ETCHBATH=FUCKED UP HANDS

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hand cleaner with lanolin in it, prior to handling it. Peel coat used by painters, to keep paint off of their hands. A spray bottle close by of baking soda dissolved in water or sodium bicarbonate. Gloves & goggles are always good! You can also use lime to nuetralize the skin. Washing is recommmended, but for 15 minutes straight. I worked for a guy who used a 6% solution to wash trucks and busses and it was bad Shit! He kept buckets everywhere with sodium bicarbonate dissolved in them and would slip hands, arms, feet, face or whatever in these buckets when the stuff splashed on him!

Funkies

all that etch bath burn shit is weak its all bullshit kids they were probly fucking with something else like acid sovents n shit i got that shit on lots of times when i fill them up n i never get burned nor lose my skin but who knows maybe im etch batherris proof:lol:

^^^^^^you couldnt be more wrong, water will spread the burn and if anything will only delude the etch, if you were to neutralize the acids that areburning you on the other hand then you can wash and scrub your hands until there is no possible way that any of that etch is left

he's right. tap water = bad for acid burns, but dude...if we're talking about neutralizing; use bakingsoda (it's a base) ...this is just speculation of course. I've never done it.

A base would cancel out or nuetralize the acid solution (titration, sucka!).

Use baking soda and a bit of water (just enough to make it a solution) and pour it directly on the burn. THEN flush with water.

JUST HYPOTHESIZING BASED ON OTHER TYPES OF ACIDIC BURNS, so test it out first...before you burn yourself :p

disclaimer: not liable for your fuck-ups (:lol: )