UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Cesar Gracie Says Condit vs. Diaz 2 Off Before It’s On: ‘There is Not Going to be a Rematch’

Just as quickly as the saga twisted from no rematch between Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz to the rematch being agreed to, the plot thickens and the rematch is once again off the table.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/cesar-gracie-says-condit-vs-diaz-2-off-before-its-on-there-is-not-going-to-be-a-rematch

and on top of that...

Nick Diaz‘s rematch with Carlos Condit has gone up in smoke. Literally.

The former Strikeforce welterweight champion has tested positive for marijuana following his UFC 143 loss to Carlos Condit, and will be subject to a suspension and fine from the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

In his home state of California, Diaz is licensed for medicinal marijuana use, but it does not excuse him from testing by state athletic commissions when it comes to MMA.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/nick-diaz-tests-positive-following-ufc-143

I couldn't give a fuck less how much weed he smokes, and I think many people feel the same way. What does shit me is that this is def going to have an impact on the likelihood and timing of Diaz-Condit 2. I just hope the powers that be don't try to make an example of him and give him mad grief over it

Wish Granted: Ortiz vs. Griffin III in the Works

Tito Ortiz‘s wish was to get a third fight with Forrest Griffin before he retires.

It appears that wish has been granted.

According to UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta, Ortiz will get Griffin for his final fight in the UFC, although a date and location have yet to be determined.

NBB what are your predictions?

I kinda missed this. My prediction was a decision for diaz. I think he had 1 2 and 5. But i can see the argument saying he missed 2. So whatever. I wasnt stoked on Condit gameplanning, but that's what happens at Jacksons camp so whatevs.

For today i got ellenberger winning. Probably by decision but i can see sanchez getting tapped or KOd. I kinda hope im wrong cause i've always dug Sanchez

Did you see brookins KO from that mount? Wtfeezy!!!!!!