overoid fukd up as hard as he did, I think he was a legit challenger. Juniors wrestling has never really been tested that much, usually cause he KOs dudes in the 1st round. I think Reems wrestling and kicking obviously is much better but Junior is hands down one of the best boxers the UFC has ever seen. See what happens anyway, I would like to see Junior smash Mirs dumb fukn face in though

You seem to be forgetting that JDS is a legit BJJ black belt under the nog bros.

I'm aware of that, I'm just saying his BJJ has never really been tested in the octagon. How many times have you seen him on the floor in his UFC career? He can stuff a takedown and has gotten out of a few tight situations but overal the reemroider has done a lot more floortime in his career. And he's had like 40 fights or something, more than double JDS. Anyword on what happens now? All signs seem to be pointing to Mir JDS

I think Mir will get it because he won his last couple of fights. But i don't think he really deserves it.

His last loss was him getting OBLITERATED by Carwin. before that was lesnar. Then he got lobbed flipovic, nelson, and big nog. The big nog win was cool, but lets fucking face it, dudes on his way out. Nelson is a gate keeper at best, and flipovic was already on his way out (which he is now btw)

Cain has one loss. Against JDS. And before that he steamrolled brock, big nog, rothwell, and kongo.

I dunno man. I can understand them not wanting to do any more rematches after what's going on in lightweight. But between mir and velasquez. I'd rather see cain vs jds II

Yeah the lightweight rematches seem to be announced almost instantly, like post fight conference instantly. I think they don't want Cain JDS coming too soon. Remember Arlovski/Sylvia days? Them dudes were fighting each other for the hw title like every other card. I'd rather see Cain JDS 2 as well but don't think it's gonna happen. What happened to Carwin? Retired, injured, gone to WWE for easy money? There's been a bit of a call for Hunt to challenge but A-I think he'd get slaughtered, and B-he himself said Mirs prob gonna get it, but if/when he beats Struve he'll prob put his hand up for a shot at the title

Carwin is supposed to be back soon. June. He had back surgery.

Everyone loves hunt. And yeah the hunt struve fight is basically the winner gets thrown in the top 5 mix. Struve has a tendency to get knocked out, but hunt has a tendency to get subbed pretty easy. So we'll see what happens with that fight. I have a hard time believing struve will be able to take hunt down being as he's 7 foot a million.