Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the un official workout thread

i dont know man... if he is having this much trouble gaining weight... i wouldnt even do anything except lifting weights. cardio health be damned if he is having this much trouble, it will just burn up to many calories.

Cardio helps you warm up and lets your heart get the exercise it needs too. If you decide to run the impact can build stronger bones which helps in the long run. If you are exercising to get fit cardio is essential, if you want to get ripped, not as much. Personally, I always worked to be in the best shape possible and never really cared about getting ripped.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardio helps you warm up and lets your heart get the exercise it needs too. If you decide to run the impact can build stronger bones which helps in the long run. If you are exercising to get fit cardio is essential, if you want to get ripped, not as much. Personally, I always worked to be in the best shape possible and never really cared about getting ripped.

agreed.

cardio for 5 min, like jumping rope or on a tread mill is fine for a warm up in casek's case, but remember he is trying to gain weight and is having a hell of a time. if he burns 500 or 600 calories every day doing cardio he has to eat that much more to replace those calories. need we be reminded that he is barely moving up the weight gaining ladder right now, so eating that much more might be a real chore.

agreed.

cardio for 5 min, like jumping rope or on a tread mill is fine for a warm up in casek's case, but remember he is trying to gain weight and is having a hell of a time. if he burns 500 or 600 calories every day doing cardio he has to eat that much more to replace those calories. need we be reminded that he is barely moving up the weight gaining ladder right now, so eating that much more might be a real chore.

Yeah, it's funny how much I can eat and how little I can gain. My metabolism has always been super high. I could eat ice cream every day (not all day) for a couple of weeks and

show no sign. People tell me I'm lucky. Eff that. I want the weight.

The combo I have going on with the meat, the whole milk, the whey, and creatine seems

to be putting it on for me, though. It's just taking some time.

Casek, if I could trade metabolism with you, trust me.. I fucking would.

I'm 5'10, went from 230 to 182, but keeping the weight off with a metabolism like mine from the beggining was fucking hard as shit. Id have salad/protein shake meals everyday then cheat for ONE day (either saturday or sunday) and Ill show/feel something the following week.

Its not as bad now, though. Green tea and six small meals does my metabolism good, but it could be a hell of a lot better. Im just UMAD at the fact that I forget how real good cuisine tastes like sometimes, and it doesn't help that my mother's cooking is fucking awesome either.

Way to go podrido. How the fuck are you still small when you're busting out workouts

like that?

genetics i guess. im sure if i REALLY push it i can get bigger. but im still at 150 lbs lol

and now im off 4weeks in south america.

excersize will surely see a 95% decrease

i dont know man... if he is having this much trouble gaining weight... i wouldnt even do anything except lifting weights. cardio health be damned if he is having this much trouble, it will just burn up to many calories.

Yeah dude because swimmers are tiny. hahaha they're all 187-200 lbs and totally lean.

Soup dude c'mon...

I get that you'd rather not go down looking like an ass or a "punkassbitchpussy" but I really come in here to try and learn things I don't get anywhere else, besides google and that can all take me so far. At least here I more or less know these people and can interact casually. Stop derailing the thread homie. Arguments whatever, if you really have a point to correct at least use the PM. Generally you're going from informative to trolling pretty quickly.

And at some point all the rest of you really should stop actually blazing the argumentative fire.

I gotta be the nice guy here.

Seriously, please stop.

LOL LIKE I WAS SAYING SWIMMING IS A GREAT WAY TO DO CARDIO AND GAIN WEIGHT AT THE SAME TIME. I SWIM TWO MILES A DAY AS A MAIN EXERCISE EVERY DAY AND HAVE BEEN IMPROVING STAMINA AS WELL AS ACTUALLY GAINING WEIGHT.

FEEL FREE TO CONSIDER THIS A BLATANT DISREGARD TO AWW'S REQUEST FOR NO ARGUING... BUT ONLY IF YOU CAN'T READ ENGLISH.

Ya know what's a real bitch? All this hard work and I'm still "skinny". I can feel my strength.

I said it earlier, picking up 100+ lb boxes and such isn't a huge deal anymore. What is a big deal is piling on weight in different areas of my body. My stomach, for example, is getting larger. My arms, on the other hand, don't look very big.

It's all good, though. I'm prepared to fight it head on.

NO cardio for a little while, though. Not until I pack on some more pounds of muscle and

want to cut the weight out of my stomach.

Exactly where I'm at but at a smaller scale I'm sure. I'd rather not mess with cardio until I've proportionately distributed muscle and weight. Even though this midsection fat is taunting the hell outta me.

In my head the plan is to get larger in areas and then cut fat from there. I know it's a long road but results that'll last don't come easy. Goal is december when I actually expect to look like what I feel.

Exactly where I'm at but at a smaller scale I'm sure. I'd rather not mess with cardio until I've proportionately distributed muscle and weight. Even though this midsection fat is taunting the hell outta me.

In my head the plan is to get larger in areas and then cut fat from there. I know it's a long road but results that'll last don't come easy. Goal is december when I actually expect to look like what I feel.

What's your goal?

I'm at 140 (probably a little heavier) going for 165 at 5'5.

Man, all this weight gain and I am trying to lose weight. I need to stay lean, already lost 8 pounds in four weeks.

Diet is like 80% of all your goals, Casek you need to just cut down on cardio and eat a lot and lift heavy

I don't do cardio and I am doing a hypertrophy workout. AOD recommended that I lift heavy at least one day a week so I don't lose my strength. I think I may incorporate it into my workout.