the truth about Sublime

hatetown

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Peyote isn't exactly winning us over here, is he, KOH?

I don't mind the Doors. By that, I mean that I'm fairly neutral about them.

I'm not really a Lou Reed fan. Besides, VU had more to do with Andy Warhol and the Factory, anyway.

The Velvet Underground only had one album that had anything to do with Andy Warhol, and in my opinion, and a lot of other peoples, it wasn't their best one either.

Peyote isn't exactly winning us over here, is he, KOH?

I don't mind the Doors. By that, I mean that I'm fairly neutral about them.

I'm not really a Lou Reed fan. Besides, VU had more to do with Andy Warhol and the Factory, anyway.

d00d you totally won the e-match.

free gatorades on me :rolleyes:

I'm also pretty indifferent to The Doors. They have a few songs I like, but the lyrics are definitely the weakest part of their sound. If the rest of the group had ditched Morrison and created an instrumental band, I'd probably dig them.

But the Velvet Underground are fucking amazing. I don't care how much of a douchebag Lou Reed is, he has had more of a domino effect influence on rock music than virtually anybody (yes, including all the black people it was initially stolen from). And all Warhol did was bring them to the attention of the public... well before anyone was ready for them.

i like sublime alright. but i don't normally tell people that. because sublime has some of the worst fans possible.

i think they do a very good job of tying together reggae, ska, punk, latin music, hip-hop, hardcore, and dub in a way that seems personal and relevant to their own time. but most people who like them, like them because they have songs about weed. fuck you, hippies.

Guest shai_hulud
and they had some euro groupie sing a few songs.

nicvel.jpg

Nico.

Another contemporary of her was.....

Faithfull_1966.jpg

...Marianne Faihfull. And who could forget...

John_Lennon_and_Yoko_Ono_with_Pierre_Trudeau.jpg

...Yoko Ono.

KOH, i can see crapping all over sublime, bc im not sure exactly what their influence on music was, but crapping all over john lennon and kurt cobain, those guys have had such a profound influence upon music and popular culture it is immeasurable. even if you are a fan of neither, it is nearly impossible to deny their influence.

what kind of music do you listen to?

i like sublime alright. but i don't normally tell people that. because sublime has some of the worst fans possible.

i think they do a very good job of tying together reggae, ska, punk, latin music, hip-hop, hardcore, and dub in a way that seems personal and relevant to their own time. but most people who like them, like them because they have songs about weed. fuck you, hippies.

co-sign this whole thing

• 3 weeks later...

bump sublime.

Bradley had an ear for tracks that most kids will never have the opportunity to be exposed too. Its much deeper than the face value of the albums and the transitions from song to song....although they were almost perfected.

Do your homework and you will find some of the most genuine ghetto classic reggae lines, loops and dubs that never really made it off the island. On top of that the punk and hip hop he chose to use. Dude just had a ear and imagination more than instrument tallent and performing skills. Feild Marshal shure did help as well though....

big ups to my hommies keeping the legacy alive in the LBC! you know who yous are!

what up REEK1! I hear yall fucking around with dubcat again no?

peace.

-S

Aids isn't as bad as ICP.

:LOL: :LOL:

YO I REMEMBER DOING SOME WAREHOUSE JOB WITH A COUPLE OF MY NIGGAS AND THERE WAS SOME KIDS FROM PENNSYLVANIA WHO WERE HAAAARRRRDDDDDDBODY DOWN WITH THAT ICP SHIT. NIGGAS SMELLED BANANAS I DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE SMELL COMIN OFF THEM WAS. SHIT WAS TERRIBLE. BUT YO, ICP IS SO WACK ITS HILARIOUS DONT GET ME STARTED ON THOSE NIGGAS THOUGH I'LL BE HERE ALL DAY.