unemployment

transparent

I'm about to finish up a stint with the armed forces and i am moving back to my home state this summer....it's kind of a big transition period in my life

now i dont want to move back in with moms for obvious reasons and i caught wind that the amount of money you can recieve for collecting unemployment is ridiculously high in my state (i was told 700$ a week but i will have to do my own research)......now if this is true and i hope it is then i will be collecting this for at least a year and just being the most ballinest guy ever (ill prolly just save that loochi)...does anyone have any experience being on teh unemployment?

i dont like the sound of telling bitches im unemployed but if its gonna help me live pretty handsomely then im all about it.....im only gonna be over there a year then im bouncing to italy for a few years so it should be smooth....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest R@ndomH3ro
I'm about to finish up a stint with the armed forces and i am moving back to my home state this summer....it's kind of a big transition period in my life

now i dont want to move back in with moms for obvious reasons and i caught wind that the amount of money you can recieve for collecting unemployment is ridiculously high in my state (i was told 700$ a week but i will have to do my own research)......now if this is true and i hope it is then i will be collecting this for at least a year and just being the most ballinest guy ever (ill prolly just save that loochi)...does anyone have any experience being on teh unemployment?

i dont like the sound of telling bitches im unemployed but if its gonna help me live pretty handsomely then im all about it.....im only gonna be over there a year then im bouncing to italy for a few years so it should be smooth....

Dude....you are in the armed forces and now you are going to collect unemployment......weak!!!!

What did you do in the service? You know there are federal jobs out there and contract jobs waiting for people that get out?

Really dude...PM me, I am former Army turned government employee....get on my level.

I was making a good chunk of change on unemployment...a co-worker of mine was making only like $50 less than he did when he was workin 50 hours a week. Unemployment is amazing

I don't know why everyone says it fucks up your taxes..they give you a choice if you wnat them to tax it or not. If you say yes, it's fine come tax time...if you say no, you owe em some money. Simple.

Dude....you are in the armed forces and now you are going to collect unemployment......weak!!!!

What did you do in the service? You know there are federal jobs out there and contract jobs waiting for people that get out?

Really dude...PM me, I am former Army turned government employee....get on my level.

YEAH THIS IS TRUE, MY MAN WAS IN THE COAST GUARD OR SOME SHIT AND CAME BACK AND THEY JUST THREW HIM A BUNCH OF JOBS. BUT YO IF UNEMPLOYMENT IN YOUR STATE IS A GOOD LOOK THEN DO YOU. IM TRYIN TO COLLECT RIGHT NOW.

in my state there is a cap on how much money you can claim per week. my former salary qualified for the maximum amount and it was still only $350 a week which is garbage, especially considering the cost of living im my area. to top off the fact that i was dead broke i couldnt afford to have them take out taxes so i am now having to pay for the money i received when i file this year.

pretty much what im saying is that unemployment sucks. you have to file each week, supply info for positions you applied to that week, and as everyone else pointed out, it fucks up your taxes. go find a government job. those people are the most overpaid, pampered employees on earth....not to mention you will never be held accountable for anything you do.

Cash job...(any form of construction) plus e.i is a shitty but rad thing to do.

Listen to sneak man get on some serious money and save for your italy trip!

YO MERO why fuck aint you working son? I know illegals in N.Y making 20 an hour cash laying concrete and paving!

I DONT KNOW B. NIGGAS CANNED YOUR BOY...MY LAST BOSS SMOKED SO MUCH WEED THAT BITCH COULDNT REMEMBER DEADLINES FOR SHIT AND WAS CONSTANTLY ASKIN ME FOR SHIT 2 WEEKS BEFORE IT WAS DUE, IT DIDNT HELP THAT I WAS A SMART ASS AND WHEN HER ASSISTANT APPROACHED ME ON SOME HOLLA SHIT I SHUT HER DOWN...IT WAS A WRAP FROM THERE THE BITCH HAD IT OUT FOR ME, NOT TO MENTION I SAW HER MAN WITH ANOTHER BITCH...WHEN DID I SEE HER MAN? WHEN I WAS WITH MY DUDE RUNNIN THIS LITTLE WEED DELIVERY SHIT AND THE NIGGA COPPED 4 DUBS TO SMOKE IN THE TELLY WITH HIS OTHER BITCH!! (TRUE STORY!) SOMEBODY FOUND OUT AND SNITCHED SO THEY MADE UP SOME FAKE REASON TO FIRE ME AND TO AVOID A CASE I DIDNT EVEN STEP FOOT IN THAT PLACE AGAIN CUZ I WOULDA FUCKED SOMEBODY UP. SO YEAH, I NEED SOME NEW SHIT ASAP BEFORE APRIL 5TH CUZ I GOT RENT ON POINT TILL THEN.

in my state there is a cap on how much money you can claim per week. my former salary qualified for the maximum amount and it was still only $350 a week which is garbage, especially considering the cost of living im my area. to top off the fact that i was dead broke i couldnt afford to have them take out taxes so i am now having to pay for the money i received when i file this year.

pretty much what im saying is that unemployment sucks. you have to file each week, supply info for positions you applied to that week, and as everyone else pointed out, it fucks up your taxes. go find a government job. those people are the most overpaid, pampered employees on earth....not to mention you will never be held accountable for anything you do.

you have to file every week? like i said i havent done all the research yet and this was just a thought...i am also gonna go back to school with this GI bill i got here.....

a girl i know had her boy look it up online one night when we were out talking about it and he said it was 700$ a week so that could be wrong....im gonna wait and see i still got a few more months....

someone wanna explain how unemployment works? do you just go owntown and say "hay im tiredd of working, or i just fell off the horse having a hard time getting back on" and they dish out money per week? cuz i got th hook up on under-the-table payed jobs, so this sounds somewhat tempting.

