yall niggas like calamari?

GLIK$

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/02/22/colossal.squid.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Tire-sized calamari rings? Half-ton squid reeled in

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- A fishing crew has caught a colossal squid that could weigh a half-ton and prove to be the biggest specimen ever landed, a fisheries official said Thursday.

If calamari rings were made from the squid they would be the size of tractor tires, one expert said.

The squid, weighing an estimated 990 pounds and about 39 feet long, took two hours to land in Antarctic waters, New Zealand Fisheries Minister Jim Anderton said.

The fishermen were catching Patagonian toothfish, sold under the name Chilean sea bass, south of New Zealand "and the squid was eating a hooked toothfish when it was hauled from the deep," Anderton said.

The fishing crew and a fisheries official on board their ship estimated the length and weight of the squid: Detailed, official measurements have not been made. The date when the colossus was caught also was not disclosed.

Colossal squid, known by the scientific name Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni, are estimated to grow up to 46 feet long and have long been one of the most mysterious creatures of the deep ocean.

If original estimates are correct, the squid would be 330 pounds heavier than the next biggest specimen ever found.

"I can assure you that this is going to draw phenomenal interest. It is truly amazing," said Dr. Steve O'Shea, a squid expert at the Auckland University of Technology.

Colossal squid can descend to 6,500 feet and are extremely active, aggressive hunters, he said.

The frozen squid will be transported to New Zealand's national museum, Te Papa, in the capital, Wellington, to be preserved for scientific study.

Marine scientists "will be very interested in this amazing creature as it adds immeasurably to our understanding of the marine environment," Anderton said.

Colossal squid are found in Antarctic waters and are not related to giant squid found round the coast of New Zealand. Giant squid grow up to 39 feet long, but are not as heavy as colossal squid.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I can't remember the name (I think it started with a T), but the stuff I had earlier was a pink paste you eat with pita and tastes like a tangier hummus, with a hint of 'smokey' flavor. I'm not all bougie on my food, and normally I dislike over-priced bullshit on principle, but this stuff was like Vida Guerra's asscheeks with kitten whiskers for my mouth.

The only other kind of caviar I had is the orange stuff that comes on sushi, which is still in the egg form. The only way I can describe that stuff is 'salty' and 'pops when you eat it'. It's good, but I've never really paid much attention to it.

i'm gonna eat caviar at least once before i die. just to say i did it. so i can feel bourgeois for a moment. and have wine and cheese and crackers and lift my nose in the air looking at an art portrait on the wall talking to white people about what magnificent texture and spirt he used and blah blah blah

That's some cool stuff.. Late and all.. Been following those specials on Discovery....

Now if they could only catch the Giant Squid vs. The Sperm Whale.. Or is it the Blue Whale??

Either way I'd pay to watch that..

i'm gonna eat caviar at least once before i die. just to say i did it. so i can feel bourgeois for a moment. and have wine and cheese and crackers and lift my nose in the air looking at an art portrait on the wall talking to white people about what magnificent texture and spirt he used and blah blah blah

Word.

Someday I'm gonna get a big box of plain black, size small sweatpants and rhinestoned gas-station hats, which I'm going to fix with a portable DVD player complete with satellite cable and uneducated children, and, with my head hung low and my hands fixed in front of my chest like an autistic, I'm going to walk into KFC, look at that picture of the Colonel on the wall with pride, and talk to black people about how rich white people like dumb stuff like paintings and caviar. Then I'll listen to some traditional African music made by rich black people who appreciate dumb stuff like paintings and caviar and talk to my brothers and sisters about how 'This is some real music made by real, level-headed people that I can relate to, unlike that stupid artsy-fartsy shit propagated by affluent white people.'

Word.

Someday I'm gonna get a big box of plain black, size small sweatpants and rhinestoned gas-station hats, which I'm going to fix with a portable DVD player complete with satellite cable and uneducated children, and, with my head hung low and my hands fixed in front of my chest like an autistic, I'm going to walk into KFC, look at that picture of the Colonel on the wall with pride, and talk to black people about how rich white people like dumb stuff like paintings and caviar. Then I'll listen to some traditional African music made by rich black people who appreciate dumb stuff like paintings and caviar and talk to my brothers and sisters about how 'This is some real music made by real, level-headed people that I can relate to, unlike that stupid artsy-fartsy shit propagated by affluent white people.'

i got lost around "rhinestoned gas-station hats"