Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
podrido

the un official workout thread

Plz stop with the br0-science.

You could eat all of your daily calories in one sitting every single day and it would not make a bit of difference in your health or body composition as long as you eat the proper amount of calories in the correct macronutrient breakdown for your body."

I dunno about that, isn't the point of eating small frequent meals to keep your metabolism stimulated and up to speed? Call it bro science if you must. I also sometimes think about how jacked prison dudes can get and it's not like they are on some body builders diet and supplement regimen.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Stoking the metabolic fire is nonsense.

If you throw a tiny bit of fuel on a fire every few hours it will burn slowly, but if you throw a ton of fuel on at once it will explode.

This analogy cannot apply to your fucking metabolism.

It sounds good, but it does not apply.

Meal timing DOES. NOT. MATTER. as far as body composition is concerned.

It only matters if you are more comfortable eating more frequently.

The only thing that matters is your total caloric/macro intake for a 24 hour period and consistency in that intake throughout the week/month/year.

I advise you all to read the writings of Alan Aragon and Lyle McDonald before you start spouting off nonsense you have read in bodybuilding magazines or been told by some jerkoff jacked dude in your local gym that has been benching the same amount of weight for the past 8 years and never trains squats.

Prison dudes have nothing but time on their hands to exercise in their cells.

They are one of the few cases where a person can out train a shitty diet.

But in all reality...how many dudes do you see that come out of prison jacked?

Most of them are skinny fat and in poor health.

They don't have weight rooms (armories) in prisons for the inmates to use.

Inb4 nigger genetics and anecdotal nonsense arguments.

If you like eating 15 times a day, do it, but it's not necessary.

but it's superbowl sunday......lol

I know what you mean, i'm pretty good with controlling myself.

So i entered some stuff on my fitness pal, and i chose to lose 1.5 lb's a week, they ask how many times you exercise etc. but if my workouts are intense won't i lose more than 1.5 or is the 1.5 / week only if i follow the nutrition aspect?

Calculate your needs yourself.

Don't rely on that site for anything other than tracking what you have eaten and the amount of calories and macros it ends up adding for you daily.

Weigh yourself daily after waking, pissing, shitting.

Average the weight for the week.

Compare it to the previous week.

If it dropped 1-2 pounds, you are on the right track.

Don't change your numbers until that stagnates.

If losing too much, add like 20-30 grams of carbs to your intake per day.

Gasface is correct about calculating your own caloric needs, however I think that 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week is aggressive and that 1 pound per week is the high end of what should generally be undertaken.

Also, I just weigh myself on Monday mornings after I take a dump, the only thing you will find by weighing yourself every day and pre and post elimination is that your weight varies.

Opinions are like assholes I suppose and the type of fitness I am working on is not lifting oriented nor do I do any fancy nutrient loading or whatever.

Gasface is correct about calculating your own caloric needs, however I think that 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week is aggressive and that 1 pound per week is the high end of what should generally be undertaken.

Also, I just weigh myself on Monday mornings after I take a dump, the only thing you will find by weighing yourself every day and pre and post elimination is that your weight varies.

Opinions are like assholes I suppose and the type of fitness I am working on is not lifting oriented nor do I do any fancy nutrient loading or whatever.

If you average the weight, you don't have to worry about fluctuation as much.

You can end up with fluctuations by doing it once per week as well if you don't follow a set routine or weigh yourself at the same time each week.

2 pounds is a good rate to start with if you are at or above say 15% body fat.

I doubt most people here are below that, so it's a good rate to begin with.

Again, this shit is all basic knowledge that you apes should have about dieting and training, so get reading. Or don't and see if I care.

I already gave you two names in one of my previous posts that you can google and be kept busy with for the next week.

If I sound like an asshole to you, that's your problem.

LOL @ master...this is basic shit.

Go read something and quit waiting for some dude on a FUCKING GRAFFITI forum to hand you a remedial education in not being fat and lazy.

Do what the book says.

I believe you are supposed to go until you stall twice then switch to 3x3 and keep going.

