yall niggas like calamari?

GLIK$

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i tried calamari for the first time two weeks ago, pretty damn good. but it was the kind thats in strips, not the kind that still has all the legs and shit. i cant identify with animals im about to eat. that uce that comes with it is good too

Theo.Huxtable

i'm gonna eat caviar at least once before i die. just to say i did it. so i can feel bourgeois for a moment. and have wine and cheese and crackers and lift my nose in the air looking at an art portrait on the wall talking to white people about what magnificent texture and spirt he used and blah blah blah

Dratts Kerouac

Word.

Someday I'm gonna get a big box of plain black, size small sweatpants and rhinestoned gas-station hats, which I'm going to fix with a portable DVD player complete with satellite cable and uneducated children, and, with my head hung low and my hands fixed in front of my chest like an autistic, I'm going to walk into KFC, look at that picture of the Colonel on the wall with pride, and talk to black people about how rich white people like dumb stuff like paintings and caviar. Then I'll listen to some traditional African music made by rich black people who appreciate dumb stuff like paintings and caviar and talk to my brothers and sisters about how 'This is some real music made by real, level-headed people that I can relate to, unlike that stupid artsy-fartsy shit propagated by affluent white people.'

ROFL

• 3 weeks later...
how does caviar taste? i heard it's salty.

looks disgusting though.

good caviar should taste sorta like a buttery hazelnutt sorta "mmmm" taste, then when you swallow it a bit salty...

so ive heard.

i chef at an italian restaurant, so i eat a lot of calamari. its really easy to make, heres how:

1) buy squid tubes (squids without heads or legs i think) or squid legs or whatever you want.

2) cut to desired shape, rings are cool. not too chunky else itll overcook.

3) heat up a thick pan to hot.

4) chuck calamari into flour, (any kind), and shake it/mix so its all floury.

5) chuck into a seive and shake off excess flour.

6) put some oil (not heaps, just to coat the bottom) into hot pan.

7) get chopped garlic and mix it with oil (earlier the better so the oil absorbs the flavour).

8) spread the calamari onto the pan (evenly and get it only one layer thick)

9) now brush/sprinkle the garlic/oil mix over the top.

10) throw some salt and pepper over it, then poke it and shake gently with a stick (tongs work well) to try keep it as seperate peices as possible.

11) wait about 30seconds, till its going golden. then

12) FLIP IT!!!!

13) wait.... take it off with tongs so you dont pick up all the crappy oil and fried flour and shit.

14) serve with aoli mayonaise and lemon. sprinkle with parsley to make it look flashy and delicious.

mmmm..... dont worry if the first batch fucks up a little bit, try it again and itll be way nicer. and again and again.... dont put too much in the pan at one time....

once you know how to do it its really really easy and impresses the ladies hard, as long as its not too oily cos chicks are like "ew thats all greasy and ill get fat" so you can drain it on a papertowel.