kill emo dead. dead. die.

colder

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by seeking innocence

since when is iggy pop gay?

Yeah..Since when is Bowie gay?

Wasnt he married to that perfect black girl?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah!

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

actually, george dubyah made me think of something, at the shai hulud show last week some kid, he was seriously like 5 foot even, was all emo-ed out and when they started up he was right in the middle of shit with alot of larger hardcore guys and this kid mustve taken karate or some shit cause i swear he was doing some crazy kicks, not like "dancing" or whatever, im talking doing a full like...swing around ninja kick in the air type shit, i give him some credit for that just cause i think it was kinda impressive.

and once again, seekings fuckedupness with the emo/goth (busted...) girls goes one step further down the road. trust tyler.

SHAI HULUD YESSSSSSSss.......hometown heroes motherfuckers!

::SLAM DANCING, i beleive what you were describing::

........yeah, Makros pretty smart opinions always......, emo/punker chicks rock my socks off.........and......whate else.......yeah, even cuz some people are dressed some way don't assume about them.

Clothing does not determine anything at all.........so...............

ummmmmm what else.............i don't like emo music at all........i dig the clothes and stuff.........ummmm..............yeah just keep open minds.

PEace

THE INSTRUCTIONS OF GOOD ROCK MUSIC

Originally posted by colder

do it with balls or dont do it at all.

Yup. I mean, bands can suck, emo bands suck, mostly, but i mean, i've seen a few emo bands, punk bands turn it out completley live. So if they at least present their songs or themselves with some type of Balls/backbone i have some respect.

But yeah, if you're going to play guitar, makesure to have at least a few songs that rock. Or that move you completely emotionaly. I hate people who half ass things.

emo is a genre for closet homosexuals and girls -- a previously untapped demographic.

deny it all you want, fuckers.

everyone, i just want to say that i am a homosexual. i love men more than anything on this earth. i have to come out of the closet because colder got it all figured out. hes a smart guy. listening to music about deep emotions and love makes everyone like the same sex. its incredible how true this is!!! who cares about anything else i have in my life. i listen to all kinds of music, but because i listen to emo too, im gay. it happens. what can i say. the death metal and speedcore didnt tell me what my sexuality was until emo came along and made it all clear to me. thanks emo music. thanks colder. without these 2 i would have no idea that i was gay.

YOU FUCKING MORON. I PRAY YOU ARE HUNG UPSIDE DOWN ONLY TO HAVE YOUR TORSO SLASHED OPEN SO YOUR ORGANS CAN SPILL OVER YOU FACE.

since when does the music you listen to signify what your fucking sexuality was? i give you the idiot badge. wear it with pride bottlenose.

piss?

oh pshaw on all of you. if the band wasnt drunk and pissed off when they wrote the song, it sucks. and that's just the way it is.

george dubyah - rock on.

tesseract and seeking - bowie and iggy pop are bisexual.. i thought that was common knowledge.

demo - gary glitter has a great vocal range too. that doesnt stop 4/5th of the western world from hating him. being talented, and how you use your talent are two different things completely. and about the whining comment, i have something legit to whine about. emo whining about your girlfriend leaving you is ridiculous and uncalled for.. there's a proper way to do it. for reference see "motorhead - bite the bullet" off the ace of spades album. balls out lemmy, and hes talkin about leavin his bitch. not whining about what a whiny bastard he is.

noone will ever be able to out-argue me on this. emo is an outright crime against humanity and must be stopped.

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666

everyone, i just want to say that i am a homosexual. i love men more than anything on this earth. i have to come out of the closet because colder got it all figured out. hes a smart guy. listening to music about deep emotions and love makes everyone like the same sex. its incredible how true this is!!! who cares about anything else i have in my life. i listen to all kinds of music, but because i listen to emo too, im gay. it happens. what can i say. the death metal and speedcore didnt tell me what my sexuality was until emo came along and made it all clear to me. thanks emo music. thanks colder. without these 2 i would have no idea that i was gay.

YOU FUCKING MORON. I PRAY YOU ARE HUNG UPSIDE DOWN ONLY TO HAVE YOUR TORSO SLASHED OPEN SO YOUR ORGANS CAN SPILL OVER YOU FACE.

since when does the music you listen to signify what your fucking sexuality was? i give you the idiot badge. wear it with pride bottlenose.

piss?

hey brah, that's not very emo of you. check yourself.

