ETCHBATH=FUCKED UP HANDS

Abracadabra

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is some serious retardation on this thread.

The active ingredient in etch bath is hydrofluoric acid. It is corrosive to skin, bone, glass, many metals, some stone/mineral/concrete, harmless to most plastics. One of the few on-point posts in this thread is the one about the low ionization constant and small molecular size, which in practical terms means it penetrates your tissues VERY rapidly after contact, doing the previously described damage to internal tissues and bones. Some of the bone damage is difficult or impossible to repair. Hydrofluoric acid reacts with the calcium in bones, changing their shape and composition. This is painful.

As with all chemicals, the SIZE OF THE DOSE is what determines the severity of injuries. The cream is less dangerous than the liquid, and the liquid's danger factor varies with its strength. The industrial mix used to wash concrete will cause death if splashed on more than 40% of the body's surface, because the hydrofluoric acid penetrates to the heart and reacts with the calcium ions in the calcium-magnesium pump and stops the heart.

Other than the errant pic of a fireworks injury, the photos in this thread do show injuries caused by this chemical. It's no joke. I don't fuck with it at all. It is possible a few of you got splashed with a small amount of weak solution and felt few or no effects right away, but you could be looking at bone spurs and other delayed problems as you age.

I dunno, I have gotten more cynical as I age, and part of me really doesn't care if a few knuckleheads fuck themselves up with dangerous chemicals, but those of you with a brain might want to skip working with this shit.

As for washing it off, or neutralizing it, baking soda solution or milk will be helpful, but only in the first minute or two after you get etch on you. After that, the damage is done (because the etch has penetrated internally, where those substances cannot follow). If you don't have those neutralizers, next best thing is to IMMEDIATELY flood the affected area with cold running water for 10-15 minutes.

Vinegar (acetic acid solution) is worthless as an antidote.

• 1 month later...

stupid, they just get on google image and search "acid burn" pics

etch hoax, everyone can do this

im-57.gif

wound20.jpg

some say it wont hurt while some say its true, both claim they've real experiences.... what you expect?

sinice it's the good internet:

I had used etch bath and got a few drops on my hand last week, i wipe it off with tissue. The next morning i feel something burning inside my hand so I went to the doctor, he examined my hand and said the etch is eatting my skin inside, but luckily my bone is made up of plastic so I didnt do any further damage besides my skin. He then gave a bottle of cum for me to put on the wound and I get better the next day; now I always prepare loads of cum when I bomb with etch:scrambled:

hahaimusingtehinternet-4228.jpg

etch can eat away at gloves, unless you buy some expensive ass gloves that are fucking waterproof and etch proof

they aint expensive as an ass

the one that ya mom using for washing dishes can already proof the acid power of etch bath

• 3 months later...

You fucking wimps, I drink etch every morning... it keeps me going through the day.

But seriously, etch is some really fucked up shit. I've only used it once and luckily it was on a mini-mop, I knew it was gonna burn your skin but I didnt think it was gonna be THAT bad, I guess it depends on how strong the shit is.

Just stick to scratchitti, drippy etch mop tags often come out sloppy and unreadable anyway.

No LIE.

I got etch bath in my eye once.

I reached up to tag this entrance to a club.. and a some etch bath dripped right into my fucking right eye like it was eyedrops.

I screamed like and ran around like a headless chicken.. then I picked up my marker and ran strait towards my dads place and flushed it out.

I even called the hospital and poison controll.. but they were BOTH being BITCH MADE. FUCK THEM!!!

anyways. My eye stayed bloodshot for a strait week.. But I still got my 20/20

• 2 weeks later...