the truth about Sublime

hatetown

Guest shai_hulud
So I hear Dystopia is coming out with a new album in Jan.

I am looking forward to that.

And not much else.

I haven't heard about that. I guess I could ask around, they're friends of friends of mine.

There was a rumor that they were going to play a show with Cannibal Corpse last summer at Burnt Ramen. It never happened.

I'd be more excited to see Sleep or Noothgrush do a new album, in a way. I think 90% of what makes Dystopia great is their live act. The albums always sounded a little thin to me. Maybe if they do record a new album they can get a good engineer to turn up the bass in the mix.

All my suburban friends from where I grew up are listening to High On Fire and Neurosis nowadays. I'm sure some of those guys think they're new bands, too. :lol:

Have you ever heard Electric Wizard before? They're like Sabbath times ten.

And, Sublime still sucks. That guy Bradley was a good singer and an okay guitar player, but they just could not write good songs. They were probably a good live act. That's the only concession I'll make.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud
most of their music was dubs and or covers of bob marley.

and if your going to say bob marley couldnt write music then your full of shit

edit: have you ever heard Date Rape? fuckin genious

I said THEY didn't write good songs. I never mentioned Bob Marley.

I have to admit that their cover of "Scarlet Begonias" made me laugh.

I'll give them one last bit of slack. They WERE talented, I won't deny that. But, they were stoners to a fault, and that detracted from whatever songwriting they did. If that guy Bradley hadn't died, and they had made a few more albums, then who knows? I might be singing a whole different tune.

My friends played me the Long Beach Dub All-stars stuff, and I wasn't impressed with that either. Or "Date Rape". I like ska and dub a lot. I've been listening to Jamaican music for most of my life. I just don't care for their take on it.

I should add that I grew up in a musical family. I confess to being a snob about music.

im listening to badfish rite now.

that song is really fucking good.

some of you guys are trippin, i bet a lot of you heard "what i got" on the radio and saw the hackey sack kids with their sublime tees and were like "oh! GAY"

and maybe some of you do know what's up

i listen to sublime on almost a daily basis..i knew bradley had a herion problem..but meth and crack too..damn.. well i remeber in Garden Grove he says " wakin up to an alarm, stickin needles in your arm". shit was sad. i mean he died almost 10 years ago..i can only imagine what amazing music they could have created if he was still here...RIP BRADLEY NOWELL.

i listen to sublime on almost a daily basis..i knew bradley had a herion problem..but meth and crack too..damn.. well i remeber in Garden Grove he says " wakin up to an alarm, stickin needles in your arm". shit was sad. i mean he died almost 10 years ago..i can only imagine what amazing music they could have created if he was still here...RIP BRADLEY NOWELL.

sublime as a band never really did coke or crack.

sure, they mentioned it a lot, but it was always something negative about crack and the people who do it.

somethin about white dudes + reggae doesn't add up to me.

that and the fact that sublime fans have a higher rate of OD'ing on heroin than any other group of people i know.

two of my girl's friends from high school have overdosed on heroin. and their favorite band? you guess it...sublime!

This band sucks, the dudes are complete pieces of shit, fuck them, I'm glad dude is dead. I have two wishes regaurding the gay ass band.

1. I want more of them to die.

2. I want anyone who considers getting the "sublime sun" for a tattoo to die infront of thier mother.

KOH/Ruthless.

Quite possibly the most brutal post in 12oz history? maybe.