To document your work or not?

smithxi

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yepp I always take photos of my pieces and my throws and enything else.

I hate looking at my pieces when it's just my pieces so for each one i take a photo

before highlights

after highlights

with the piece next to mine if I painted with others

and it's all worthless without the "bboy Style pose" photo.

Illegal or legal it's all the same.

i wanna look back and remeber the good times I had painitng these things i paint

Yeah graffiti is way too risky. I'm intrigued by the creative side of it, but harshly turned away from it because I'm not willing to risk the high amounts of money I don't have to pay for the tickets I'll end up getting, and I'm really unwilling to spend time in jail. If I do any graffiti type art, I'll be sure to do it on a canvas. The police in these suburbs keep a keen track of what's going on and who might be doing it.

This graffiti community seems to do these crimes in an attempt to be rebellious and make up for artistic ability that isn't there, and the ones that do seem to have the artistic ability are out tagging places they're asked or allowed to tag.

What's the fine for say tagging up a building if you're an adult?

Yeah graffiti is way too risky. I'm intrigued by the creative side of it, but harshly turned away from it because I'm not willing to risk the high amounts of money I don't have to pay for the tickets I'll end up getting, and I'm really unwilling to spend time in jail. If I do any graffiti type art, I'll be sure to do it on a canvas. The police in these suburbs keep a keen track of what's going on and who might be doing it.

This graffiti community seems to do these crimes in an attempt to be rebellious and make up for artistic ability that isn't there, and the ones that do seem to have the artistic ability are out tagging places they're asked or allowed to tag.

That's funny. You're funny.

I assume, since you're too faint of heart to contribute, that you've signed on to this forum to look at the photos from the "graffiti community." See, i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. I'm choosing to believe that you realize that not only is your statement rude, ignorant and presumptuous; but it also makes you look foolish and afraid. I assume that you know that, if there is one thing that the rebellious criminals of the graffiti community loathe, it's a coward - especially a gutless, disrespectful coward.

That having been said, i have to wonder why you are so drawn to the pictures of individuals that "do these crimes in an attempt to be rebellious and make up for artistic ability that isn't there," it seems silly to me to waste your time looking at art that you consider sub-par. I wonder why you don't just spend time in the "places they're (graffiti community) asked or allowed to tag," since you've said that that's where the artistic ability lies? Perhaps one day you can bring your canvases and everyone will see how talented YOU are! They'll ask you to paint with them, and someone will take a picture of you all working hard together on a mural and you can add it to your scrapbook to look back on one day when reminiscing about your "rebel day."

My gut instinct is that i fucking hate you. If you can't muster up enough courage to put a marker on a wall and scrawl your name, than i have nothing but contempt for you. You're pathetic and a fucking asshole to come to a graffiti community website and insult people, some of whom are my closest friends. We don't come to your canvas painting forum and call you out for being a twat, or point out that you will most likely be a nobody painting in his apartment for nobody to ever see but you.

To answer your question, don't get caught and your fine will come to $0.00. What's the fine on your soul for knowing that you are a scared infant inside?

I'll leave you with some advice; You are not living if you spend your life cowering. Some of the greatest rewards in life come from taking risks.

• Like 1

Takings risks has wasted not only my time, but also cost me tons of money. Sorry to make a knock on the forum, if I would have known it would have made you this upset, I wouldn't have wrote it. Maybe I'm just bottled up with emotions about wanting to go out and paint, but not being able to because it's too risky, and my mind keeps running back to the thought that this hobby is a guaranteed bust in time.

Guest spectr

I say if someone else likes it enough to take a pic and I ever see it word.. I take that as a compliment.. but if not who cares.. I painted it and that was my goal in doing it.. though I do have a few pictures of things I have done... its not many though...

i take flicks of my panels, pieces, throwups and anything else i do on trains. but unless its something special out on the streets i dont really bother.

but i also flik others work who i have painted with for my photo album.

also i dont keep any of my flicks on my computer. i leave them in my photo album in another room in my house where police will not search.

you sound like a jake

to add to my earlier post, yeah I'm paranoid but its not just w graf I don't like the idea of people watching me, or being justified in stopping me.

Anyways I'd say early on take pics of what you can (be reasonable) but once you get better you don't need many pics of throw ups and tags, but always take pics of pieces, this take more effort and generally look better so save em.

Hey smithxi, heres an idea, seeing as I doupt your any good at graffiti and that you will never get fame or respect (seeing as your afraid of fame) I suggest you mail all your paint, markers, money and drugs to me and then go on Bombing Science where people might want to have someone who doesn't do graffiti and insults their "community" on their forum making threads.

Hey smithxi, heres an idea, seeing as I doupt your any good at graffiti and that you will never get fame or respect (seeing as your afraid of fame) I suggest you mail all your paint, markers, money and drugs to me and then go on Bombing Science where people might want to have someone who doesn't do graffiti and insults their "community" on their forum making threads.

send some of those drugs my way hahaha