The fast food award thread..

CALIgula

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I dont get people that order a burger without any sauce or dont put sauce on it.

"Yeah let me get a burger no ketchup, no mustard, no mayo, no pickles, no tomatoes or onions or all around flavor for that matter. Yup just the patty, cheese and the bun for me."

I got a friend whos just has the patty and the bun like woah take it easy buddy. I dont want your taste buds to go into shock or anything.

I feel like I need to defend myself way too much for preferring a hamburger with just mustard. Maybe some sauteed onions and cheese when i feel especially hungry. My opinion is that your baconator with mayo and BBQ sauce is just overkill.

When the burger is actually good, it doesn't need a bunch of bullshit to enhance the flavor. I want to taste beef and not all the stupid doodads. Pickles and raw onions are the worst. They absolutely kill every other flavor on the burger.

So true. To a certain extent. I'll put mayo, onion, tomatoes, a pickle slice or two on a burger. The quality of the burger dictates the fix ins. But ketchup never gets used. Hate the stuff. Regular yellow mustard has no place on a burger either but I will add spicy brown to a homemade one tho.

All I really need is the meat and cheese in the end.

Also I've gotten to a point where a cheeseburger isn't really a real cheeseburger unless it has bacon.

Also I've gotten to a point where a cheeseburger isn't really a real cheeseburger unless it has bacon.

this

So true. To a certain extent. I'll put mayo, onion, tomatoes, a pickle slice or two on a burger. The quality of the burger dictates the fix ins. But ketchup never gets used. Hate the stuff. Regular yellow mustard has no place on a burger either but I will add spicy brown to a homemade one tho.

All I really need is the meat and cheese in the end.

never mustard on a burger.. a hotdog with just honey mustard is good too

go to burger toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, & some onion.. on a bun with a bit of ketchup & mayo.. pepper on the burger

bacon cheeseburgers get the same, unless were talking onion/mushroom

If i'm making my own patty it's 80/20 mixed with black pepper and old bay.

- tomato slices

- sauteed mushrooms on the other side of the beef because all slime on one side is not a good call

- romaine lettuce

- lil' mayo can be ok but shouldnt be necessary

a sharp cheddar or gouda is nice

Sesame seed bun makes all the difference

Sesame seed bun makes all the difference

Copped some today. Had homemade bacon cheeseburgers tonight.

What's you guys stance on cheese? Mine has to at least be mostly melted. That's one of the things I hate most about mickey's/bk/wendy's. Uncooked ass cheese.

Also speaking of bk, they're pulling out all the stops.

The "big king"

hvq5hd.jpg

What's you guys stance on cheese? Mine has to at least be mostly melted. That's one of the things I hate most about mickey's/bk/wendy's. Uncooked ass cheese.

Also speaking of bk, they're pulling out all the stops.

The "big king"

hvq5hd.jpg

Cosigned on the cheese part.

BK stepping their copyright infringement game up. I would definitely try that though considering BK does the whole burger thing way better than McDicks IMO.

I am lucky enough that I have a friend who is from France and owns a bakery. He makes all the non poor people bread for not only my area, but for a large part of the northwest. I am amazed at how much artisan bread he ships out on a daily basis. Further away sites get frozen bread from him.

I am not sure of different bread names, but there are a lot better choices then sesame (which I personally hate) and other regularly used breads for burgers.

Widen your horizons.