To document your work or not?

smithxi

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

document it all, i go out of my way to search for graffiti and street art in my city thats especially not done by me to get influence and grasp my cities style. plus i want it to remember the glory days when im old and mouldy. after reading this i think im going to get another hardrive

• 3 weeks later...
Document everything. You will thank yourself later in life[/size][/color].

i wanna look back and remeber the good times I had painitng these things i paint[/size][/color]

THIS

I flick every freight I paint, the only thing I don't really take pictures of are throws and tags. unless they're in a funny spot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

definitely document everything...my big reason for that is you can look back a month or two or a year or however long and see how much you progressed.i know there was times that i felt like quiting but i looked back and realised how much i had improved and i was suddenly inspired to paint more and do more with my name.also its nice to have something to remember your stuff by

the buff might erase it from the wall but it cant erase it from your memory.and a pic helps refresh that from time to time.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i just recently had the idea to start documenting my shit. give me some slack. i'm only 15 and just got back into tagging since i was 13. my idea is to just print some pictures and stick them in a black book. if anyone comes across it. it's just w. the black book. not assosciated w. you. unless you're dumb enough to put your name on your shit, which is a different story.

I know alot of guys take flicks, print em out and make a book for the year it was done in. I agree with documenting everything significant, in the early stages its important to even get your throwies flicked, at least the filled in ones not so much on the hollows. It pays off the see your progression, and maybe later on you had a style you never developed that u might want to try again and tweak, you never know.