Metal Sculptures

EPMDfan

Yeah Twist, IZ, and Crash all have the things I made. I came up with the ideas of what to make and I don't really have the place to keep them so I figured who better to have them then the people who inspired them. I got so many other projects planned out in my head but I don't have the space to keep them all. :(

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HESHIANDET

epmd, knowing a little about welding and metal work i can see your craft is on point. very nice work. kast your stuff is equally impressive, cement is a slept on medium. annnd the saber things are dope as always. rock on guys, this thread is one of the best yet...

• 3 weeks later...

damn, i can't see them. what do you mean you made them for twist, or saber, or iz? are you giving the sculptures to them? maybe it would explain itself if i could see them. kast, i really like youroutdoor stuff. is that bump still in the subway? more newyork kids should go out and fuck around with sculpture, just as long as their not biteing shit(revs, sonik, monster project,verbs,etc)

Yeah the 3rd one up from the bottom was for Twist. Each of the sculptures were given to the people they were made for, which were...twist, crash, IZ, Renos and my boy Tim. The only pieces I still have are the cans which are currently for sale, the big cans that is. The real cans are on my shelfs...;)

so you just sent them to the respective artists, or have you met them, or did you trade. i'm not trying to be nosey but it looks like you had a gallery show from those photos and i was wondering about the situation. i just hadn't thought about GIVING art to people that i respected but i didn't know

The only 2 I didn't know were Twist and IZ. I know Twist's brother and have knowon him for years and didn't know he was his brother. I just came up with the idea for the twist face and made it and gave it to his brother to give to him because I wanna see what it will look like if he ever gets around to painting it. Since giving it to him I have met up with him and we have talked about a few things. The IZ piece I came up with the idea to make the subway car and then was like ohh I could put an IZ throwie on top of the train and it would be dope. IZ doesn't actually have the piece yet but with any luck my boy will be dropping it off to his house tomorrow night. The other pieces were all made and given to my friends. As far as just giving the art to the people I didn't know, yeah it was kinda weird but at the same time I was just doing it for the fun of it plus learning at the same time and I don't really have the room to keep them all so why not give them to the people who inspired them. As far as shows go I have done 2 shows, one was at a store and the other was at gallery but pretty much a one night deal. Hopefully in the future I can do some more group shows with people. I have a few possible things coming up this year but nothing definate yet hopefully they will come through. If all goes well this is just the beginning of things to come...:)

whats up epmd?

I've been practicing sculpture with wood

making letters and then attaching them to stuff outside

the metal work is coming along ...slowly...

other ideas also developing....

I only hope that people wont be ignorant and say that letter sculptures are a revs bite because that would blow I put some serious effort into my work whether its wood metal concrete paint etc...

respect to those out there trying something new..

and because I know its coming-

If you call sculpture of graf biting revs then isn't all graf biting off the first cat to raise a spray can to a wall?

we are all trying to carve our own unique niche in this game, I'm pursuing mine hard and so are the guys on this thread respect hard work even if you don't enjoy the final product

I'll post pics soon...

retard.

Archived