Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
podrido

the un official workout thread

Re: Body Building Tips

Like every other person does...

Steroids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dat formmmmmmmmmmmm!

dead thread is dead....

People still staying in shape?

I'm about to head tot he gym to hit legs!

Any of you guys take any supplements? I just take some whey. I know a lot of people take pre workouts, whey, and some recovery crap too....is it just a waste of money or what if i'm not trying to be a bodybuilder....I just want to be healthy and look decent

Still lifting, fell off for a while. Whatevaaaaz, It's just fun for me, but it would be nice to get to a 225lb squat sometime.

I pretty much just take a whey protein supplement and that's it. I've never taken a pre workout or creatine or any other type of supplement in my life. It's difficult for me to consume all of my necessary calories for the day, and protein needs, so that's why I take it. In reality, you don't really need any supplement as long as your diet is in check.

Consistency is keeeeyyyyyyyyyyy.

ONLY THINGS YOU WILL EVER NEED AS FAR AS MAKING GAINS:

-PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD

-SUFFICIENT CALORIES TO BUILD/CUT BROKEN INTO PROPER MACRONUTRIENT AMOUNTS

-SLEEP

-A GOAL AND A CLEAR PATH TO HOW YOU HOPE TO ACHIEVE IT

-CONSISTENCY IN THE ABOVE THINGS

If you don't have a plan, you are planning to fail.

If you don't keep track of your progress, you will spin your wheels.

If you think you can get shredded without counting calories, lmfao.

GODSPEED U NIGGER FAGGOTS.

• Like 1

I'm about to bless you DYEL faggots with some xmas gains right now in the form of quite possibly the most valuable youtube channel in terms of quality information and training tips. Behold...

TEAM 3DMJ

Watch at your leisure.

Take what works.

Discard what doesn't.

Merry New Year.

:mexican:

well, i was running low on supplements so i re-upped last week...so i thought i would post pics of what im taking and random samples that i have.

feel free to post what youre taking (if youre taking anything at all)

5 lb. musclepharm cookies and cream from costco and 1.6 lb. dymatize iso pina colada:

DSC06098.jpg

random protein powder and protein bar samples...i used a bunch of these samples...i had more..for example i also had some isofusion (myofusion) orange cream samples that i used up:

DSC06100.jpg

some people are into supps, some are not....some say its placebo some say its not...but if it works for you then who cares...lol....post some up or if you have any questions about any of the supps i posted feel free to ask.

• Like 1

Holy jesus, that's a lot of money there, mate!

The only sup that I ever felt made a real dif for me was creatine.

THese days, when I'm not being decimated by tendonitis I prefer just to eat. Breakfasts of oats, mixed nuts/seeds and dried fruits with some nut meal like almonds, hazelnut, lecithin, etc.

Lunches and dinner are usually lots of eggs, tuna, chicken, green veges and fruit. Dinner is usually same as lunch but with beef and fish as well with a big salad and nuts before bed. I drink lo-fat mil pretty constantly through the day as well.

I'm a pretty thick set dude and with that kind of diet along with some good cycling mixed in I have no trouble putting on size.

Just being doing heaps of pool stuff and mountain biking lately. Getting in to the Enduro Gravity racing this year so the focus right now is bikes and fitness.

I'm starting to really hate the whole supplement culture bullshit. I have tried many different proteins, and the outcome is always the same. a big waste of money for something that tastes like shit and does nothing for me. The only thing I would take at this point is creatine monohydrate, where that is the ONLY ingredient, and I actually feel the affects.

Check out all those awesome ingredients in your proteins and pre workouts and tell me you feel good about taking them. Then balance it out with some other lab made vitamins and fiber.

Just eat food. FOOD IS ALL YOU NEED.

while i completely agree with you, sometimes you do need supplementation in your diet. most people here in the states arent malnourished...in fact were overnourished...most of us meet our required protein, vitamin and mineral intakes because we overeat....which unfortunately if you dont workout will just turn to fat causing health problems later..like DM2 or heart disease.

im trying to cut back on the overeating which means limiting my calorie intake, and for someone like me who needs a couple hundred grams of protein a day to maintain muscle especially when im lifting heavy, i need to supplement my protein.

yes, i have read the ingredients and try to stay away from proteins with a bunch of fillers...but getting 25grams of protein from a serving of powder which is anywhere from 106-140 calories is not a bad idea in my opinion....sure i can eat a bunch of fish, chicken, beef etc, but protein shakes are easier for being on the go.

yes supplements cost a lot...most of the ones i bought had some deal with them...for example the MP combat was only $43 at costco and i had a $9 off coupon for it ...so $34 for a 5 lb. thing of protein which will last me a couple of months aint that bad....i bought the iso-100 for $12 because of a discount...other supps i found for super cheap on amazon and the rest are all samples.

preworks i only use when im feeling sluggish and dont want to go to the gym at all...they motivate me to go once i take them...i have read tons of scientific articles saying how fish oil is good for cardiovascular function...hardly anybody gets enough fiber in their diet...thats why i have that...glucosamine has actually helped me with my knee pains from years of sports..multivitamins is in case i miss something im not eating on the regular and the EAA (essential amino acids) are what we need to consume cause our body cant produce.

like i said before, supplements arent for everybody...and while i agree you can get what you need nutritionally from foods, unless you have a really huge variety in your diet and youre constantly eating clean (including clean proteins) it might be hard to get everything you need.