You "filing" every week involves calling a number and answering a few questions, like "Did you look for work this week?"

HAHAHA WORD I WAS ABOUT TO SAY...I NEVER FILED FOR UNEMPLOYMENT SO I HIT UP MY AUNT CUZ SHE'S COLLECTIN RIGHT NOW AND SHE WAS LIKE "NIGGAS ASK YOU A COUPLE QUESTIONS, JUST SAY NO SO YOU CAN KEEP GETTIN BREAD"

i've always been under the impression that unemployment isn't much at all..and fucks up your taxes.

CatFace is right, however it carries from state to state. Some states review your last two years net earnings, take roughly around 50-60% of it, and break it down into weekly amounts. But, you cannot stay on unemployment for very long, and most people aren't eligable for it in certain scenarios *such as you leaving the armed forces, here in hawaii only 17% of all armed service discharged people, are eligable for it, under very bad/certain scenarios* but if you can sneak around a few loop holes, i've known fools' who collected about $500 a week for 2-3months straight by filling out applications for other jobs he KNEW he wouldn't get, but did it for the purpose to continue his unemployment checks. so do some more homework and work that system bro.

hahah no doubt....i will NOT be looking for work at all i have intentions of looking for work....i dont wanna work...i been working like a madman for 3 years and im sick of that shit..

i need a job that enables me to chill the fuck out all day and tell niggas what to do...

am i gonna have dudes lookin in my personal biz seeing if im out there looking for jobs??

im goin to school!

then file as "semi-casual employee" and you get partial unemployment with some state benefits *depending if your state offers them* basically, find a rinky dink piece of shit kitchen, apply for semi-casual help. and basically you work at MOST 3-6shifts a MONTH, so it is income, while still making you eligable for partial unemployment. so basically you'll get two small ass checks from your job *wich you can blow on booze and boobie bars* while the state will still send you 80% of what woulda been your normal unemployment check weekly. like i said, find out your states' set-up and fuck it in face. why not? you worked 3yrs straight, you've probably paid more taxes in that time than you'll be receiving, so why not?

thats just for now though

i do want to work after im done going on this binge for the next few years in whatever european country me and two of my boys choose....

i have shit lined up but i want to delay that bullshit until i have done a lot of the things i want to do with my "youth".....

im thinking long term for the big picture...im really not saying i want to be on welfare my whole life and live paycheck to paycheck cutting WIC checks at bodegas scattered around the city....dont get it twisted

word, i have far too many bills to pay and mouths to feed to try any of that shit, hence why i work 2f/t jobs. but i know where you're coming from, i know most of this info since...well, some of my crewmates are quite the skumbaggs, i think his actual hobby is collecting welfare and unemployment checks. he actually works as a dishwasher in one of my chef jobs, he works 3times a month. and is late 3times a month. just to give an example.

i dunno man i gotta figure out some more shit before i decide on anything.....

i dont want to live with mahdukes at all

she'll nag all fucking day about getting out and being productive....and then bitch when i come home with paint on my hands because she's had to bail me out 1 too many times when i was a kid.....there is literally no shortage of topics that she will not bitch at me about and we but heads on the daily....she also loves to have conversations about shit to find out other stuff to bitch at me for....

i need a deezed out unemployment check to get a little spot with one of the homies and lamp out all the time....i mean it im too young to get a 9-5 (as i'm finding out) and start answering my lifelong calling....i did a lot of that shit already...i've been to college and am about to become a veteran and now i want to cold kick it for a few years....

Guest R@ndomH3ro
i dunno man i gotta figure out some more shit before i decide on anything.....

i dont want to live with mahdukes at all

she'll nag all fucking day about getting out and being productive....and then bitch when i come home with paint on my hands because she's had to bail me out 1 too many times when i was a kid.....there is literally no shortage of topics that she will not bitch at me about and we but heads on the daily....she also loves to have conversations about shit to find out other stuff to bitch at me for....

i need a deezed out unemployment check to get a little spot with one of the homies and lamp out all the time....i mean it im too young to get a 9-5 (as i'm finding out) and start answering my lifelong calling....i did a lot of that shit already...i've been to college and am about to become a veteran and now i want to cold kick it for a few years....

:nope:

good luck man....really

transparent, i just got out the military, and i can say unemployment only covers 6 months. i don't think it's $700 a week. the checks are monthly. my state has one of the highest payrates for unemployment it was more like $800-something a month.

i felt like the man when i got out, because i was collecting unemployment, plus the GI Bill and the school's Financial Aid... which was coming out to aboutg $2500 a month for doing nothing. then i was working a side job too so i felt like a baller

Transparent, I've been through unemployment in your home state.

1. They take a look at how much you've made over the last 4 fiscal quarters, and average it out.

2. They give you about 70 Percent per week (biweekly) of what you used to make, if I remember correctly, and they give you the option of paying taxes with these checks, or at the end of the year, I recommend paying them as you go, as I didn't and had to pay alot when I filed.

3. When I was unemployed in '02, the longest it would last was 7 Months, and that was a special deal because of people affected/laid off as a result of the 9/11 attacks.

4. They do make you check in and prove you are looking for work, but it ain't that bad and they are easilly foolable... I was only able to find part time work in my industry after 3 months, and was able to stay on a reduced unemployment check, and get paid from work.

5. If you go to school I believe they have special shit for that as well, this is eventually what I ended up doing, but I didn't collect after I went back.