So I'm writing my life story.

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

first write it, then 'word replace' your name throughout with 'Johnny Carson' and I bet you can get it published... or leave it to be your name but put it through one of those 'Million Little Pieces' filters and practice what you're gonna tell Oprah.

Have you read Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole? (it was much cooler and underground back in the 80's when I read it, and I think there's even a movie now but it's still a great book, not an autobiography though.)

{be sure to read the book before you see the movie}

dude im on this same exact tip right now....i have been outlining everything an dnow need to start the nitty gritty....its hard to do when im about to graduate college then get a masters....your synopsis posed a great question how many writers come from fucked up home lives? i for one have a similar background.....strange but not

Yeah, I tried doing the outline thing first but it got all jumbled in my head. I decided to just start spilling the story like I was talking to a therapist or something. I agree with you on the home life thing. Most of the really talented writers I know have or had some messed up situations going on.

My probation officer told me to write my life story. I think it would be good.

I don't really write anymore though. I wrote mostly when I was on drugs. Now that Ive been clean for like 13 months, when I do start writing all I can think about is how I was so much better at it when I was high.

I actually had a book published about coffee tables about ten or twelve years ago................. My idea was the book actually folded out into a coffee table itself....................The problem came in the process of the promoting of the book....................IN an appearence i made on the Regis and Kathy lee show. As i went to take a sip of my water beverage.............. Regis commented that i was,.............." A HANDSOME MAN " I was overcome and spit-up my water...........................Which was not a good look.:snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

dude I saw that on my one and only time watching that show. are you serious?