UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Going to watch tonight but not sure that any of these will be quality fights. I see both Nogs are on the card but I feel that's being done for the Brazilian fans as they are both a bit past their prime. It's nice to watch RR fight but the UFC really doesn't have anyone on their roster that appears close to being on her level. Don't think they're fully interested in getting anyone close to her level either, just using her to sell fights I guess until people lose some interest. Not hating either, I like RR. Still, surprises happen. If she wins again I can't believe they would consider a trilogy with Tate, seems like nonsense.

1367321853364276840.gif.baa180bc61b6ef77f6fcb1510475f312.gif

In the end decided not to watch past prelims. Rest of the card was kind of lame, RR's win was expected, and I wasn't going to pay $60 for that 34 second show.

Girl made some $$ last night. She was featured in like 3 different ads, plus her fight. People are making $$ off her name right now, was almost a bit disgusted.

In other news, those fighter uniforms continue to be fucking awful, Reebok people should be ashamed, no sense of design all around.

• 3 weeks later...

And honestly, I think the RR thing is on purpose to make $$. People want to watch her, good opponent or not (for now). You see how many ads featured her during her last UFC, UFC and RR were raking in the dough. Think they're going to ride that $ train for a minute, if it was a dude he'd be getting pressured to step up or down a weight class, or they'd be doing their damnedest to bring in outside talent.

• 2 weeks later...

Well in the end you didn't miss much actually. I think that was probably the best fight of the night, just got into a crazy exchange in the beginning of the 1st throwing leather back and forth until Rivera was taken out, rock 'em sock 'em robots. Otherwise, the ladies really had the best fights that ended with kind of surprise submissions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I won't flood this thread with all those Ronda Drowsy memes but god damn she got an ass whooping!!! I'm not gonna front and say I've ever heard of Holm before the match up but when I learned she was a 3 time boxing champ I knew she would at least have a chance if she kept it standing up. Idk why people underestimated her, It's not like Ronda had an amazing striking game. It was good to see her to get put in her place. I was so sick of hearing how she's the greatest and she had such a shitty attitude.

Personally I don't get all the gloating & hate by people. No matter how good you are you're bound to lose. People also seem to forget that she's a pro wrestling fan and the UFC has taken the cue from WWE long ago to play heel characters to hype them and their fights. And in the end, she still kind of wins. Everyone is really talking about her, not Holm. I imagine that people will be less than excited to see Holm fight, and even if she does, the whole roster is people RR already whooped. So... the only fight in that weight class that people will want to see is the rematch. If she wins, back on top and I'm sure everyone adores her again. If she loses, she might walk away and settle down with her millions. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing Michelle Waterson fight in about 2 months. She had a great UFC debut and the girl is smoking!

• 2 weeks later...
any other fighters that are worth watching?

Plenty. 12/10 fight night has some up & comers that might put on a show. 12/12 people are looking forward to Aldo putting a beating on McGregor. 12/19- I've always enjoyed a Donald Cerrone fight, long before he was in UFC. Seems like this is his time in the UFC, even when dude has lost it's hard to be disappointed. 01/02 Carlos Condit! Vs Robbie Lawler! Should guarantee some action- Condit is another guy who has always been entertaining. Many others still, but for what's coming up those are my quick picks.

• Like 1