12oz Book Club 8:::::::D

smoke crack

im finding myself board and shut in now that its officially winter..and since im currently in a creative recession with no motivation to draw and whatnot..ive taken up reading....but..all i have to read are the books and magizines in my house..and once im through them i wouldnt even know where to start trying to find GOOD books WORTH reading..so..ive turned here for recommendations.............

(if a thread like this already exists just link me...im more than a few beers deep and couldnt find the search thing)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: 12oz Book Club :D :D :D

I just picked up a book today that I've been wanting to read for awhile. "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend) not the type of thing I usually read, but it sounds intresting.

is this the book that "the omega man" was based on? george romero owes alot to this book as well.

Anything by Neil Stephenson or Douglas Adams.

wow I agree with east bay for once...

terry pratchet should be thrown in that mix as well..

americangods.jpg

i will always recommend this book. and mostly anything else by him.^

this shit gets a little to hippied out for me in the second half.but its good

2070746844.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

also, a book called "the five fingers"

its like a higher than special forces vietnam war time crazy murder mission book, but its dope.

and theres debate over if the author was just a bullshit artist or real deal shit.

books!

Kafka - The Metamorphosis (good short read)

and the chuck pahalinuk fight club guy, i just finished Haunted, entertaining.

i'm not sure if i agree with the Metamorphosis. that shit hit me hard with the Existicial (spl?) view.

it is an intresting story tho. to wordie for me tho. i mean the guy is a huge dung beatle and dosn't seem to care.

I read a great book called The Devil in the White City, nonfiction about a serial killer and the Colombian Exposition, it was a great read: too fucked up to have been invented. Now I'm into this one about this black guy who owned slaves back in the day, it's true to non-fiction history, but sort of fleshed out with dialog and stories and such, its called The Known World.