UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i think fedor should fight a few more times.

silva was just TOO BIG for him.

id like to see a werdum rematch.

and id like to see him against overoid.

but its obvious that fedor would be destroyed by most of the heavyweights in the ufc.

if silva manhandled him like that, imagine what brock or carwin would do to him.

they wouldnt be able to knock him out, but he wouldnt do shit.

Yeah Fedor loseing is upsetting, but for the past decade hes been argueably the best or most dangerous fighter in the world.

Im sad to see him go, but I rather him retire then pull a Brett Farve and hurt his legacy by losing on his way out and cloud his achievements.

And to anyone hating on him saying he wasnt ever as good as people say or he couldnt stand in the ring with UFC fighters thats a load of bullshit the dude beat 10 or more UFC champions in his day and a 9 ft. asian.

Haters ganna hate.

Yeah Fedor loseing is upsetting, but for the past decade hes been argueably the best or most dangerous fighter in the world.

Im sad to see him go, but I rather him retire then pull a Brett Farve and hurt his legacy by losing on his way out and cloud his achievements.

And to anyone hating on him saying he wasnt ever as good as people say or he couldnt stand in the ring with UFC fighters thats a load of bullshit the dude beat 10 or more UFC champions in his day and a 9 ft. asian.

Haters ganna hate.

If you think of the time Fedor was super relevant and holding the Pride belt. He was fighting the most stacked heavy weight division in the world. And the top Ufc fighter's at that time were Mirr, Arlovski, and Sylvia which he would of demolished. Hell Cro cop would of destroyed them. So I will have to agree with you, Fedor was and still in my book the greatest fighter in history.

Two-time Ultimate Fighting Championship veteran and “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 4 participant Jeremy Jackson has reportedly been handed a sentence of 25 years to life for the 2008 rape of his former girlfriend.

Jackson, 28, was sentenced by Judge Rebecca Riley of California’s Ventura County Superior Court on Monday, according to a report from the Ventura County Star. The fighter pleaded guilty on Dec. 13 to multiple charges stemming from the alleged June 2008 incident, including forcible rape.

Per the report, on June 28, 2008, Jackson sent a series of “erratic and threatening” text messages to the unnamed Oxnard, Calif., woman before raping her at gunpoint with a BB gun. Jackson allegedly later admitted to planning the crime in secretly recorded telephone conversations.

Prosecutor Thomas Dunlevy told the Ventura County Star that Jackson, who has been jailed since his arrest on June 30, 2008, was potentially facing 60 years to life.

A California native, Jackson is perhaps best known for his brief stint on “TUF 4,” during which he was ejected from the reality show by UFC President Dana White for leaving the filming premises without permission, allegedly to rendezvous with a female lifeguard. Despite not competing in the tournament, Jackson fought at the season finale against Pete Spratt, to whom Jackson submitted in the second round after suffering an apparent neck injury.

Jackson has not competed in a sanctioned MMA contest since March 2007

2 fights ago, he was "unbeatable" and "the greatest fighter in the world"

now a year and a half later and he's all of the sudden "too old"

funny how the media makes excuses for him.

I think the "too old" stuff was in reaction to him saying he was going to retire at the press conference. He's since changed his tune. We'll probably see him fight the loser of Werdum/ Overeem

2 fights ago, he was "unbeatable" and "the greatest fighter in the world"

now a year and a half later and he's all of the sudden "too old"

funny how the media makes excuses for him.

Whatever faggot.

No ones making excuses for him, alot of shit can change in a year's time.

Dude's record is 31-3 when he retired, even Anderson Silva already has 4 losses.

A year and a half ago and about a decade before that anyone who stepped into the ring with Fedor left the ring thinking they were on another planet, if they were lucky enough to not get knocked the fuck out.

No excuses to be made, he was 31-1 a year ago, and now hes had back to back loses. Sometimes its the right idea to quit while you're ahead, and you can hate all you want but not even a few seasons ago the kid would of put anyones lights out.

Keep hatin with your gay ass screename. :lol:

youre not very bright are ya?

i was referring to the media being bandwagon faggots like you.

not personally "hating" on fedor.

its not like fedor is hyping himself up.

his management and the media ruined his reputation.

You question how intelligent I am?

You cant even articulate a comeback without fucking it up making you look even more

like an idiot. Maby thats why you're so mad about Fedor, you're speakin like hes knocked your ass silly before.

Mother fucker's probably got a speech impediment IRL.

Change your tampon you fucking borad.

UFC boss meets with MMA fan Joe Lozito, who helped subdue alleged NY killer

A mixed-martial-arts fan who helped subdue a man accused of killing four people during a weekend stabbing and carjacking spree in New York City got a surprise from the UFC's president.

On Monday Dana White met with Joe Lozito, who tackled alleged killer Maksim Gelman with a leg sweep on Feb. 12 prior to his arrest.

In a myfoxny.com video, White offers the man his appreciation and invites him and his wife to an upcoming UFC event as his special guest.

Lozito helped subdue Gelman, who also wounded five others during his rampage. Lozito, too, was attacked, and in the video, can be seen with stitches from the side of his head to the bottom of his neck. He also sports a black eye, facial cuts and stitches on his upper arm after Gelman attacked and stabbed him during the subway confrontation.

Lozito wasn't aware of the crimes Gelman allegedly committed but knew there was something "shady" about him. Gelman then allegedly threatened to kill the UFC fan and lunged at him with a knife.

"I want to have you both down to a fight and have you sit at my table for the fight in New Jersey," said White, referring to a UFC 128 card at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., on March 19.

Lozito, a Philadelphian, calls himself a longtime MMA and UFC fan. Although he said he's never trained, he said in multiple interviews that he picked up enough information to knock Gelman off balance so he could be subdued and eventually arrested.

In recent days, Lozito has praised MMA for having the best-conditioned athletes in professional sports, which has brought positive MMA publicity to a state that still bans the sport.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/manhattan/subway-hero-meets-ufc-president-20110214