buying property

THANKYOU

what would you rather buy, a house or a condo? older members? what are you working with now?

i'd like to buy a house in the near future i think, paying rent is wack as hell. And the way i see it, houses aren't permanent necessarily, you can always pack up and sell, you just might lose your ass if it's not a buyers market, but hopefully, id be ok with staying put if that was the case until things turned around.

people think renting or living in the apts is the way to go sometimes, but after giving it some thought, you really are just throwing money down the tubes.

ive also been watching a lot of flip that house, moving up, and a few other house improvement tv shows, i love that shit.

i also want a house just to have a bunch of people come over and party all the time and hang out, somewhere to park my car in the garage, a jacuzzi, i'm going to make it a pimp ass house for sure....

anyone else getting near that time in their life where they might be buying a house or property?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of my homies that owned a local skate shop out here some how got a bed and breakfast in SF and is living good right now

one of my friends owned a skateshop in colorado, and ended up buying a few houses in upstate new york... and now he is out in sf spending all his money on booze pills and scratch tickets.

I owned a home and loved it. Well, loved owning a home yes but hated gardening. Hated it... absolutely. About a year and a half ago I bought a condo and I'm waiting for it to be finished. ABot five more months. Last year I sold my home and made about $125k off it thanks to a super increasing housing market. I bought when prices were still relatively low and kept the house in good shape with some really good upgrades. I put the house on the market on Friday morning and I accepted an offer Friday night. That's how fast it sold.

The condo does indeed have a monthly "maintenance" fee but that also includes a lot of other things... like a concierge. That's almost like having a butler. The fees aren't that much, really. I've got covered secured parking, real storage not just some cage and roof top access. Streetcar rolls by the building for easy access into downtown (which is about a two minute ride to get to) and I'm one block from the river.

I bought the condo for $250k... it was recently appraised for $345k... and it's not even done yet. I think I made a good decision.

to hell with a condo, ultimate waste of money. the shit is a peice of someone elses, you have to live by MANY rules, you dont get land, you have condo fees every month or year depending on how they do it, neighboors right up on your ass,

and thats just off my head right now.

to me the greatest part about having your own house is that its yours and you can do what you please to it and enjoy the land you get with it, you know...

I own a house.

Condos are for divorced men or over-privileged girls straight out of college.

However, condos are nice if you do not own dogs and do not want to take care of a lawn.

The wifey just quit her job(Interior Designer) yesterday so we can start flipping houses.

1. You can't get rich working for somebody else.

2. You can't get rich if you're paying rent either.

Gahhh I gotta start playing out more... I need to move out... I am dying being at my dads house again.

Yesterdays argument

Dad:I cant believe you bought a truck that needs to have the front bearings replaced.

Me: I thought the noise was coming from the tires

Dad:Your kidding me you thought that loud "wrrrrring" sound was from the tires?

Me: Yea I thought it was the tires because when you came with me to the test drive you said "You know I think that sound is the tires"

Dad: What!? You're such an idiot...

Then I sit there with my jaw on the floor like what the fuck just happened. Only 6000$ to pay off go before I can move out again!

everyone pretty much covered everything.

the only thing you have to worry about are stuff like associate fees (if you buy within a community that has an association) and property tax, etc.

when you own a house you don't get to call maintanance (SP) when something breaks down like your fridge. thats the only thing we miss. instead you have to fork out money out of your own pocket and/or fix shit yourselves.

but in the long run you can refinance! and houses pretty much only gain value.. that is of course if nothing happens like.. they build a pig farm 2 blocks down from the house. but from what i've seen throughout growing up (my parents owned a total of 9 or so homes/property throughout las vegas/hawaii) .....is that you cannot lose but only gain. it started from living in 1 house..... gaining money from it, sell it..... buy two homes with that money made.... then repeat and repeat..... then in a few years they had property to rent out and basically had a nice income from all of that.

so fuck yeah get a house. good luck and i hope you have good credit.

when you own a house you don't get to call maintanance (SP) when something breaks down like your fridge. thats the only thing we miss. instead you have to fork out money out of your own pocket and/or fix shit yourselves.

2 (sweet) words: Homeowner's Warranty

For some chump change each year, you are protected against stupid shit that may go wrong. Hell, I'm hoping my pool pump/filter system breaks soon so I can get a new one. I'll probably pay $50 to get $5k worth of equipment.

I wouldn'y ever even consider buying a condo at this point in my life, however you're still pretty young. A condo can be a decent starter home if you are willing to put work into it and make it more desireable as you live there. Sell it for a profit, then buy yourself a house. A house is real equity. If you have even an acre of land and a semi older house with the possibility of some improvement in a decent area, you can make a profit, or have yourself a nice little homestead.

It's all about old houses for me. Colonials, Victorians, Arts and Crafts style.

Fuck a new show home in a development.