UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

brock was on point in all honesty, he just fucked up leaving that leg there. if mir's jujitsu wasn't as good as it was, he probably would have suffered some serious damage to that face. brock was fast and made it clear he's a hard dude to get away from... mir just exploited that leg.

it's just another advantage jujitsu has over wrestling. good fight in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Brock didnt look too bad in that fight. It was his first UFC fight and you cuold tell that he had some serious adernaline flowing and his nerves were on high. They put him him in with a ridiculously good jiu-jitsu practitioner though, so he was bound to be submitted.

One another note, tonight is Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott on Elite XC. That should be a bangfest.

Kimbo and Tank will be interesting. Kimbo's conditioning is far better than Tank's, but if Tank catches one of his big shots early, then he may pull it off. If it goes to a second round, Tank is in trouble.

Gina Carano is wild. Hot and the top of the female MMA game.

Cro Cop actually signed with Dream already so he may not fight anywhere else for a while. The cage is what did him in. He just never got comfortable inside the octagon. Tito is scheduled for UFC 84 so he'll be in the UFC for a little while longer.

Elite does have some pretty decent fighters. Kimbo and Tank is just a cash cow for them.

If anybody trains, I have a blog on jiu-jitsu, check it out http://www.chew-jitsu.com.

kimbo handled tank with ease

:(

i knew tank would lose, but i still wanted him to win...

thinking more about it i wouldnt be surprised if he only took the fight for the money, the dude doesnt really give a fuck about fighting anymore i dont think

Kind of what I expected. On the other hand, dude seems like an MMA Mike Tyson, he just moves forward and knocks dudes out. I want to see what he does against someone a little more versed in multiple styles because Kimbo seems real good at knockouts but what other skills does he have?

I think Tyson is one of the more over rated boxers of all time, but I still wouldn't discredit his legacy by calling Kimbo the "Tyson of MMA". People I would love to see Kimbo fight.....

1) Ben Rothwell

2) Alex' Emelianenko

3) Fabricio Werdum

I'm not knocking either man, Tyson sealed his place in history well before he got hungry for ears, but he was all powerful offense. Guys would put their guard up and he would hammer right through it. Holyfield found and exploited his weakness, or maybe he just had good D, and Tyson could not match up to that. Kimbo, so far, is all powerful offense as well. I want to see him fight someone who is not just a knockout artist but who is well rounded and see if he will match up to that. It's the nice thing about MMA, so many ways to get caught, a smaller guy can take out a bigger guy if he has the skill, a guy with good stand up can get taken out in the ground game, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

nice to see anderson beating hendo, although i wouldve been happy regardless of who won

wish i could say i enjoyed the other fights

they were all fucking boring as shit

yawn sauce 08

they need to step their game up, add some soccer kicks and knees to the head while down and we'd be in business

i see better fights while waiting for the bus at night downtown