Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the un official workout thread

when you just drink the fruit or vegetable juice, you arent getting the fiber from cellulose, hemicellulose, pectin, amylopectin, etc etc.

trust me.....ive taken many classes on it.

the pulp thats left behind is where the fiber is at.

benefits of fiber:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fiber/nu00033

^from same link:

(Refined or processed foods — such as canned fruits and vegetables and pulp-free juice, white bread and pasta, and non-whole-grain cereals — are lower in fiber content.)

i had a nutrition class where the teacher (who was in better shape than 99% of the class) talked about the importance of fiber, and how she recommended fiber one because it met 50% daily requirement of fiber per serving or something like that.

but fiber is better for overall general health, not increasing muscle strength nor muscle size.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me know how the convict conditioning goes...i was reading through some of the exercises and it looks brutal.

everyone i talk to seems to either be doing p90x or knows someone doing p90x...i saw an ex's sister at the gym looking in really really really good shape...turns out shes been doing p90x too.

I'm done the first month and starting the second today.

Even the rest week is rough.

I can definitely feel the changes already.

I'm really glad that bittorrent had it though, because there's no fucking way I'd be paying $150 for some workout videos.

Yeah, it's the whole program.

All the booklets are in pdf format.

It has every video and even the worksheets to track your progress.

It's 4gb's on btjunkie.

The Insanity program is on there too.

I might give that a whirl after this is over with.

so i was thinking of cleaning out my system of all the garbage next week and thinking about only eating fruits and veggies. trying to cut out meats maybe have some fish and chicken.. i cant do those only drink lemonade things.. is this a good idea or will it effect my lifting. i know this aint the food thread but u guys will know what i need to eat. so any ideas on how to prepare the chicken and fish like what oils to use or not use?? any info will help thanks guys this thread is more helpful then any trainer cuz so many people give input.. good looking out

so i was thinking of cleaning out my system of all the garbage next week and thinking about only eating fruits and veggies. trying to cut out meats maybe have some fish and chicken.. i cant do those only drink lemonade things.. is this a good idea or will it effect my lifting. i know this aint the food thread but u guys will know what i need to eat. so any ideas on how to prepare the chicken and fish like what oils to use or not use?? any info will help thanks guys this thread is more helpful then any trainer cuz so many people give input.. good looking out

This is the eating strategy we suggest to our fighters 2-4 weeks before they start restricting their calories

- only drink water ( you can put lemon and cucumber in it )

- only eat organic eggs, chicken, beef, lamb ( season with herbs, pepper, Olive oil, etc )

* I'm avoiding fish unless I know where it's from

- NO starch ( pasta,rice, beans, bread, etc )

- NO dairy

- All the organic vegetables you can handle,Spinach, Chard , tomato

- Oils EVOO & Flax,Almonds, walnuts, cashews ( unsalted and raw )

- Avoid caffeine... if you must have coffee, limit yourself to 1 a day.

- fruit: 1 small piece a day

- NO ALCOHOL -

eat when you're hungry just stick to the guidelines.

• Like 1

depends what your goals are.

any time you restrict calories especially on a diet like you are talking about, you are gonna lose strength and endurance.

if you cut out meat, you will lose valuable protein.

best way to cook your meatz is on the grill.

dont use much salt if at all. i always marinate chicken breast to make sure its juicy. i cant stand dry ass chicken. dont sleep on thighs or legs either... better flavor. as for oils... use only olive oil.

since i eat like a horse, i generally only fire up the grill once or twice a week and cook enough for the whole week.

i think you would benefit from just a basic clean diet instead of trying to 'detox' especially if you have the diet of the average american. a simple cutting out all refined sugars and carbs goes along way. step up vegetables and lean meats. for carbs stick to oats, rice, whole grains, and other complex carbs.

This is the eating strategy we suggest to our fighters 2-4 weeks before they start restricting their calories

- only drink water ( you can put lemon and cucumber in it )

- only eat organic eggs, chicken, beef, lamb ( season with herbs, pepper, Olive oil, etc )

* I'm avoiding fish unless I know where it's from

- NO starch ( pasta,rice, beans, bread, etc )

- NO dairy

- All the organic vegetables you can handle,Spinach, Chard , tomato

- Oils EVOO & Flax,Almonds, walnuts, cashews ( unsalted and raw )

- Avoid caffeine... if you must have coffee, limit yourself to 1 a day.

- fruit: 1 small piece a day

- NO ALCOHOL -

eat when you're hungry just stick to the guidelines.

any real reason (besides hype) for the only 'organic' stuff?? if only ate organic eggs and meat every week my grocery bill would triple.

why no dairy?

are you just trying to get guys to make weight or what?

Whats wrong with protein shakes?! I love them!

And there's no way I could eat enough meat to cancel out protein shakes.

casek's link shows some powders have heavy metals in them