The new 12oz! (all members give feedback here)

Issac Brock

But those are sites dedicated to one person.

Okay then what was your point? Yes graffiti can be aesthetically pleasing that's why we have whole site here.

Even on Revoks first page he doesn't use a Revok piece. It's just block letters. Seventh Letter is the same way.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know it kinda bugs me out how writers (or supposed writers) have no confidence in graffiti aesthetically.. when its done right it could look really fresh.. perhaps you feel like this board is too mature and serious for graffiti themed design.. i dunno, but thats kinda retarded if you write.. dont get me wrong i like all of ravens work.. i think hes a fantastic designer but if you look at sites such as revok1.com, jerseyjoeart.com, theseventhletter.com or cousinfrank.com they all look really fresh.. using a terrible looking site like pg as an example isnt really saying much

i pretty much hate any "graffiti" in graphic design. from my standpoint the soul just drops right out of it as soon as it gets run through photoshop or illustrator or whatever, but that's just my opinion. to go off on a tangent...

i believe site has a broader appeal. at the base this is a graffiti website, but it is a website for people that came from graffiti, people that are just entering the graffiti world, and even some that will probably never to graffiti in their life. the more diverse the crowd (within the graffiti realm, of course) that comes to the site, the broader range of interests are going to be thrown into the mix, and the broader the set of influences people will draw from in their work (whatever that may be). i think the graffiti influenced, but not graffiti style, design is more welcoming than a big fat wild tag that causes confusion from the get-go.

love it or hate it the internet has become most writer's window to the graffiti world, and sites like this are breeding new writers every day. a site like puregraffiti is breeding complete douchebags, from what i've noticed, whereas i'd like to think we're trying to pump out a more mature and intelligent writer than that.

or maybe i'm just full of shit

i pretty much hate any "graffiti" in graphic design. from my standpoint the soul just drops right out of it as soon as it gets run through photoshop or illustrator or whatever, but that's just my opinion. to go off on a tangent...

The second its taken out of context it looks shit. I agree, I have hated people who use graffiti in graphic design since the word dot.

With the evolution of styles being so traceable too, I think its rude that some preppy fuck can go through uni then pump out a million magazine covers with arrows and illustrator drips. When the guys who invented these elements get no credit, no fame and are probably either in jail or on drugs somewhere.

But thats a whole other topic anyway.

BTW Eastbay, I don't follow you around you clown, we both look at the same fucking forum. Your just a fagot and I feel the need to point it out occasionally.

there's a ton of reasons why i made the choices i did witht he design. here's some (but not all of them)...

for starters, i see 12oz as far more then a graff site. channel zero and some of the other sections like duty free, cross fire, and untitled is evidence of how diverse it's become. i'd like to cultivate that diversity because frankly this site, like all my projects, is a reflection of where my interests lie and where my head is at. that said, it's been far broader then simply graffiti for a long time now. some of my other projects beyond 12oz will no doubt influence my ideas for 12oz. further, 'graffiti design' can be cool and all, but you guys seem to be forgetting the fact that i pioneered that look along with the rest of our crew when we were putting out 12ozprophet magazine starting as far back as 1993. drips, fades, over spray and handstyles galore in design for almost 15 years is starting to get tired for me, so its natural i break from it when i feel the urge.

those are some of my main reasons.

i hate that "goto first new post shit"

isnt that like the last page anyways

No, not really. I actually didn't understand /pay much attention to it until recently, and I can't believe how much I was missing out, shit is seriously convenient. I'm always clicking on the little arrow next to the thread name (performs the same function) instead of the thread name itself.

Let's say you're reading a thread that is up to post #20 (halfway) on the third page. You leave that thread to go read others for a while. By the time you wanna come back to continue reading the first thread, it's up to page 5. You click the view first unread post and it doesn't take you to page 5, it takes you to post #21 on the third page, which is where you left off. That way you don't have to waste time backtracking and scanning posts until you reach one you recognize. It's ill dude.

No, not really. I actually didn't understand /pay much attention to it until recently, and I can't believe how much I was missing out, shit is seriously convenient. I'm always clicking on the little arrow next to the thread name (performs the same function) instead of the thread name itself.

same situation with me. i heart the little arrow

don't like it, go to pure graffiti if you want bag design and tags and shit everywhere. this site is made by grown-ups with style, something you obviously don't grasp.

Ok, mr I know every thing. Im a designer, and Im just saying I thought the older designs were better. I dont mean tags and bad design I just mean something not so clean and contemporary.