Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
podrido

the un official workout thread

ha!

slayer i could see but i don't think merle haggard would really make me step it up.

whatever works for you though, more power to ya.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
That all looks good too me, I'd do 5 sets of each, but that's just me. And don't stop at 10 if its not a struggle. Your last set should be 15-20 reps of lower weight, but your second-to-last set should be your heaviest weight of around 6 reps. But like I said, that's just how I do it. You'll hear a million different things.

Go to Vitamin world or GNC or even walmart and get some whey protein and fish oil. Get in the habit of drinking two scoops of whey right after you work out, one scoop when you wake up and one before you go to bed. Start eating more meat. Switch to whole grain breads and pasta (NOT wheat). And get some multivitamins.

Switch out your leg press to squats, you'll hate them at first but you'll get a lot more out of them and you'll have to lower your weight when you switch. Look up Rippetoe squats on youtube for good form. Don't rely so much on machines.

I've been taking this for 3-4 months now, 2 1/2 scoops after I'm done working out.

EAS-powder-vanilla.jpg

I've done squats before, but like you said above I was doing them on a smith machine so I didn't get very good form and just kindof stopped doing them.

AOD.. whats your opinion of squats on the smith machine?

smith machine gives you perfect form, as long as you compensate for the bar having zero weight do your squats on the smith. then once you are comfortable with your form try it with the regular 45lb bar in front of a mirror.

smith machine gives you perfect form, as long as you compensate for the bar having zero weight do your squats on the smith. then once you are comfortable with your form try it with the regular 45lb bar in front of a mirror.

A Smith Machine actually gives you the opposite of perfect form, as it fixes you into one, unnatural plane of movement.

there really isnt differing opinions. its more like fact: smith machines = bad squat form. fiction=smith machines make you have perfect form

just watch this shit. and be prepared to laugh your asses off

Those remind me of this dude at my gym who hits huge weight with bad, sloppy form, less than 50% normal range of motion on most exercises. And he never hits legs. I kinda feel bad for the guy.

I've been taking this for 3-4 months now, 2 1/2 scoops after I'm done working out.

EAS-powder-vanilla.jpg

nice...costco right?

ive have the chocolate version of this.

lots of good info in this. i'm sure you can probably find a pdf somewhere online.

FC0684857219.JPG

and by good info i mean a good general overview of basic exercises.

oh, and i've tried squats on the smith machine and its horrible. i really don't use the smith machine much at all - occasionaly for bench if i'm trying to switch things up.

are squats on the smith machine really that useless? i didn't watch the vid, but since i moved to a new apt, the gym there only has a smith machine for me to do squats. i still feel it, but should i just avoid it and just do squats w/ dumbbells in my hands? (i used to do squats w/ just a bar and plates..so i know what it feels like)

the guy told you in the video....''smith machine squats are like non alcoholic beer... fucking useless.''

hahaha.

but seriously, you cant proper form if you are trying actually push alot of weight. you are going to hurt yourself. i did it. and i thought i was god doing squats on a smith machine for a time.

that being said... if you dont have a squat rack/power rack, you are better off doing smith machine squats than not doing them at all i guess. i would probably keep the weight fairly light and go for hypertrophy instead of strength.

does the eas really have a lot of cholesterol in it?

i need to check the back later on now. :(

i chose it because its got a good amount of protein per serving, and low calorie count.

those champion nutirion protein packets are pretty good too...but mad expensive!