4 AM, and I just got home from work

Harvey Wallbanger

Oh, and I went in at 7. AM. All the way in East goddamned New York. And I have to go another shoot at 8 tomorrow... three and a half hours from now. The only reason I'm still up making threads is because I have to let my body figure out what the fuck is going on, so I can use this brief window to shit in my own bathroom. .

I hope you motherfuckers appreciate the shit I go through so you can have videos to go along with your crappy bubblegum rap music.

Goodnight.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Taking photographs? I wish. I have to build sets, and run around lugging props and shit while retard extras stand in my way.

Well actually, all I had to do today is build a 3 little pigs house out of sticks. Now someone else is photographing it while I contemplate taking a nap under this table. Oh, and I ripped my pants climbing over a fence.

Tomorrow I'm working on a Saliva video... I've never heard them, but I have a feeling they're going to be an emo band... the suicide girls are going to be there. I'm pretty sure the two go hand in hand.

I have to be there at six AM to set up a boxing ring for them. I fucking hate music videos. I'm going to have to listen to this stupid emo bullshit 200 times. I hope it's at least better than "L'il Mama".

Sleep deprivation makes me cranky.

Wow. I'm really not into the whole Suicide Girls steez (I think most of them look kind of trashy) but one of these chicks is pretty fucking hot. But I wouldn't say I'm "chilling" with them so much as standing around taking perveract shots. I'm waiting until it's time for them to use some props, which I'm in charge of, to talk to them.

They're about to start boxing!

waaa - i have a job and make music videos. waaa.

it could be a lot worse. i sit in a cube all day long...

Sure, it could be worse. I definitely love my job... but imagine if someone made you sit in your cubicle from six in the morning until two the next morning, and your boss invited his whole asshole entourage to stand in your way and smoke weed the whole time. And you had to listen to a shitty song on repeat all day. You'd be bitching too.

Today is going easy, though, other than the fact that i'm sleep deprived like a motherfucker. I got five hours last night, and it was by far the most I've slept all week.

I remember your thread about that. That sounded like a lot of fun... and I know you know what's up with the sleep deprivation.

I do mostly non-union jobs, as a propmaster or art director-- but we're usually a small art department, so we all sort of do everything together, from building sets to propping. Music videos, commercials, the occasional Comedy Central pilot, and a low budget feature here and there. I've been working freelance since my old boss freaked out and flew to Africa without telling anyone.

Sure, it could be worse. I definitely love my job... but imagine if someone made you sit in your cubicle from six in the morning until two the next morning, and your boss invited his whole asshole entourage to stand in your way and smoke weed the whole time. And you had to listen to a shitty song on repeat all day. You'd be bitching too.

Today is going easy, though, other than the fact that i'm sleep deprived like a motherfucker. I got five hours last night, and it was by far the most I've slept all week.

i get it, so at the end of the day, all jobs suck in one way or another.

what artists have you worked with / what vids?

I honestly don't even keep track of who all the videos are for, because I have zero interest in most of the artists... but the ones that stand out in my memory are Young Jeezy's first video, the Fallout Boy shit that won the MTV "video of the year", Jadakiss, Lloyd Banks, D Block, Gavin Degraw, Le Tigre, Ruff Ryders... I don't know who else. Saturday's video was for Li'l Mama. Next week, we're doing a shoot with this band Autumn to Ashes, who I have not heard, but I assume they suck.

I also got to work with pretty much everybody on season two of Chappelle's Show, and most of the artists that played at the MTV awards this past summer. Jobs like that are way more fun. Music videos are almost always really long, crappy days.