Guest KING OF HELL

What gets me as that emo nowadays is so NOT what emo was wen it was first around.

bands like rites of spring, egg hunt, soul side, verball assault, beefeater, kingface, swiz, embrace, and ignition were the first wave of bands to be called "emo". and all that ment was emotional hardcore.

then anything melodic at all was considered emo, then you had to be on or sound like you were on ebullition records, and sound like floodgate or down cast or still life.

next it just got worse. EMO is almost some bastardized version of all the above, and it has a fucking fasion show that goes with it, and if possible and even snobier attitude than the actual hardcore scene.

fuck all that shit.

i loved the first few waves of what was called "emo", but now all i can stomach is bands like BURN, CRO MAGS, QUICKSAND, and BAD BRAINS.

once again.......THE YOUTH ARE GETTING RESTLESS.............

im not fucking emo "brah"

bury yourself

idiot

label tossing waste

fuck00000000000000000000000000000000000000000e

i am better than you at marble madness.

so you wouldnt mind explaining where you get off making fun of goths in every thread?

oh the kid with the 12" mohawk he's not punkrock.

the guy with the cowboy hat and stirrups and swingin the lasso definately isnt a cowboy.

come on guy. THE KID CRYING IN THE CORNER IS EMO.

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

What gets me as that emo nowadays is so NOT what emo was wen it was first around.

bands like rites of spring, egg hunt, soul side, verball assault, beefeater, kingface, swiz, embrace, and ignition were the first wave of bands to be called "emo". and all that ment was emotional hardcore.

then anything melodic at all was considered emo, then you had to be on or sound like you were on ebullition records, and sound like floodgate or down cast or still life.

next it just got worse. EMO is almost some bastardized version of all the above, and it has a fucking fasion show that goes with it, and if possible and even snobier attitude than the actual hardcore scene.

fuck all that shit.

i loved the first few waves of what was called "emo", but now all i can stomach is bands like BURN, CRO MAGS, QUICKSAND, and BAD BRAINS.

once again.......THE YOUTH ARE GETTING RESTLESS.............

AMEN.

colder, everything you just said is bullshit. you came out with a bullshit statement at the beginning of this thread and now that people have brought your ignorance to your attention, you are trying to turn it into a intellectual debate- an impossible task.

learn to keep your mouth shut if you dont like the consequences.

@$#%$#@%$#@$#^@^%@

i hate stupid people. emo is a name invented by some old fart at rolling stone that needed to further break down music into little categories by calling it emo or short for emotional.

the deal is that music, like all art always has emotion in it. that's part of what makes it art. so by looking at the term emo and using it as short for emotional that means that hardcore is emo too. because of the release of raw anger and emotion.

if you don't like it, don't listen to it. i don't care, i didn't even read most of the posts, so i'm probably re stating what was already said, but just about all the kids i know that like "emo" are also really big hardcore fans.

basically what colder is saying is that if you don't deal with things by shootin' huntin' fuckin' votin' truckin' shittin' hittin' punchin' fightin' and other "manly" things, then you are a sissy girl. which is stupid. colder is stupid, and i want to knife your eyes and slash your liver. you ignorant whiny piece of shit. also i like how you said you whine about things that matter, like how you don't like a certain style of music. i don't like country but i'm not saying it should be destroyed from the earth and burned. you suck at life. and i hope you get gored by a 2x4.

it's just music. that's it.

Originally posted by Comp

you suck at life.

haha,im not taking sides either, but thats fucking funny...

i like hot girls, thats all im really worried about.

oh, and i really fucking like sunny day, and if that makes me emo, then so be it.

Originally posted by demo

colder, everything you just said is bullshit. you came out with a bullshit statement at the beginning of this thread and now that people have brought your ignorance to your attention, you are trying to turn it into a intellectual debate- an impossible task.

learn to keep your mouth shut if you dont like the consequences.

oh blow me, the only statement i made was that emo fucking sucks. ack i said blow me maybe im a closet homosexual myself..

