I hate krylon paint

FEND!1!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sure why you thought youd get hated on for this, Kyrlons quality has been decreasing since the 80s when they switched the formula. The only time ill use kylon know is to sketch something out before hand or if its the only thing i have left. The only color thats worth anything is Ultra flat black which smells great, and covers fairly well, but will fade (especially on freights) like all other krylon colors, just not as bad.

Flat white works well for highlights but sucks once you try and fill something in with it. And, lest we all forget the shitty ass valve system on krylons. I think in 7 years of really using paint, ive had one or 2 rustos some apart on me and have the rubber gasket in there break with paint spewing out from under the cap. On the other hand, id say one in 5 cans of krylon, even new, is gonna explode on me. and anything older than 1995 will definitley explode cause the rubber rots.

Two of the worst colors ive ever used in any type of paint are pumkin orange which is only bested in shittyness by the all time wackest, thinnest, not coming out fat or going over any color at all SUN PISS YELLOW!! seriously this shit is worthless, you spray that on most brick walls or unprimered rock or concrete and watch that shit seep right in and dissapear. Cherry red, although sorta dark, will not cover any colors either, so its a close third. one of the worst things about these colors is that theyre all gloss, and in some areas theyre the most prevalent colors. I had aobut 20 cherry reds back in the day cause they were all over the place, and about half of them ate shit half way through painting.

Rounding out Kyrlons horrible attributes is the drip factor. i dont know if is that the paint is more watery or that its under too much pressure but there are lines that i can one shot with a can of rustoleum that if i tried them with kyrlon id be blowing 5 or 6 sets of drips back up my peice. and likely id have to go back over the line. In the winter when steel and concrete is cold, painnt dosent stick as well and drips like crazy. ive had freight panels where in seconnds the outline dripped clear from the top of my shell to the bottom of the train.

the ONLY color ive used from krylon in the past couple years that was worth anything was this kinda blue green color whose name i cant remember. it was a flat color that came out smoothe, and was nice and thick and bright like and american accent.

i know the average consumer isnt doing cuts and fades with their spray paint but i dont udnerstand, espeically with rustos long record and the excellent new american accents colors, why kyrlon has not stepped its game up in terms of color choice which is also pretty wack, and paint thickness in consistency.

im not sure why you thought youd get hated on for this, Kyrlons quality has been decreasing since the 80s when they switched the formula. The only time ill use kylon know is to sketch something out before hand or if its the only thing i have left. The only color thats worth anything is Ultra flat black which smells great, and covers fairly well, but will fade (especially on freights) like all other krylon colors, just not as bad.

Flat white works well for highlights but sucks once you try and fill something in with it. And, lest we all forget the shitty ass valve system on krylons. I think in 7 years of really using paint, ive had one or 2 rustos some apart on me and have the rubber gasket in there break with paint spewing out from under the cap. On the other hand, id say one in 5 cans of krylon, even new, is gonna explode on me. and anything older than 1995 will definitley explode cause the rubber rots.

Two of the worst colors ive ever used in any type of paint are pumkin orange which is only bested in shittyness by the all time wackest, thinnest, not coming out fat or going over any color at all SUN PISS YELLOW!! seriously this shit is worthless, you spray that on most brick walls or unprimered rock or concrete and watch that shit seep right in and dissapear. Cherry red, although sorta dark, will not cover any colors either, so its a close third. one of the worst things about these colors is that theyre all gloss, and in some areas theyre the most prevalent colors. I had aobut 20 cherry reds back in the day cause they were all over the place, and about half of them ate shit half way through painting.

Rounding out Kyrlons horrible attributes is the drip factor. i dont know if is that the paint is more watery or that its under too much pressure but there are lines that i can one shot with a can of rustoleum that if i tried them with kyrlon id be blowing 5 or 6 sets of drips back up my peice. and likely id have to go back over the line. In the winter when steel and concrete is cold, painnt dosent stick as well and drips like crazy. ive had freight panels where in seconnds the outline dripped clear from the top of my shell to the bottom of the train.

the ONLY color ive used from krylon in the past couple years that was worth anything was this kinda blue green color whose name i cant remember. it was a flat color that came out smoothe, and was nice and thick and bright like and american accent.

i know the average consumer isnt doing cuts and fades with their spray paint but i dont udnerstand, espeically with rustos long record and the excellent new american accents colors, why kyrlon has not stepped its game up in terms of color choice which is also pretty wack, and paint thickness in consistency.

Very well written. You should email this to Krylon so they can improve thier paint.

Two of the worst colors ive ever used in any type of paint are pumkin orange which is only bested in shittyness by the all time wackest, thinnest, not coming out fat or going over any color at all SUN PISS YELLOW!! seriously this shit is worthless, you spray that on most brick walls or unprimered rock or concrete and watch that shit seep right in and dissapear.

second. i have sunglossyellow also. dont let that cap color fool you. that shit sucks. i ended up mixing with with a hunrtergreensatin and a bit of white to make a kind of murky green.

krylon is trash.

even the colors that cover dont cover nearly as well as they're rusto counterparts.

however, its good for fills depending on the color, i havent used it on an outline since last fall.

im all about rusto+rusto fats 90% of the time.

ill admit krylon is smooth and doesnt hesitate like rustoleum, but rustoleum is just superior. there are only a few rusto colors i can think of that you cant use to cover any other color, such as midnight blue and claret wine, but for the most part its the chronic.

montana sucks when its cold compared to rusto too

Other than ultra-flat black, I think Watermelon is one of their few colors that doesn't suck. I know, it's all about can-control. But, it's also real easy to get spoiled with Belton and Spanish Montana.....Those two brands make things alot easier. I think Krylon does have it's place, though. You're obviously not gonna use it for bombing, or a super-hot burner on a freight, but it is good for shadows, highlights, etc.

ok. flat and ultra flat work. not all that good though.

rusto sucks in cold but every paints quality goes down when its cold so thats a void point

can control isnt the issue. i could hold the can farther and get a hella misty spray and then take like 14 hours to fil a bomb. or move the can faster and end up missing spots. then if its dark your fucked and have a shitty fill. nothing good can come out of krylon. it isnt good paint