Craziness and a lack of nicotine.

VAJ

VAJ...I quit smoking cold turkey at the same time that I quit using all the other drugs I was on...Beyond the physical symptoms of detoxing...ciggerettes was the hardest one for me. The craziness goes away fairly quick. It did for me. Still though..probably because im always around it...the temptation often comes back. I usually just deal with it the same way i deal with staying clean from everything else. Take it a little bit at a time..talk about it...and try and convince yourself that it will pass.

I dunno..shit works for me. I hope that helped some.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone I know who is just a couple years older than me, just got dianosed with lung cancer. He had quit smoking 2 years ago, so shai you aint in the clear yet. But good luck making it stick.

Oh and I had already planned to quit on nov 30th before I found out he had lung cancer.

you're cute, but too white for me. i like my young womens

to have a little flavor.

they will want to punch neckface from the womb. mark my words.

Yes, I've been told I'm officey in fact.

Haha. Good. I like excitement in my life.

I liked smoking too.

I work with this lady that has smoked a pack or 2 a day for like 30 years.

We chain smoke together.

I don't want to sound or look like her.

Way too pretty for that shit.

Thinking about this just made me think about something i saw when i rode the bus a few weeks ago.

This lady had a really raspy voicy. she had a scarf on. when she adjusted the scarf she had some tube going into a huge hole in her neck. i thought to myself, wow that must suck.

i dont want to end up like that. Theres good and bad in every situation. i guess the long run just makes you think.

damn.

wow. lung cancer in the 20's...jeez.

yeah but honestly cancer happens regardless. One of my best frieds died almost a year ago from liver cancer. He never drank, well maybe 10 times the 12+ years I knew him, didn't do drugs, other than smoke weed, with the occasional trippy night. He ended up getting diagnosed with it when he was 23, and they caught it pretty early on, he even ended up needing a liver transplant, got one and still died from it, when it came back a few years later. His family has no history of cancer, or anything like that, just one of those freak occurences.

Cig addiction isn't just a mind game. It is a very physical addiction, smoking increases the number of nicotine receptors on your nerve cells all over your body, this is why it feels good, or makes a smoker feel "normal" again after they've been jonesin' for their fix....dopamine gets released (works the same way with other addicting drugs like opiates.) Luckily your body recovers quick from physical addiction (and that crazy feeling will go away with that)........Anyone thinking of quitting I'd highly recommend fasting (lemon cleanse)....It will clean all that junk out of you and make a huge difference.

Cig addiction isn't just a mind game. It is a very physical addiction, smoking increases the number of nicotine receptors on your nerve cells all over your body, this is why it feels good, or makes a smoker feel "normal" again after they've been jonesin' for their fix....dopamine gets released (works the same way with other addicting drugs like opiates.) Luckily your body recovers quick from physical addiction (and that crazy feeling will go away with that)........Anyone thinking of quitting I'd highly recommend fasting (lemon cleanse)....It will clean all that junk out of you and make a huge difference.

wait are you saying I can do heroin to get rid of my nicotine cravings? shit thats an easy way to quit.

Be back once I am done puking and wake back up....

somebody was saying that you can't smoke inside of establishments in CA.

however,

that is a false statement.

it IS 'illegal', but you can smoke inside of just about every bar round my way.

Are you telling me that Theo is wrong?

I refuse to believe that.

You still have a nice mouth.

I smoke cigarettes whenever I go out drinking, which is usually once or twice a week. Sometimes it could be more. Some weeks I don't go out at all.

Weird thing is, I've never felt I've been addicted to smoking cigarettes. This has been going on for a few years at this point, and although I do go on some breaks where I don't go out drinking at all, in which point I don't smoke. I just never have the urge to actually smoke one, not while I'm not drinking anyway.

Good luck with quitting. My grandmother tried to quit several times. My mother has as well.

This chick I knew ended up getting knocked up and quit immediatly with no problems at all. I was quite happy for her, and the baby.