After the same thing happens on that you should probably switch to Madcow or Texas Method.

531 is slow and more advanced.

Unless you tweak it to make it for a lower intermediate after you are done beginner strength stuff you will progress slower than necessary.

I mean, it will work, but it's not optimal at that point.

Thank you very much! I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction, even if it is on a "FUCKING GRAFFITI FORUM" hahahahahaha

I got really sick with food poisoning a week ago from idk what. But yeah, back on it. Working out tonight. Eating dem oatz.

Thank you very much! I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction, even if it is on a "FUCKING GRAFFITI FORUM" hahahahahaha

I got really sick with food poisoning a week ago from idk what. But yeah, back on it. Working out tonight. Eating dem oatz.

Sounds like you've just passed your n00b gains phase which is normal. My advice is to just lower the weights on the lifts you're failing and keep at it.

I'm not planning on switching my routine or cutting until i hit around 2 plates on my squat. It's around this time when you actually start to hate lifting, especially squatting (fuck they're hectic and I'm only at 180 right now). Just gotta push yourself and tell yourself to stop being a little bitch :D. Watching videos online of scrawny girls squatting heavier than yourself is good enough motivation for me. Don't get discouraged by your lack of gains, I've been hovering around the weights I'm at now for like a month and it's annoying. Just gotta trek through it.

I started swimming on a team a couple weeks back, totally different workouts than I was cooking up on my own. I was definitely not pushing my limits and am much happier now that I have some direction.

That's something I could really use, some sort of group or goal to workout to. I've been just aimlessly going to the gym now for awhile, I don't mind it, makes me feel good about myself, but I bet I'd see a lot more growth if i was training with a team or sport attached to it

Sounds like you've just passed your n00b gains phase which is normal. My advice is to just lower the weights on the lifts you're failing and keep at it.

I'm not planning on switching my routine or cutting until i hit around 2 plates on my squat. It's around this time when you actually start to hate lifting, especially squatting (fuck they're hectic and I'm only at 180 right now). Just gotta push yourself and tell yourself to stop being a little bitch :D. Watching videos online of scrawny girls squatting heavier than yourself is good enough motivation for me. Don't get discouraged by your lack of gains, I've been hovering around the weights I'm at now for like a month and it's annoying. Just gotta trek through it.

HE IS NOT PASSED HIS NEWB GAINS.

Just because it is getting difficult does not mean his newb gains are over.

He needs to eat more and recover properly and push his balls to the max each session until THERE IS NO PROGRESS WHATSOEVER IN ANY OF THE LIFTS FOR A SPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME LAID OUT BY THE PROGRAM HE IS ON.

As for you...why in gods name would you start to cut while still gaining strength?

You're just gonna end up spinning your wheels.

Gain strength until you stall.

I posted a program progression chart a few oages back.

Use it.

That's something I could really use, some sort of group or goal to workout to. I've been just aimlessly going to the gym now for awhile, I don't mind it, makes me feel good about myself, but I bet I'd see a lot more growth if i was training with a team or sport attached to it

LMFAO.

If you can't self motivate or even follow a program...my gawd.

Just join the army if you need somebody barking orders at you to run daily.

Right because there is absolutely nothing to be gained by coaching, better send the memo out on that one gasface.

Why have you been such a blowhard lately man?

Pardon me, but that was not directed at you or anyone that gets coached.

I believe in the value of coaching and teamwork.

But if you can't motivate yourself to do something, what fucking team wants you as part of it?

Sounds like dead weight to me.

Sorry if my attitude is poor, but this thread just goes in circles of retardation and ppl seeking 6 week programs that lead to olympian results.

• Like 1

have done 30 mins of cardio the last 2 days.....going to make it a daily thing

got back from the doctors a week ago with really high blood pressure.

no more excuses.

getting my heart rate up to 171 or so maintaining it.....gonna lose some weight and have cleaned up diet.

may stop in here for some moral support from time to time.

peace

^Clean up the diet, eat whole foods and don't eat out. You still ride your bike?