The fast food award thread..

CALIgula

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to taco bell yesterday and ordered their new doubledilla...Supposed to be a double Quesadilla I guess but they fucking gave me a regular quesadilla...was pissed, too late to go back and complain cuz I had work. Luckily I ordered another burrito to keep me satisfied.

The doubledilla was always your mom's favourite.

/late sub-par witty burn

Copped a chicken doubledilla. Taco bell steak's a little off to me.

XaQmIIw.thumb.jpg.b95a2e7d4aea69cb3859bdb71999b9dc.jpg

It was pretty good but i think it could be a little thicker like in the pictures. I guess they figure that because you get 4 pieces it's good enough. And i can't help but feel like they may as well give you full fledged nachos with cheese and sour cream.

All and all would get again.

eh...thats not bad...i guess thats the average for getting full off fast food.

i miss the days where $4 was enough to get you full.

i tried the jack in the box munchie meal a few days ago and it came out to $7...seems like $7/$8 is the norm now.

I had a burger today that i had a coupon for from this mom & pop hotdog shop....still, with a drink, i came out paying $8....the burger was good though....6 patties...it was called the mad cow.

i tried the jack in the box munchie meal a few days ago and it came out to $7...seems like $7/$8 is the norm now.

I have not eaten any fast food for years (minus In n Out) so i am pretty shocked that they are charging that much. The taquerias serving 2 tacos for $3 and all you can eat chips and salsa. $7 or 8 is what i typically pay for like a whole sandwiches or a burrito made with real food (not processed to oblivion). I thought these places had been selling a cheese burger for a dollar.

Damn!

How big were the patties?

the patties weren't too big or thick...but with 6 patties, it was just too much meat...plus when i bit into the burger, three of the patties just shot out of the other side....i took a picture of the burger....maybe i will post up.

I have not eaten any fast food for years (minus In n Out) so i am pretty shocked that they are charging that much. The taquerias serving 2 tacos for $3 and all you can eat chips and salsa. $7 or 8 is what i typically pay for like a whole sandwiches or a burrito made with real food (not processed to oblivion). I thought these places had been selling a cheese burger for a dollar.

yeah, $7/$8 is what i pay for a chipotle burrito made with quality ingredients.

there are no $1 cheeseburgers anymore....i went to a mcdonalds a few weeeks ago and looked at the dollar menu, and there were no sandwiches on it...just ice cream cones, small fries, apple pie, etc....

the burgers like the mcdouble and the double cheeseburger are all like $1.69 now or something like that....and they have these small new $2 burgers.

even carls jr which sold the "big hamburger" for $1 has upped it to almost $2....and the famouse star that was $2.49 is now $3 and some change....make the burger a meal with fries and a soda and youre looking at about $8.

even subway has upped their prices...the $5 footlongs are now $5.50 and thats for the cheap sandwiches like the cold cut trio...more expensive sandwiches like turkey or tuna are $6.50 for the footlong, and if you want a premium footlong sub like the subway club or one of their new signature sandwiches its about $7.50....just for the sandwich...not including drink and chips.

last timemy girlfriend and I had subway, we got 2 footlong sanwiches, 2 chips, and 2 sodas and it came out to about $20.

not to mention they have cut down on the size of the burgers too....burger king used to have big burgers, but theyve gotten way smaller and way more expensive over the years....just about 5 or 6 years ago a whopper jr. was $1.00....now they have a buy 2 sandwiches for $5 "deal" where you can pick 2 sandwiches....last time i was at burger king, i got the same 2 whopper jrs. for $5 when it used to be $2, and the burgers were noticeably smaller.

all this is fine with me though, because with price hikes and portion size reduction of their foods, makes me want to eat at fast food spots less often, which is actually not a bad thing....if im going to be paying $7 or $8 i might as well go somewhere with quality ingredients and not a fast food place.

even the price of the double double at in-n-out has gone up from $2.50 to like $3.19 or something.

• Like 2

that taco looks good.

did you catch that last anthony bourdain episode when he was in miami?

he was eating a burger in the venezuelan part of miami.

i actually had one of those venezuelan burgerslast time i was in venezuela in 2005.

actually flew from caracas to margarita island to stay there for a few days and when the clubs got out, there were street vendors selling them....so good.

also, in miami, the restaurants on ocean drive had really good food and it wasnt too expensive if i remember correctly.

the stuff about the things

Thanks for breaking it down for me. I think i may have gotten used to not getting a drink and a side with my food and that is why the stuff i get is on the cheaper end of the spectrum. Like why would i need a soda to go with my huge ass burrito let alone a side? After i eat a burrito i feel like i won't be hungry until the next morning. I always just have a free cup of water with all my meals.

Glad you can see the silver lining to the raise in prices. I cant eat at McDonalds or Taco Bell because my body cant handle that level of processed food and it just comes out 20 minutes later. I would be all over it if i could because processed foods taste fantastic, that is what they are engineered to do. Luckily my body doesn't fuck with them.

I wish one last time i could get down on an obscene amount of McDonalds with no repercussions, that would be incredible.

• Like 1