KRS ONE IS CRAZY B.

DA KID MERO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw KRS ONE live when I was 15. ( No idea why) ( Somewhere in Washington D.C. 9:30 club I think?) I kind of just stood in the back all wide eyed and like.."WTF is going on in here, no I am not going to put my fist in the air and agree with all the shit that you are rambling on and on about".

ITS SAD TOO CUZ WHEN I LISTEN TO JOINTS LIKE "SPARK MAD IZM" AND "MCS ACT LIKE THEY DONT KNOW" IM LIKE "DAMN...WHY DID THIS NIGGA HAVE TO TURN RAP INTO SCIENTOLOGY?" BUT YO, NIGGAS NEED TO GIMME MONEY FOR STUDIO TIME AND/OR FREE STUDIO TIME. I GOT HALF A ZIP FOR NIGGAS HOLLA POW IN YA MOUTH!

Damn, I was coming into here expecting to hear everyone letting Mero know there was a thread on this posted just before his triumphant return, but it is just him asking to be hooked up!!!

Damn, why can't someone give him the studio hookup so he can get the album recorded? I'm pretty sure everyone on here knows he will return the favour when he is rich and famous.

But I think you should just write a book my friend, then branch out into music, before overtaking the movies and finally retiring onto a tv show like Ice T or some shit.

REMEMBER THAT SONG WHERE HE SAID THAT? "NAHLIJ RAINS SUPREEM OVA NEALY EVRY-BAWDY" DIDNT THIS NIGGA TURN RAP INTO A RELIGION OR SOME SHIT?

pretty much. with his temple of hip hop and all that. you ever go to their official website? shit is boring as hell. whatever happened to rap being about fun and parties. don't have to sit back and worship it and folow the 11 elements or whatever exactly and precisely.

but don't get me wrong krs-one has put together some great music but at some point he realized he was "great" and that shit went straight to his head, so he thinks anything and everything he says and touches is gold. very smart man, don't get me wrong. but he goes a little overboard with it.

i remember back in the late 90's he was doing an interview like backstage at some kind of party or concert, and ice cube was standing next to him. they were asking cube about nwa and their influence and whatever and he gave his quick input, and then krs-one chimed in was going on about the 4 elements and talking about how nwa and hip hop in cali was about gangsta rap and how the graffiti and breakdancing didn't really touch basis in cali as much as it did in new york, and i was laughing because ice cube was just blankly staring in to space as krs-one rambled on and on. he had that "what the FUCK is this nigga talking about" look on his face.

i'm glad mero created this thread

krs-one.jpg

"This guy, James Brown, dying on Christmas is very symbolic. Dying on Christmas, we know God is looking at us! We established right here and now. According to Christian tradition, James Brown dying on Jesus’ birthday means that Hip-Hop starts today."

"We should print the lyrics of “Say It Loud (I’m Black and I’m Proud)” and we should say it every Christmas. [KRS recites lyrics] He summed up the entire Black struggle. James Brown dying on Christ’s birthday shows not only who he was – Christ returned – but that Hip-Hop has a chance, politically, to take a day. Let’s celebrate James Brown! Hip-Hoppers celebrate the birth of their Soul, the birth of their Christ, the birth of their nature. Every Christmas, we gonna play James Brown records. All that White Jesus stuff is over! Matter of fact, I’m gonna call James Brown “James Brown the Christ.” When you look at Jesus, look at James Brown. Why wouldn’t you? The first painting of Jesus – the White man with long flowing hair is not what Jesus looked like – we know this. But we accept the lie out of habit, and it’s destroying us. The Vatican knows this! The Vatican says Jesus could be any color, any faith. Why not James Brown? Hip-Hoppers could say “James the Christ.” Further, Lord have mercy, in The Bible James was the brother of Christ. Hip-Hop could do this so sweetly, and take a federal holiday for itself, establishing what Christmas really means. "