The cover story of ESPN Mag

Weapon X

"The NBA locker room was the most flamboyant place I've ever been.

Guys flaunted their perfect bodies.

They bragged about sexual exploits.

They primped in front of the mirror,

applying colgne and hair gel by the bucketful.

They tried on each other's $10,000 suits, admired each other's rings

and necklaces.

It was an intense camaraderie that felt completely natural to them.

Surveying the room, I couldn't help chuckling to myself:

And I'm the gay one."

-John Amaechi

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
"The NBA locker room was the most flamboyant place I've ever been.

Guys flaunted their perfect bodies.

They bragged about sexual exploits.

They primped in front of the mirror,

applying colgne and hair gel by the bucketful.

They tried on each other's $10,000 suits, admired each other's rings

and necklaces.

It was an intense camaraderie that felt completely natural to them.

Surveying the room, I couldn't help chuckling to myself:

And I'm the gay one."

-John Amaechi

Nah, I think this dude is just interpreting normal behavior and mannerisms of young men to fit his gay desires. Men with money like to buy nice suits. It makes them feel good/important and it tends to help attract pussy. He was the only dude in there picking up on shit like this and using it to fit his homo-erotic fantasies, when to any straight man that would be normal. What is he doing admiring and fantasizing about dude's bodies and "sexual exploits?" Deep down he was attracted to a lot of his teammates. Can't agree with him there.

Amaechi.jpg

look how this dude is bending over for the player behind him. ewwww

_41473164_basketball300.jpg

there he is at the bottom bending over again

_38126087_meechutah.jpg

once again. has his rear turned towards another man

meech.gif

look where that poor boy's face is at. coincidence? i think not.

amaechi.jpg

his hand is a little below the other guy's belt

cairc9irvm6.jpg

look at the shadow of the outstretched arm on the wall. obviously a phallic symbol

They're "half-naked" because they're in a locker room. It's where you shower and change clothes. I played b-ball in high school for a bit, and yeah people are naked. Big deal. You talk to one another and you think nothing of it. I'm pretty sure we all wish we had our private shower like at home, but we didn't, so we dealt with it. So it's just considered normal. I think the moment someone starts thinking "hey we're naked" and begins to analyze it and think there's something "wrong" and starts associating it with homo thoughts, then I think that's when that person needs to check themselves (like John Amaechi).

I don't see anything wrong with a man liking clothes and ice/jewelry. Men in today's society are already restricted greatly in what they can say, do, or wear without being called gay. I mean, you own more than 5 pairs of shoes then they call you gay. Now liking suits is gay. Then wearing ice and jewelry is gay. Looking at yourself in the mirror is "gay." Next thing you know, you can't wear anything that falls within the color spectrum because it will be too "fruity." Eventually men are gonna have two colors to choose from: black or white. And it can only be a pair of cotton jeans and a cotton shirt. Any venturing into silk, velour, polyester, nylon, or a leather jacket will be considered "gay." Laughing will be gay because it invokes too much emotion. Before you know it, you gotta be stoic and walk in a circle wearing only black coveralls with a meanmug 24/7. There is certain shit I don't condone, like dudes that rock pink fitted hats and pink velvet tracksuit -- or how Charles Barkley kissed that male referre on the lips. But when it gets to "liking clothes is gay" or "looking in the mirror is gay" I think that's goin overboard. I think dudes that are the quickest to call any form of self-expression by men as being gay are the ones that fear deep down that they might be homos themselves. That's exactly what John Amaechi did, the only difference is that he admits he's a homo.

I forgot who it was on here that said wearing no-show/lowcut socks is "gay." Even though that's mostly what I see dudes wear. And then a couple others on here said smoking Newports or any menthols is gay/feminine. Newports is the main thing dudes in the hood smoke. I dare them to go to the projects talking about Newports is gay.

They're "half-naked" because they're in a locker room. It's where you shower and change clothes. I played b-ball in high school for a bit, and yeah people are naked. Big deal. You talk to one another and you think nothing of it. I'm pretty sure we all wish we had our private shower like at home, but we didn't, so we dealt with it. So it's just considered normal. I think the moment someone starts thinking "hey we're naked" and begins to analyze it and think there's something "wrong" and starts associating it with homo thoughts, then I think that's when that person needs to check themselves (like John Amaechi).

I don't see anything wrong with a man liking clothes and ice/jewelry. Men in today's society are already restricted greatly in what they can say, do, or wear without being called gay. I mean, you own more than 5 pairs of shoes then they call you gay. Now liking suits is gay. Then wearing ice and jewelry is gay. Looking at yourself in the mirror is "gay." Next thing you know, you can't wear anything that falls within the color spectrum because it will be too "fruity." Eventually men are gonna have two colors to choose from: black or white. And it can only be a pair of cotton jeans and a cotton shirt. Any venturing into silk, velour, polyester, nylon, or a leather jacket will be considered "gay." Laughing will be gay because it invokes too much emotion. Before you know it, you gotta be stoic and walk in a circle wearing only black coveralls with a meanmug 24/7. There is certain shit I don't condone, like dudes that rock pink fitted hats and pink velvet tracksuit -- or how Charles Barkley kissed that male referre on the lips. But when it gets to "liking clothes is gay" or "looking in the mirror is gay" I think that's goin overboard. I think dudes that are the quickest to call any form of self-expression by men as being gay are the ones that fear deep down that they might be homos themselves. That's exactly what John Amaechi did, the only difference is that he admits he's a homo.

I forgot who it was on here that said wearing no-show/lowcut socks is "gay." Even though that's mostly what I see dudes wear. And then a couple others on here said smoking Newports or any menthols is gay/feminine. Newports is the main thing dudes in the hood smoke. I dare them to go to the projects talking about Newports is gay.

very well put, most of it, but black people and cigarettes don't mix.