ARGH

LISTEN TO BLACK SABBATH

keep arguing people, i hope i will get you to hate me so much that you will get in touch with your violent emotions and start listening to death metal. then i will say "my job is done".

so you wouldnt mind explaining where you get off making fun of goths in every thread?

oh the kid with the 12" mohawk he's not punkrock.

the guy with the cowboy hat and stirrups and swingin the lasso definately isnt a cowboy.

come on guy. THE KID CRYING IN THE CORNER IS EMO.

i make fun of every fucking picture i post you should fucking know this by now. how do you know if i havent posted a picture of myself and bashed on myself? you dont. maybe i have. thats all in pointless fun so fuck that.

you do not have any good reasons to hate this kind of music so much. you could say something like "ehh its just not my kind of music." and thats that. but you get into all this other fucking garbage. kids can fucking have mohawks and not be "punk". poeple can wear cowboy hates and not like "country". you seem to be very critical of others you insecure fool. stop trying to be so fucking "manly". you said some shit "if they werent drunk or on drugs then the song sucks" or whatever. this just concludes my theory that YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT. its just fucking music. if you dont like it, then you dont like it. if you are going to flaunt your disgust for the music, you better fucking have a good reason for not liking it or garbage like this happens and lets everyone know you think like a 4th grader.

"i hate you"

"why"

"because i do!"

"awwwwwwwwww!!!!"

you can at least say "ey! i hate emo kids, they are all about looking emo and all this garbage". fuck i would agree with that. i hate when people uniform their music and make it so what you wear says what you listen to and if you dont look like that music, you dont like that music. but you dont have to attack the music in general. they dont sing shit like "i wear scarfs because i'm sad. i need to go to the store to buy glasses and sweaters. crying makes you cool." the bands just sing about shit that happened or whatever. stuff thats emotional. emo as a music genre doesnt make much sence considering all music has emotion, but its kinds hard to RENAME a genre. so whatever with that. you got MTV FAKE HIP HOP IDIOTS basically saying "YOU MUST BUY EXPENSIVE SHIT. GUNS AND VIOLENCE IS COOL. STEALING AND HAVING A TUFF GUY ATTITUDE IS THE WAY TO GO". Which is why i hate that music, because not only does it not appeal to me and not sound good to me at all, it also flaunts such life destroying things like drugs and gangs and stealing and other dumb shit. "BEING DISRESPECTFUL IS AWESOME!!".

look, im leveling with you here and im quitting the insults for a second because i hope you are coming to a better rounded off conclution why you dislike this music. i hope what i said made you tihnk otherwise and help you on your thoughts. im not trying to persuade you to like this music, but im just trying to get you to think harder at why you dislike this music because it interests me.

tah tah

oh blow me, the only statement i made was that emo fucking sucks. ack i said blow me maybe im a closet homosexual myself..

ARGH

LISTEN TO BLACK SABBATH

keep arguing people, i hope i will get you to hate me so much that you will get in touch with your violent emotions and start listening to death metal. then i will say "my job is done".

hahaha i listen to death metal more than any music i have. in fact, i'm listening to suffocation right now.

ahh. i took it that you were some mtv "hip hop" kid. but my argument remains the same. please try to think a little more here.

Originally posted by Comp

@$#%$#@%$#@$#^@^%@

i hate stupid people. emo is a name invented by some old fart at rolling stone that needed to further break down music into little categories by calling it emo or short for emotional.

the deal is that music, like all art always has emotion in it. that's part of what makes it art. so by looking at the term emo and using it as short for emotional that means that hardcore is emo too. because of the release of raw anger and emotion.

if you don't like it, don't listen to it. i don't care, i didn't even read most of the posts, so i'm probably re stating what was already said, but just about all the kids i know that like "emo" are also really big hardcore fans.

basically what colder is saying is that if you don't deal with things by shootin' huntin' fuckin' votin' truckin' shittin' hittin' punchin' fightin' and other "manly" things, then you are a sissy girl. which is stupid. colder is stupid, and i want to knife your eyes and slash your liver. you ignorant whiny piece of shit. also i like how you said you whine about things that matter, like how you don't like a certain style of music. i don't like country but i'm not saying it should be destroyed from the earth and burned. you suck at life. and i hope you get gored by a 2x4.

it's just music. that's it.

dude that's ridiculous.... ALL music is emotion. be it blues or country or pop or swing. to actually call a genre "emotional" is completely ridiculous. that's the equivilant of calling your art "the definitive use of the paintbrush". this emo is not how emotion should be used. its forced emotions, which are the same thing as faking an orgasm and/or fucking a fat chick.

of couse the emo bands get themselves out of this corner by calling themsleves "rock n roll". yeah whatever that's like calling myself "black skin gene deprived".

and hey guess what.. i like the cure, all 80s pop, the velvet underground, rockabilly and i can appreciate country. i guess that puts your theory to shit.

blow it out your collective ass, emo lovers.

