the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...

well, i was running low on supplements so i re-upped last week...so i thought i would post pics of what im taking and random samples that i have.

feel free to post what youre taking (if youre taking anything at all)

5 lb. musclepharm cookies and cream from costco and 1.6 lb. dymatize iso pina colada:

DSC06098.jpg

Holy jesus, that's a lot of money there, mate!

The only sup that I ever felt made a real dif for me was creatine.

THese days, when I'm not being decimated by tendonitis I prefer just to eat. Breakfasts of oats, mixed nuts/seeds and dried fruits with some nut meal like almonds, hazelnut, lecithin, etc.

Lunches and dinner are usually lots of eggs, tuna, chicken, green veges and fruit. Dinner is usually same as lunch but with beef and fish as well with a big salad and nuts before bed. I drink lo-fat mil pretty constantly through the day as well.

I'm a pretty thick set dude and with that kind of diet along with some good cycling mixed in I have no trouble putting on size.

Just being doing heaps of pool stuff and mountain biking lately. Getting in to the Enduro Gravity racing this year so the focus right now is bikes and fitness.

I'm starting to really hate the whole supplement culture bullshit. I have tried many different proteins, and the outcome is always the same. a big waste of money for something that tastes like shit and does nothing for me. The only thing I would take at this point is creatine monohydrate, where that is the ONLY ingredient, and I actually feel the affects.

Check out all those awesome ingredients in your proteins and pre workouts and tell me you feel good about taking them. Then balance it out with some other lab made vitamins and fiber.

Just eat food. FOOD IS ALL YOU NEED.

while i completely agree with you, sometimes you do need supplementation in your diet. most people here in the states arent malnourished...in fact were overnourished...most of us meet our required protein, vitamin and mineral intakes because we overeat....which unfortunately if you dont workout will just turn to fat causing health problems later..like DM2 or heart disease.

im trying to cut back on the overeating which means limiting my calorie intake, and for someone like me who needs a couple hundred grams of protein a day to maintain muscle especially when im lifting heavy, i need to supplement my protein.

yes, i have read the ingredients and try to stay away from proteins with a bunch of fillers...but getting 25grams of protein from a serving of powder which is anywhere from 106-140 calories is not a bad idea in my opinion....sure i can eat a bunch of fish, chicken, beef etc, but protein shakes are easier for being on the go.

yes supplements cost a lot...most of the ones i bought had some deal with them...for example the MP combat was only $43 at costco and i had a $9 off coupon for it ...so $34 for a 5 lb. thing of protein which will last me a couple of months aint that bad....i bought the iso-100 for $12 because of a discount...other supps i found for super cheap on amazon and the rest are all samples.

preworks i only use when im feeling sluggish and dont want to go to the gym at all...they motivate me to go once i take them...i have read tons of scientific articles saying how fish oil is good for cardiovascular function...hardly anybody gets enough fiber in their diet...thats why i have that...glucosamine has actually helped me with my knee pains from years of sports..multivitamins is in case i miss something im not eating on the regular and the EAA (essential amino acids) are what we need to consume cause our body cant produce.

like i said before, supplements arent for everybody...and while i agree you can get what you need nutritionally from foods, unless you have a really huge variety in your diet and youre constantly eating clean (including clean proteins) it might be hard to get everything you need.

Wheybolic 60 before bed, but my go to protein is always Isopure, it is pricey but great with water.

Creature creatine by Beast Nutrition has shown me great results and I never needed to go through like a preloading phase.

And since I'll be cutting soon and hate majority of thermogenics on the market I'm gunna do 3 weeks on, 2 off of Clenbuterol to lean out,

@fish...the c4 is just ok...im thinking of trying blox or MP's assault.

ive read a lot of not so good things abour clen so i cant co-sign that but isopure is really good but a bit out of my budget...i just went halves with a friend on a 5 pound tub of ON's gold standard protein...cake batter flavored...not too bad.

I'm not AGAINST supplements, I just hate the market for them because it's so easy to get sucked into the idea that you NEED all this stuff to be healthy or to have good effective workouts. It's just not the case. Want a good preworkout boost? Eat an orange. For real.

I have trouble sticking with a protein anyway, as in taking it regularly. Currently I'm using this stuff:

dbp_choc_2lbs.jpg

It tastes good enough, especially with almond milk, but I mainly tried it out because of it's minimal ingredients.

Protein is good if you can afford it constantly. $150 for 3kg of good quality whey here in Aust.

Would rather buy tins and eat chicken if it's a toss up.

THIS.

Plus you know what you are getting with meat.

I buy protein at Costco and the bag lasts me months.

I only use it on days when I end up needing to hit my protein target due to not eating like I normally do for whatever reason.

It's a good thing to have around, but it's fucking food and not good tasting food.

I'd rather hit my macros with dead animals and candy than protein powder.

Use this u fucking fagalas...

3jHNxFf.gif

@fish...the c4 is just ok...im thinking of trying blox or MP's assault.

ive read a lot of not so good things abour clen so i cant co-sign that but isopure is really good but a bit out of my budget...i just went halves with a friend on a 5 pound tub of ON's gold standard protein...cake batter flavored...not too bad.

If you have a Nutrishop in your area. They have their own line of product. I tried a couple samples of "nsane" and its decent. better than C4, comparable to to the old jack3d before they removed the DMAA. Some jitters and tingling but i dont mind that. Ive used white flood by controlled labs before also. Good pump and focus with out the feeling like you want to jump out of your shoes. check out nutrishop, they always gives free samples of their own brand.

ON 100% whey is a good protein. Just about done with 5 pounds of banana cream and have some pretty decent gains.