OK now, I'm on holidays....

Mauler5150

So what would you do??  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...for 2 weeks starting today.

My passport won't arrive til Friday (it is Wednesday night here at the moment) and was wondering if you think I should go on a trip overseas or not?

My best mate might be willing to tag along but pending his decision, I'm unsure as to whether to fly solo or not. I will be looking at someplace cheap (read Bali or some other Asian country) so I can live like a king while I am there, so my Eurotrip I have planned for when I graduate (mid year) won't be in jeopardy.

What should I do guys and gals?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hmm, it is 50-50 at the moment.

Must get onto my mates case so he is there to capture the debauched things I plan on getting up to. I am thinking of Bali as a former coworker is already over there (he is a local who's parent own 2 hotels there) but still I think I would run into too many people from here if I went there.

Damn.. I wish this was a problem for me... Two weeks.. Well if you have more vacation time then you might want to wait 'til you got things more planned unless of course just doing something is your thing.. And yes that Dark Side should influence your decision..

P.S. If you got drugs.. You don't need hookers.. Apply to the forehead..

Man, I got the cash to blow, I don't really give a fuck about money as it doesn't buy me happiness.

I am just sick of living in a city where everyone has essentially '2 degrees of separation' that exists between them. Anyone who has spent some time in the 'most isolated capital city in the world' knows what I am saying.

I have to take the holiday now, as I start school in a few weeks, and prior to now, work is just too damn busy over Xmas/NY's.

I could get another paid week off/2 weeks at half pay if I want, but then I use all my leave up and won't be able to go crazy for my mid year holiday. Plus everytime I do something spontaneously, it always works out better than something meticulously planned, just the way my karma works.

I'm thinking I might take a 5 day jaunt to Bali, and just go nuts. The concert definitely is making my decision hard, as otherwise I would just go.

Ready to murder is not far off the money. I've been unhappy for a while. 12oz has actually kept me laughing/sane these past few months.

Have a girl I really like that is like hot/cold towards me, so don't know where that is gonna go. Have an ex that just keeps me around because she knows she can. Have alot of friends who are all at the age that they are getting married/kids/houses and don't want to party.

Thanks for your opinions, they will help me make my choice. Photos will definitely be coming if I go. Will keep you all informed.

Nah, fuck the money on the car.

I'll spend that anyway, especially with my tax check coming. All she needs is a service, and that is getting done on Friday.

Yeah, maybe I need to get a different perspective, as my ex practically told me today. I really need to experience some other cultures (and cross some more nationalities off my banged list)

Yeah, I am in Perth, good call.

Anyway, I got a registered post docket in my mail today, so I am guessing I have my passport a day earlier than expected.

I'm going to call my mate when he wakes up in a hour or 2 and get him to try and come there with me.

And should I go see Eric Clapton when he is here a few days after the Dark side gig??

^^^

what about japan?

less people you'll know there. like you said money is not an object and sometimes Japan will make you feel like you're really really foreign.(which you will be)

It's just south America would be just a tease for 5 days but Japan you could see loads of stuff and if you budgeted it wouldn't kill you.

I'd leave Eric clapton but That's just me!

go solo. you need a new outlook, and being with a friend will hender you... total independence, my friend. and go somewhere where you know you will have a good time, but be isolated from the world you built for yourself.

peeing in teh butt on said trip optional, but highly advised with implementation of a picture journal.

have fun.

Well, if I had more time I would totally fly to the states for the Ch. 0 house party.

I have some friends already in Japan, but they will be flying back this week sometime. Plus I am not really interested into going to Japan, as I heard it can get costly, which could hinder my progress for the Euro jaunt I have planned once I get my degree. Then Ibiza will be on the cards for that trip.

This trip is just about going on the cheap, then doing some shopping while banging as many other tourists I can find. I want to take my best mate as he will double my level of sleazyness automatically, and I'll get better footage with a 3rd party holdign the camera (haha).

I'll have to go and buy a digicam, or even a bigger memory card for my videocamera, but rest assured, there will be photos.

Nah, fuck the money on the car.

I'll spend that anyway, especially with my tax check coming. All she needs is a service, and that is getting done on Friday.

Yeah, maybe I need to get a different perspective, as my ex practically told me today. I really need to experience some other cultures (and cross some more nationalities off my banged list)

just a service?

well

i wish i could change my vote

go to argentina

Argentina doesn't really appeal to me.

I just got back from picking up my passport and am now looking online for the best holiday deal I can find. I am pretty sure my friend is blousing out, so it will more than likely be a solo mission.

Thanks for all your advice, it is appreciated.

You will have an amazing time in Bali, i went there mid year last year. Average price of a taxi is about 0.80cents australian, Eat like a king (I mean steak and lobster for $10 aussie dollars)

The problem is, unless you can get your mate to come with you, you WILL get bored i've seen it happen....Those types of trips are great in big groups but on your own you will burn out (unless you're a friendly social type that can make friends, which is what a lot people are down for over there)

If i was in your position (Which iam with the graduation aspect) I would stay in perth a little while longer go to your dads party, enjoy the concert and then leave. (Its apparently an amazingly liberating feeling knowing you have NOTHING to go back home for and you can do anything you want)

But the thing is I know I have to come back home and go thru a huge semester of school while working fulltime and won't get a chance to take the trip for another 6 months at least.

If I go there now I would be going with the attitude that there is nothing at home to really come back to. And I can make friends, but I am abit too neurotic to make friends with random strangers because some people just don't understand my sense of humour.

Maybe I should just go for a trip during one of my study breaks when the new Tiger Airlines opens next month.

Hey man, it is only going to be a half day lost in travel.

I only want to go for a week at most. After that ADD will kick in and I will want to go home.

When I hit Europe later this year, I will have a degree so if I want ot stay in one place I will have no worries about doing so.

And what do you mean about speaking english?