THE NEXT FREIGHT BOOK

Droolo

I've been compiling a list of writers who were not included in the first freight book

(FREIGHT TRAIN GRAFFITI) and who I believe should be included in the next one to be compiled. I think the authors did a very nice job with the first book, everyone they focused on in there certainly deserved it, I've been enjoying it since it's arrival and consider it worth the money for sure. There were/are many other writers out there who were putting in a lot of work back in the 90's and definitely deserve to be mentioned and spotlighted. Some were only doing tags, some pieces, some everything, but they were all out there at a time when one could not just blend in with the numerous other pieces on the line. When they hit a layup their work stood out like a sore thumb to the workers, bulls, etc, and they felt the heat. Their consistent dedication has made our culture the vibrant and exciting movement that it is today. The world's most massive rolling art show, by the people, for the people, uncontrolled, incredible.

I know there are more I'm leaving out, these are in no particular order, and will add more as time goes by. Please contribute to this list and maybe it can be somewhat of a reference guide for whoever is going to step up next to make an attempt at documenting the history of our culture.

SHORE,DEMO,

DRAB, NAR, WAS, REX (CTW, DLB CREWS),

METH, LEB,

SAHL-COI,

STREN, SIRE, ECTO (AMF, GYC CREWS),

SOE-BCJ,

FLORIDA CLEAR,

KEMO (MSG CREW), (I'm mentioning crews because i know there were others in those crews who were getting busy but I cannot think of their names at the moment, hopefully others can help out),

DRIE,

JET(Canada),

REN,

OTHER,

CHROME, (KWOTA CREW)

ALIUS,

TUME-ARS,

PETRO,

CREDIT, TRACE,

IRM,

SCAN53,

NBK CREW,

TRIEL,

DEST.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really need a book? What's the point of wasting your money on a dumb physical object that takes up space next to all your other useless crap?

If you want to look at flicks, look at the forum. If you want to know who held down the Midwest in 94 nigga, ask your friends. Unless it has stories about how Snafu bought a 12 year old sex slave from Bulgaria or something, with pictures of course.

Next is not there except for one of his pics.

Riot

Phrite

Sinek

Snafu

Asic

Bel Iof Xp

Sumo

Vash

Guts

Goose

Aser

Hotel

Mover

Phiks

Koma

Venom

these i want to see on the next edition

Good ass book well worth $29.95 at Metropark...

Guts, Goose, Aser, Mover, Phiks???

all those dudes have only been around for a couple years. Definitely NOT long enough to be in the next freight book. MOVER??? NO!

lol at people buying anything related to graffiti...

and i think only about 4 of the people you mentioned crushed in 90's

more like one or two, unless you count 99 as "the 90's"

everyone just wants them and their homies in a book

so that they can somehow feel important and justified

was a good book but lacked alot of cats for sure, especially the canadians.

sear

mesk

cose

flow

duro3

alone

case

chrome

sader

cast other JKR cats in montreal

ren

alius

broke

hermes

set

era

more should have been shown of take5

and kwest only had a boxstars wtf

sight

sk

bne

cmor

cameo

kaput

ranks

and i know theres tons more canucks i havent listed that were hitting lots of fr8's in the 90's

I think if you paint trains and they get caught why should they not go in a book? Really isnt it just all about the documentation at that point? And if you were to make a book on it, shouldnt you have an unbiased view on it?

And if you are looking at it with a biased view, it should be titled something like "(apply your name) favorite trains book"....my two cents.

2-3 guys from the south have been outtin work since 93-94 that everyone assumes jus jumped on like 2 yrs ago.....jus cuz folks havnt been on the internet since 1999 doesnt mean there new..theres kids who paint a shyt load who have been puttin in work for yrs who u dont no.. i dont no..alot of folks dont no.. this thread is stupid.. put the fuckin book out.. WHO EVER PAINTS AND DESERVES IT WILL GET THERE CHANCE AT SOME POINT OR ANOTHER...rather it be this yr.. or 10 yrs from now..

This shit is gay as fuck............and to the haters in this thread, don't go playing yourself either while you try and bring others down. Motherfuckers don't know every person on the internet that says their names..........maybe some people just dig certain writers. Whatever..........this shit is gayer than Lance Bass and Michael Jackson trading pedicures on a nude dude beach in France!!!

Thanks Destroyer, I completely forgot

JOCE,

ERO,

KER,

UGLY,

SUPER(BA),

DAVER(PA),

these guys were all killing it back then, and many of them still are.

Some folks ask why bother with a book, or another book. Though I will not be one of those creating a book, I hope to inspire those with the necessary resources, for as we look back at the NYC subway era, what do we have, Subway Art (which is excellent) and maybe a few other books with select pictures from a few different lines. There were so many great writers on every line back then, there should have been documentation compiled of every line, every few years, as wave after wave of writers appeared and retired. Now it is all gone and we can only wish that would have taken place. This documentation needs to occur with the freight movement, as there are so many great writers in so many different regions of the continent, many of who's work does not appear in other regions. The list I posted may include writers some of you never even heard of, but those names were rolling through my bench on a regular basis during the previous decade. I knew this may not have been the proper forum for this thread, but also realized that this forum gets far more attention than Trainspotting.

I definitely think it is relevant though.