Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Religion and Graffiti

r3ader

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see what I'm saying?, we can't start a crossfire graff thread cuz dudes are going to come in here with 345346327572 excuses why they suck and have nothing to post.

Man up, men! post your flicks...do I need to start another crossfire legendary never die most post thread or is somebody going to beat me to it?

oh , yeah...pubes, I didn notice that skills are played out, but thats only for the "in" crowd. the rest of us are either toys or old dudes with hotrod letters.

No. Shit. What the fuck?

Are you anti-American because you think George Bush is an asshole?

A lot of people like graffiti and want to see more of it. Besides that, it's not like you make any money writing graffiti. Therefore, graffiti writers do a service to part of the community without getting paid, god bless 'em.

"we can't start a crossfire graff thread cuz dudes are going to come in here with 345346327572 excuses why they suck and have nothing to post. "

haha, you are probably right.

but i see it another way. some people take crossfire way to serious and i could see 'beef' coming out of it. if someone gets into an argument with someone on here, they might get thier feelings hurt and go out and find a train of thier debate partners and cross it out. then post it on the forum.

internet beef over political debates! hahaha, so 12oz.ish.

i live in dallas tx and i see nazi garbage at least occasionally. it's usually either: (a) marker tags (like sharpie marker) of swastikas on shit or bad spray paint swastikas in chill spots, yards, under bridges, etc. i travel to OKC a lot and see lots of it out there, too, and no matter what i have on me, it's getting crossed out or completely gone over if possible. same thing with any other racist msg's, "kill muslims" or "kill mexicans" is common lately also.

I don't have time to read all two pages but let's clear things up...

Graffiti is a crime. Correct?

Being a criminal is not accepted in any good book, correct?

Coming to terms with your actions and being at peace with them, and still doing them while going to church is not okay. You're fooling yourselves. And you're perpetuatiing the stereotype of the religious hypocrit.

If you're down for God and down for rthe book... quit bombing, simple as that. You want to go to the legal wall and get down, have at it. Hitting up chill spots or abandoned buildings is illegal and not cool with God. Just because it's out of the public's eye doesn't make it legal.

To keep this argument/ discussion rolling.......... arugably many major corporations worship at the alter of 'money', so if you take that as a false idol, they are fair game.By definition corporations do what's in the best interest to their share holders, not their community.

G to the D isn't cool w/ idoletry.

To keep this argument/ discussion rolling.......... arugably many major corporations worship at the alter of 'money', so if you take that as a false idol, they are fair game.By definition corporations do what's in the best interest to their share holders, not their community.

G to the D isn't cool w/ idoletry.

right, but with that, there are still property rights, so with that line of thinking , burning down hindu temples is OK, because G to the D is not cool with cow worshipping idolaters.

There still needs to be law and order in a Godly society and while peicing chill spots and abandoned buildings may not be legal and may very well be sinful, to me it is very low on the level of sinfullness or even as some would put it karma. I don't see much bad "karma" coming at you from painting a chill spot that no-one cares about as I would smashing a fleet of Coca Cola trucks that somebody is going to have to clean up and pay to re-do the graphics, etc.

All in all, in my opinion it's better for me to rock legals than anything if i wanted to follow my religion properly. Actually, by rocking legals, I can get up pretty hard with peices along main streets if i'm diligent in talking to people.

Also, there's the whole graff is supposed to be undermining the establishment thing, well, that's cool when youre 16, but eventually you grow up and then there's the dillemma of being a responsible adult and still being a writer.

Does it really say that? I don't remember anything along those lines, except perhaps in the epistles...

yeah, the scriptures do say that. however only the 'fundamentalists' actually preach/teach it. of course they get flack for saying it, because it sounds like a contradiction to jesus' emphasis on love, etc.

for instance, the catholic 7 sacrament dealy, almost has nothing to do with the bible and being 'saved,' but according to a literal reading of the bible giving a public confession of faith and saying you take Christ as your savior will get you to heaven without even a baptism.

you can do some searching or just simply talk to a 'bible believing fundamentalist' and they will gladly point you to the proper verses and probably recite them on the spot about this stuff. one thing you cant fool them on is what the bible says.

Joker, you're right, but Paul said in his letters that you had to follow the laws of the society you live in; in the Old Testament/Torah there's numerous examples of where the Jews followed Torah law but refused to follow the orders/laws of the ruling class where they lived (in the story of Esther, for example) so you could say that "Torah doesn't say you can't write on things therefore it's okay" but I agree with you on an ideological level.

tellurian, it does say that "Christ is the only way" but that's strictly New Testament, and there's mounting evidence that Jesus did not say these things but that this ideology was created by Paul to help convert Gentiles later. If you're saying to yourself "why would he do that?" It's largely believed his incentive for this was to create a system similar to the Hellinistic religions where you have a secondary diety who acts as a go-between for the people with the "higher up" diety, such as the Greek gods system where Zeus was at the top but people worshipped various dieties to act on there behalf with Zeus. Hence you "pray to Jesus to ask for G-d's mercy" because Jesus was perfect and doesn't have the taint of sin that we humans do when speaking to G-d.

as angel of death points out, there's conflicting concepts when you take the message of Yeshua (Jesus) and the message of Paul, but Pauls' writings are the earliest-known-text-documents of what we now call Christianity, and since we have no physical records (writings) of the man called Jesus it's very hard to prove whose ideology is the "true message". I would say though that it's important to remember that there were no "early Christians", i.e. the followers of Jesus were Jews, not a new religious group. Paul started the new religious group at least 50 years, and likely upwards of 90 years, after Yeshua's death. (Paul himself acknowledges that he did not know the physical Jesus and claims to have known none of his teachings but that he had revelations in his dreams: this is also important because it places Paul as the center and basis of this new religion, if he said "I knew Jesus and his teachings" he would have to follow Jesus' teachings to the T to legitimize the religion, but if he recieved the revelation completely on his own then there's no such obligation). It wasn't until Paul's teachings conflicted with the teachings of Jesus' known followers (such as how Paul says that he called out the followers of James for refusing to eat with the Gentiles) that the advent of a new religion became necessary.

Lots of great dialogue here, keep it going.