GRINDHOUSE

DEE38

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"GRINDHOUSE postersAugust 9th, 2006

Grindhouse is the next project from Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. ”Grindhouse” is another name for movie theater, specificially a seedy, run-down theater. When I was in college, it was called the University 3. It was the only business still in operation in an ancient strip mall, and the person that sold you the ticket, also sold you popcorn and soda, AND started the projector. No kidding. I saw The Replacement Killers there. Thumbs DOWN.

The project has been described as “two full-length features,” with trailers for movies that don’t exist in the middle. It’s intended to give you the feel of what it’s like to go to a double-feature in a grindhouse. I know only two things about the two movies: Death Proof stars Kurt Russell as a psycho stunt driver, and Planet Terror has something to do with zombies and Rose McGowan losing a leg and having it replaced by a machine gun.

Other than that, all we have is the posters and Tarantino & Rodriguez’s reputations. If they’re any indication of the level of entertainment Grindhouse will provide, I think we’re in for a treat.

Just don’t go see it at the University 3."

• 1 month later...
"Obviously over-rated", eh? Wrong.

kill bill was Terrible with a capital T. that movie got so much hype and it sucked.

uma thurmans japanese was fucking terrible and the whole part about how she wanted to

get a japanese sword but then the whole film she is using a chinese sword style.

i know most people wont get that, well i did, and it was annoying to me because i

really like asian films and like memoirs of a geisha using chinese actresses, i dont like hollywood

gloss overs that underestimates the audiences intelligence.

the biggest thing that bugs me is that his ideas always have alot of potential.

so his stuff is not terrible like say a shaq movie but to me they are frustrating because

he does genres that i really like and i want to like his stuff but they always seem snobbish

like hey im a film geek and im going to rip off parts of an exploitation flick.

the people that know i ripped it off will see it as tribute and all those that didnt

see the film i ripped it off from will just think im the greatest director to have ever lived.

when i watch the behind the scenes stuff i just cant stand what a nerd he is.

i liked resevoir dogs, and pulp fiction but hes gone down hill from there.

with that said, im definitely going to see this because i like rodriguezs stuff and i hope quentins is just

as good.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Those movies look so stupid and low budget.........

That it just might work out to be great.