the un official workout thread

podrido

lots of good links and info in here, thanks. I've just got back into the whole healthy living/exercise thing after a long layoff (years).

so, cardio is easy for me, i like to run, i get out 2-3 times a week if possible. but i'm a weak motherfucker. can you guys point out some exercises that can be done at home so i dont have to get a gym membership?

for chest theres a variety of pushups you can do, i put in a doorway chinup bar for my back... what about shoulders, triceps, and any other shit i may have missed?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lots of good links and info in here, thanks. I've just got back into the whole healthy living/exercise thing after a long layoff (years).

so, cardio is easy for me, i like to run, i get out 2-3 times a week if possible. but i'm a weak motherfucker. can you guys point out some exercises that can be done at home so i dont have to get a gym membership?

for chest theres a variety of pushups you can do, i put in a doorway chinup bar for my back... what about shoulders, triceps, and any other shit i may have missed?

get a set of dumbells, you can do a ton of shit with them.

hydrogen. all you need is a good 200$ invested on free weights and you're good to go.

heres a nice little rinky dink bench at sears. http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Fitness&pid=00614627000&vertical=FIT&subcat=Weight+Benches+%26+Sets&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

good for beginners. the only thing is the vinyl weights, most people recommend steel. but you can buy those on your own. i think a good 140lb set would go for 80$ im not sure, you should check sports authority or even sears.

you could invest a couple more dollars and just get yourself a basic olympic bench with dip bars.

FM-8830%20Multi%20Position%20Olympic%20Bench.jpg

at this point it takes a retarded amount of sets/weight to fatigue my muscles

strength resting is 1-3 minutes rest

regular is 30-45 seconds

haha i also do 5 sets of shrugs because i can shrug 655lbs 6 times on my last set, ha.

the first set is usually also a nice lil warm up.

typical flat bench is like 225 - 275 - 315 - 355

So you would still complete your training session in around about an hour?

Talk to me about over training.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Overtraining is more of breaking down more then your muscles can go.

Which is usually over one hour is over training, but then again it depends on you.

Glik0 probably can train for hours and not feel the bad effects(muscle pulls or spasms)

So overtraining is on you mostly...

Guest R@ndomH3ro
How to tell if I am over training, is more my question, but thanks.

well, if you reach muscle failure...(you will know when that happens)

If it really hurts to lift/straining

really its up to you...and how your body feels.

30 mins is the recommended time to lift

I think anything over 1 hour and you should call it a day

train like a wrestler...... get a sand bag. http://www.mikemahler.com/articles/sandbag3.html

well, if you reach muscle failure...(you will know when that happens)

If it really hurts to lift/straining

really its up to you...and how your body feels.

30 mins is the recommended time to lift

I think anything over 1 hour and you should call it a day

Like I said I usually keep the weight training to roughly an hour, I train to failure on most sets.

Thats the whole point yeah?

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Like I said I usually keep the weight training to roughly an hour, I train to failure on most sets.

Thats the whole point yeah?

Yea sometimes....training to muscle failure isnt good.

Remember if you are going to do that to always use proper form, some people in their struggle to get one last rep in forget technique and hurt themselves real bad.

try this work out along with a 1600 calorie a day diet and be amazed how insanely tiring it is.

3 sets 20 reps, 30 seconds MAX break between sets, 45 second break between exercises.

M: Cycle 1

T: Core strength, biceps

W: Cycle 2

R: Core Strength, upper back (mainly lats and traps)

F: Cycle repeats

Cycle 1: Barbells only

Deadlift

Bench Press

Squat

Bent Rows

Overhead Shoulder Press

Romanian Deadlifts

Upright Rows

Incline Bench Press

Lunges

Dips (bodyweight)

Cycle 2: Dumbbells only

Deadlifts

Incline Bench

Step-ups

One Arm-Rows

Lunges

Romanian Deadlifts

Overhead Shoulder Press

Side Row (upright rows with palms in)

Bench Dips (body weight)

Squats

6 Week cycle:

Week 1: 30% Max 10 Rep

Week 2-3: 40% Max 10 Rep

Week 4-5: 50% Max 10 Rep

Week 6: 60% Max 10 Rep

Trust me, my max 10 rep bench is 275-285 and I really struggled doing 3 sets of 20 with 135.

600 reps in about 40 mins...

• 6 months later...

that workout gliko posted sounds like its a fucking killer, im in the middle of an 18 week cycle but the least the rest periods get down to is 60 seconds. but 4 sets of 13-15 reps will surely tired your ass out just the same, maybe if i get any motivation ill lay it out later if anyones interested.