Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vaio

purchasing Respirators

Ok, basically im noticing more and more that my health is deteriorating in various ways the more i paint. ive been searching the net for a respirator and im not sure what to buy. There are so many brands and filter types available and i want to purchase a proper one. I know there are already threads about respirators but they are all full of nonsence and people talking shit. Ok basically any links to good respirators o9r proper information would be appreciated(not links to what the paint can do to ur health i know all of that already i just want info on the masks). Ive heard that AX filters are the best but cant seem to find them,.....please help!!!!

3M.com has info on their respirators. 3M handsdown makes the best respirators for painting. Get the 6000 series which is the most comfortable, easy to use/get parts for. Get the full assembly that says its for spraying paint. It should have a picture of some dood painting. But if anything get the ones with organic filters ie. the ones encased in plastic(not the pink round pad looking ones, those are for particals) i got mines new for 18$ but that was a crazy deal. expect to pay from 25-35$ for the full assembly. try ebay search for "respirator"

Go to home depot and get the 3m more expensive model. with changeable filters. buy lots of extra filters. I'd suggest buying one local because any decent hardware store will have 'em and there's no use in paying shipping on one. Also, if you buy one local you know you'll be able to get more filters... paying shipping on later filters would be double dumb. In my opinion.

the link above shows the one you're looking for (as in yes, it's good).

Go to home depot and get the 3m more expensive model. with changeable filters. buy lots of extra filters. I'd suggest buying one local because any decent hardware store will have 'em and there's no use in paying shipping on one. Also, if you buy one local you know you'll be able to get more filters... paying shipping on later filters would be double dumb. In my opinion.

the link above shows the one you're looking for (as in yes, it's good).

Are they really needed?

Do most people use them?

Are they comfortable?

Thanks for the help lads. home depo is not an option as i dont LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR THE US. THE HELP OF AN OBSESSIVE HElth dude would be appreciated

ok...well....^^^ same here im not US

search e-bay. some people put some really good respirators up. i got mine for $40 with 2 filters for blocking spray paint and chemicals relating to that.

i got a 3M 7500, which im pretty sure is the latest model out. Its great. blocks out everything. It has a silicon seal which is VERY comfortable, and could be worn for hours.

To answer your questions swingforbloodx:

Are they really needed? YES, depending on how serious you are. If you just gonna paint for 1 week and then give up. simple, dont buy one. if your painting for generally 3 minutes or over i use it. PAINT FUMES ARE HARMFUL AND DO LOTS OF DAMAGE. dont risk it. read up on the dangers of painting constantly without a respirator. there are already about 3 different threads on it. and two of them i believe are stickied.

Do most people use them? Most serious painters 'I' know use them every chance they get. If you want to be around, and still healthy in 20 years time, WEAR ONE. dont risk it. the health problems that can occur are very bad. Kidney stones, pissing blood, loss of bladder control. the list goes on.

Are they comfortable? I cant speak for any other respirators but the 3M 7500 series i have, i can paint for hours in it and its still very comfortable.

next time dont be such a FUCKING NOOB and look at ALL THE FUCKING THREADS there is on this shit.

Ok, basically im noticing more and more that my health is deteriorating in various ways the more i paint. ive been searching the net for a respirator and im not sure what to buy. There are so many brands and filter types available and i want to purchase a proper one. I know there are already threads about respirators but they are all full of nonsence and people talking shit. Ok basically any links to good respirators o9r proper information would be appreciated(not links to what the paint can do to ur health i know all of that already i just want info on the masks). Ive heard that AX filters are the best but cant seem to find them,.....please help!!!!

yer i got one of them 3m ones that are worth about 80 buks,from work:p

one for me and one for SEKS freeeeeeeeeeee.

but serious man you would have to be using a couple of hundered buks worth of paint a day or painting in phone booths toNOTICE your health deterierate.

wake up nigah and just use ure shirt for the time being

idk about getting a respirator. i dont know when i would use it. maybe if i was in a small tunnel doing a long piece but idk besides that. and the sell respirators on montana-cans.com

Shit, its not really an option for me to wear a respierator when I go to the streets...in the freight and other chill spots then yeah, but you cant walk around Chicago with a fuckin gas mask on...

You should change out your filters when you start being able to smell anything through the mask. If you can smell even the smallest amount of paint with it properly on it's time for new filters. In my experience the filters last a while on the 3m half-face masks.

I think respirators are a waste of time and money. The only way I could see anyone wanting to use them is if you are painting inside (mural type shit) or if your bombing tunnels with poor ventelation. If your doing the regual street smackers, rooftops and billboards you just look kind of dumb wearing it. Some say "Oh well it covers your face" Well buy some cheap mask or some shit. But whatever, it's your money.

I think respirators are a waste of time and money. The only way I could see anyone wanting to use them is if you are painting inside (mural type shit) or if your bombing tunnels with poor ventelation. If your doing the regual street smackers, rooftops and billboards you just look kind of dumb wearing it. Some say "Oh well it covers your face" Well buy some cheap mask or some shit. But whatever, it's your money.

Are you fucking serious? Do u have ANY clue about painting on rooftops? have u painted on one? Do u know how long paint fumes hang around? i guess not... i have no need to explain myself, if you dont know, maybe a toy could enlighten you. :rolleyes:

go to the local hardware store and spend anywhere from $20 to $50....the good ones are more expensive, but the cheaper ones work just fine too.

this will sound really stupid, but i usually just tie a bandana around my nose/mouth or use my shirt/jacket to cover up

you can go a good while without a respirator. first youlle start out with nothing to cover your face. after a while you might use a bandana to cover up, but bottom line is you are going to feel the effects from the fumes after a while. if you paint a good amount out of the week, you might want to invest in a respirator, especially for burners n shit.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now