FUCK the BUFF monster!

STYLEISKING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of you are any better then this guy. You looked in here, for one, (so you were obviously interested in the subject, good or bad) so thats one point for buff monster 0 for you "critics", I think her thing had teeth shared a very valid point a few posts back, but if people actually paid attenton to the conversation, instead of jumping in on that whole "oh how can I be funny for strangers" type shit, you would know what this Buff monster guy is all about. Hes making money doing what he likes. Yea hes the paris hilton of art, but I bet this guy gets mad bitches, mad money, his art world respects him, he gets to meet actual artists, but you know on the downside, he lost the respect of all of you he will never know ( but you know him) YOU DIG??? and if you say you dont like street art...you are a fucking hypocrite and should take some time to evaluate why you are even involved.

P.S. you might not like the whole buff monster thing.....

but Im sure you like this.

girlieposter.jpg

Wow. He drew on a stripper with paint markers. Holy shit.

And to whoever said someone should catch this guy and beat him down, I hope dude rolls deep because I know more than a few writers who are hunting this guy.

None of you are any better then this guy. You looked in here, for one, (so you were obviously interested in the subject, good or bad) so thats one point for buff monster 0 for you "critics", I think her thing had teeth shared a very valid point a few posts back, but if people actually paid attenton to the conversation, instead of jumping in on that whole "oh how can I be funny for strangers" type shit, you would know what this Buff monster guy is all about. Hes making money doing what he likes. Yea hes the paris hilton of art, but I bet this guy gets mad bitches, mad money, his art world respects him, he gets to meet actual artists, but you know on the downside, he lost the respect of all of you he will never know ( but you know him) YOU DIG??? and if you say you dont like street art...you are a fucking hypocrite and should take some time to evaluate why you are even involved.

fuck the art world. he should keep that garbage in the gallery and off the streets. and graffiti isnt street art, its vandalism. plain and simple.

Buff Monsters attitude may suck but what can i say....I like his visuals.

"There's no such thing as bad publicity" couldn't ring more true than the dissing being done to this guy.

Hey, I personally think it's funny he decided to shake things up and talk some trash. It's as satisfying as throwing rocks at a beehive and then dipping out.

But let's face it....

- he's making scratch doing his thing

- he probably gets a mad amount of pussy

- Japanese desginers and other art types are flying this guy all over the world to do his thing.

Three points about 90% of the graffiti community ever gets to accomplish. Maybe one or two at best but all three? Not likely.

those are artfag goals. young writers have other role models like Rime and VFR. being flown around the world by japanese designers in square specs couldn't be further from a toys mind. and making money is not the pinnacle of achievement in graff.

'doing his thing' is leeching off graff without having given anything to it, do you see? but like all artfags he has no heart, so his 15 minutes will be up when a writer smacks him in the mouth and he disappears from view forever.

i don't know if you were playing devil's advocate or you just like the 12oz controversy, but real writers are mad at him for good reasons. you seem to be somewhat unschooled and out of touch. its sad but i'm not surprised to find artfag-sympathetic views on 12oz.

those are artfag goals.

being flown around the world by japanese designers in square specs couldn't be further from a toys mind. and making money is not the pinnacle of achievement in graff.

but real writers are mad at him for good reasons.

you seem to be somewhat unschooled and out of touch.

its sad but i'm not surprised to find artfag-sympathetic views on 12oz.

1. making money, getting laid and travelling.....goals only for artfags? Please. Drop that self-righteous...."I'm a man of the people" attitude. You'd have tears pouring down your face if you had the opportunities and resources being afforded to homeboy.

2. not every toy have those sort of aspirations (i.e. hob knobbing with designers in Tokyo) but it falls in line with wanting fame, success, and recognition and those are things EVERYONE desires in this little game. Money may not be the pinnacle of achievement but it is something that once you have it, you're not going to want to go back to NOT having it.

3. I agree with you, he did run his mouth off at established writers. You reap what you sow.

4. i have been around long enough to understand both sides of the story rather than being boorish and siding with the "winning" team automatically.

5. I really don't have much to say to point #5. Try coming at me next time with something a little more insightful, then we'll talk

I posted this in Channel Zero already but one more time....my very own original Buff Monster can....courtesy of my trusty claw hammer...

buffmonsta.jpg?t=1170868630