hahaha i listen to death metal more than any music i have. in fact, i'm listening to suffocation right now.

ahh. i took it that you were some mtv "hip hop" kid. but my argument remains the same. please try to think a little more here.

im a metalhead at heart and i play lead guitar in a rockabilly band. i have a deep appreciation for music. music is an outlet for anyone to express their emotions. its a great, great thing. charles manson expresses his demons by writing country songs. thats his deal. thats the way he expresses himself. i despise emo because its such a forced genre. all of these groups are being over dramatic and souring their little precious souls because their girlfriend left them. or whatever other reason they are whining about. its just not right.

look at it this way... if you have to piss, you go in the toilet, right? but what if you went outside.. what if you went off the roof of a house.. what if you went in the lake and pissed your neighbors little sister laying on the float. what if you pissed into traffic out a car going 65 mph.

- emo is the toilet. -

which one makes for a better story?

music is an expression and a story.

i hope that connects.

dude that's ridiculous.... ALL music is emotion. be it blues or country or pop or swing. to actually call a genre "emotional" is completely ridiculous.

that's what i was saying you idiot. i was saying that the word emo was made up by some idiot at rolling stone who needed to further classify music. it's just music, it's music i like, so choke on some glass and explode.

, i hope i will get you to hate me so much that you will get in touch with your violent emotions and start listening to death metal. then i will say "my job is done".

i already do, so shut up.

i'm not gonna argue with any of you, just telling facts

1. the only person here that has a clue as to what thay are saying is myself and the king of hell (floodgate and still life were good examples, but downcast wasn't emo)

2. some of you were right when mentioning the 80's DC bands, but in the late nineties, Moss Icon and/or Slint made something out of emo and gave it its distinct characteristics that come to mind when the word "emo" is mentioned

3. emo was noisy in the nineties, with abstract/poetic lyrics

4. poppy band like the promise ring were wrongly called emo and then the all these other poppy bands were getting the title

5. Jawbreaker was the only real emo/pop band

6. Emo died around ninety six or ninety seven. i got out of it by then: the music kept evolving and progressing 'til this point, but then all the new bands just started recycling what the bands in the early nineties did. thats why its dead. A good example of this was Boy sets fire. i saw them play and my friends and i laughed at how cliche they were, but all the younger kids were eating the shit up. it was by this time that the word emo was getting popular, and people knew what it was referring to, a good sign that something is over and played out.

7. i'm sure most of you won't understand what i'm talking about, so just listen to the records (must be on vinyl)

Universal Order of Armageddon-The switch is down

Heroin-Paper bag 7"

Unwound-New plastic Ideas

Embrace-s/t (hear how the original "emo" group sang his heart out, spit all his "emotions" out on a record, yet doesn't come off whiney at all)

Still Life-angry heads with skyward eyes

Current-Current is 12

you will notice this music is diverese and abstract, not poppy in any way, not whiny in anyway

8. i always have to shrug it off whenever someone bitches about emo, since i know that they are not talking about the real emo. in fact, i am silly for making this post, since back in the day, it was silly to even use the word "emo". it was only used in a sarcastic context.

only the king of hell can argue with me, since he has demonstrated that he knows a thing or two. the rest of you just have to take my word for it, i was there.

Originally posted by Zack Morris

did an emo kid steal your girl?..btw I am wearing a black sweater and glasses..haha..tickle me emo.

whoa you remember that site too. tickle me emo had the links to all the cute grls that fake emo boys could brainwash and pretend to like. actually i am sensitive too.

i am going to have to agree with bug and the king of hell, and if he is who i think he is all i have to say is turning point and we'll have an uproar of singalongs and chills.

if not well thursday and behind this wall pushed what a "hardcore" band could do if they put a little love in thier songs.

as for the ultimate "emo" list by bug id have to agree with them but you would have to add

iceburn

sensefield (sorry (PLEASE DO NOT EVER POST MY REAL NAME ON HERE- THE KING OF HELL..........) ill get shit for this one)

into another (cmon richie from underdog saying if he was on a desert island all he would want is an 8 track and a lifetime supply of acid)

and of course........

split lip (these kids were like 15 and they killed shit for the love of a wounded was one of the best albums i ever owned it was back to back with earth crisis all out war in 1993 shows how tough kids are)

as for newer music falling under the category of emo, the only bands that i have seen push it real well would be: god speed you black emperor, low (but someone is going to say that is indie), the owls,

Archived