I hate krylon paint

FEND!1!

the odd krylon is ok and ok at best, although i did come up on about 30 cans of the old true blue. which i scooped all of it, that shits the best. back when krylon has great, true blue, that fucking emerald green colour and shit like hot pink, tels blue etc... now its just SHIT for the most part. rusto products all the way

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use any kind of paint that i can get my hands on. if that means i have to go over the same area 4 times with baby blue then why the fuck not, all i want is the flick so i can see that shit later, i dont care if it gets buffed the next day week hour month whatever. its all going to fade anyway.

four cans for a fill and it gets buffed the next day and your chill with that? fucking rich boy who doesnt care about getting up

four cans for a fill and it gets buffed the next day and your chill with that? fucking rich boy who doesnt care about getting up

ummm. 4 cans? i said go over it 4 times. i dont know how you paint, but apparently its terrible.

i dont understand how using free paint qualifies me as a rich boy. and even so, i'd love to be rich, then i wouldnt have to work my ass off for the room i rent in this house and the car i drive in order to get to work.

you see, i get enough spots, or atleast im satisfied with what i do, because for every spot that gets buffed i have a lot more shit running.

chances are more people know who i am than know who you are, understand?

there are some krylon colors that are ok..tuscan sunset, watermelon, jade satin, global blue, ultra flat black, semiflat black, white, oxford blue, bistro, mountain view, grape frost, purple gloss, hyacinth, smoke grey, leather brown. and even the shity ones can be used for something.

krylon has become lesser and lesser quality it seems threw out the years....it seems to me it has gotten even thinner ever since they went from painted on label to that serene wrap type plastic label that you can peel off...it's still ill for highlights and detail shit but it's def not as good as what it use to be. i have old cans of pumpkin orange that cover fine...the new ones are shit. rusto on the other hand has switched to them lame ass female caps....the palette is shrinking more and more...

the quality of Krylon has gone way downhill since i started painting in the late 80's...

i remember hearing rumors in 93 about an added chemical which made it impossible to cut over other colors so as to deter graffiti...i think it was called VOC....my memory is foggy though...

i used some gloss white on a canvas the other night and it was as runny as a motherfucker...for real....

now i have to depend on European paint...which is fine by me...

i was so so pissed when krylon mimosa turned out to suck ass. filled one letter of a peice once with 2 cans-badly. equestiran was like chineese diahreah in a can. even the flat black likes to crack and slide on me in the humidity.

the whole brand's crap compared to rusto, well, compared to most stuff. also, i used to get over using walmart's store brand till about 6 months ago, before it turned into unusable foodcoloring-water shit. I'll still krylon if it's free or around a buck, especially the osha cans, but that goes for anything. fuck you, johnny bench.

I don't know what you fucking guys are talking about. Krylon has always sucked. I love it, but from day one colors like Cherry Red, Sun Yellow...they always sucked. Things have changed here and there. I won't touch Ultra Flat anymore because since the 90's it's completely different. I'd rather use Semi Flat any day. It's nothing new. Ever paint with Plum Purple? Pastel Pink? How about Violet? They were all gay. The thing is...and here's the fucking kicker..we made them work. I still use Krylon to outline with just because it sprays more consisantly than Rusto. No skips. As long as you learn to paint well you shoul be able to make anything work.

Let's not forget how good some of the colors were too though. Clover Green, Teal, Pastel Aqua, Aqua Turquois, Teal Grean, Teal Blue, Purple, Mahogany, Watermelon, Terracotta, Chippewa, Sunset Orange. Things aren't always as bad as they seem, you just have to work harder. It will make you a better painter. If you have a shit time with Krylon, then use only that for a year. See how much you will improve.

Trust.

I don't know what you fucking guys are talking about. Krylon has always sucked. I love it, but from day one colors like Cherry Red, Sun Yellow...they always sucked. Things have changed here and there. I won't touch Ultra Flat anymore because since the 90's it's completely different. I'd rather use Semi Flat any day. It's nothing new. Ever paint with Plum Purple? Pastel Pink? How about Violet? They were all gay. The thing is...and here's the fucking kicker..we made them work. I still use Krylon to outline with just because it sprays more consisantly than Rusto. No skips. As long as you learn to paint well you shoul be able to make anything work.

Let's not forget how good some of the colors were too though. Clover Green, Teal, Pastel Aqua, Aqua Turquois, Teal Grean, Teal Blue, Purple, Mahogany, Watermelon, Terracotta, Chippewa, Sunset Orange. Things aren't always as bad as they seem, you just have to work harder. It will make you a better painter. If you have a shit time with Krylon, then use only that for a year. See how much you will improve.

Trust.

consumer reports says, fuck mahogany too, it went on nice, but that fades off completely after 4 years. on the same boxcar painters touch burgandy was still brand new looking. krylon purple fades to a light violet after a couple years too, ruining any color contrast you were trying for, making your peice a perfect canadate for steal a fill or to get blasted. on a side note, blackberry american accents does this as well to some lesser extent. if the colors are what gets you, you might be better served picking up some mistint bucket paint for a fill if you don't care how long it's going to last.

I'd stick up for jade satin but that shit's gotten worse since they made the designer lables.

fuck krylon

i got a can of shadow black for 2 dollars on clearance the other day.

shit is pretty OK. not awesome, especially when its 35 degrees.

does that new ivy leaf color cover enough worth buying?

i just saw it a few days ago, and i heard theres other new colors comin out too, like mad throwback colors? anyone have more or accurate information?