RECOMMENDATIONS ON A NEW COMPUTER

John Basegow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

YOU KNOW HOW WHEN YOU HOVER OVER THE THREAD IT SAYS LIKE THE FIRST SENTENCE OF THE SHIT? WHEN I DID THAT IT SAID "I THINKING ABOUT BUYING A NEW LAPTOP. I'M MAINLY JUST GONNA BE DOWNLOADING..." AND I SAID "PEENO!!!!!" MAD LOUD LIKE I HAD LAST CARD IN A GAME OF ASSHOLE. SHORTY IS TRYING TO WATCH BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL APPARENTLY IM BEING DISRUPTIVE.

Uh you could get that one, if you want an expensive paperweight. Do you need a paperweight? Because that's all you'll have. That technology is 3 months old. Only suckers buy out of date machines, you're not a sucker are you?

Good, cause if you were I'd have to ask you to leave.

I'M MAINLY JUST GONNA BE DOWNLOADING LOTS OF MUSIC AND BURNING DVDS.

(Whistles) You'll need a top-of-the-line machine for that.

May I suggest

AR190G_pr_sum06_16_WP-S_2b5f56aefbf79df4d13f3baba0ee4f33a5a2d4e7.jpg

Sony Viao, that's the same computer that astronauts use to do their taxes.

I got some decent machines here cheap too what specs you want I'll find something for you.

Hp has this whole refurbished deally where PC's come off lease then go back to HP get rebuilt and they sell them at a wicked discounted rate for basically brand new machine. Shits awesome servers, desktops. laptops, hard drives, all that shit at like a 40 to 70% discount new shit added to the list everyday. They get 90day warranty some stuff has longer naturally. You can also purchase extended warrenties as well. The only thing that sucks is they have limited quantities of everything and you have to move fast on it. I helped Ballbags out with 3 for his work.

depends... only listening to music and burning dvd's?

get a good motherboard that has an pci-e slot so you can always upgrade in the future, make sure it has sata connecters and lots of ram slots(hopefully supports 3 gigs of ram)

the mobo will probably cost $100-$200

for the video card, if you arent using it for any gaming then a cheap card should be fine... pci-e cards are generally cheaper and better than agp cards right now

make sure the processor you get is made for your motherboards slot

for processor/video card brands, i suggest the intel/nvidia route, they are the clear winners in the spec wars right now and amd/ati are losing badly

but keep this in mind, all the new hardware for DirectX10 games will roll out in april, which means everyone will be upgrading then... if you want to wait til then you can probably save mad bank by buying peoples shit off of ebay

get a good soundcard... not that expensive, and pick up some speakers

get a good dvd burner, this is a SATA drive so keep that in mind, it wont work with legacy motherboards with IDE connections:

SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write, LightScribe Technology Black SATA Model SH-S183L - OEM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827151141

sams - $42

buy new hard drives if you want, or get a motherboard that DOES have an IDE connection too, so you can use your old drives

for the computer case you're going to put it in, any mid-tower to full size ATX case should be fine... dont buy an expensive one

for the power supply make sure its compatible with motherboard/drives(has power connecters for sata drives too) and make sure the power supply is at least 500 watts

im not sure what hardware you already have, you might have some stuff that doesnt need to be upgraded and you can save money

going the homebuilt route will save you about $500

if you go dell, get a latitude from the business side, id say a latitude d620.

duo core 2 processor 1.8-2.4

vista business

2 gigs memory 667mhz

100gb hd 7200rpms

8x dvd burner

intel wireless card and bluetooth

it has a 14.1 inch display

you'll be good to go.

say word.

This is one of the standards I sell on the specific account I work with. Its a great PC for what you need.