Hip Hop is dead

soupBDC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hip hop isn't dead, if you look anywhere other than Mtv or magazines or any other of that bullshit you'll see that hip hop will always be alive and well in the underground. If you say that its dead your just paying attention to the wrong type of shit.

underground hip hop contracted syphilis when "nerdcore" rap came out and losers took advantage of the internet and started uploading their albums full of shit that doesn't rhyme or keep in time correctly that shit is not "edgy" and there is a very good reason that they are unsigned.

souls of mischief need to come back, and pretty much everyone that was killing shit back in the day, yes krs is senile and has lost his mind but the dude has flow, i mean i miss when you could respect a dude with mad flow now every kid is a fucking clone, always rapping about how they deal so much drugs and how gangster they are, how about we get into a time machine and bring back hip hop back. Whos with me?

http://www.myspace.com/shaneskillz

This is the only rapper worth listening to in the past 10 years.

Yes, PD is responsible for the debacle that is rap music these days.

And yes I fully relate to how all my friends who used to write in the early 90's wore the classic old Airmax.

But yes, please can we have a revival of 80's style cock rock? Those were the days. Music videos were actually cool back then.

And Michael Jackson owned Prince, back when he was black in the 80's. Who can forget how BAD he was? And Moonwalker, when he changed into that car? WTF was that? Damn..

http://www.myspace.com/shaneskillz[/url]

This is the only rapper worth listening to in the past 10 years.

Yes, PD is responsible for the debacle that is rap music these days.

And yes I fully relate to how all my friends who used to write in the early 90's wore the classic old Airmax.

But yes, please can we have a revival of 80's style cock rock? Those were the days. Music videos were actually cool back then.

And Michael Jackson owned Prince, back when he was black in the 80's. Who can forget how BAD he was? And Moonwalker, when he changed into that car? WTF was that? Damn..

your not serious about that shane dude are you? and his dj scratchin is some god damn shit.

I'm serious about the fact that this is what hip-hop is responsible for these days.

Making me laugh at how pathetic anyone who thinks this is a genre worth listening to is, when any true person knows that everything the genre had to offer was actually written back in the 80's and 90s.

I mean how much better would the world be without 'Hyphy' or 'Crunk' or whatever other garbage has emerged so far this century?

cultural transmission. it's basically instanteous now with the internet and all. before, it was mainly word of mouth. with so much information going around you really need to be able to filter out a lot of bullshit..not just go with the flow.

a whole lot of heads these days think they could buy their way into the culture without paying any dues. as if wearing certain shit makes you down. there has always been the ones that just follow trends. when it comes right down to it they dont make a stand upon any one of the elements. it's nothing new.

as far as rap goes.. just because that old flavor isn't mainstream doesn't mean it's dead and doesn't rock. i personally still dig on the old school underground shit. there are heads out there still rocking some funky shit even today.

the way i see it, you just gotta keep that raw flavorful essence from before.. from back in the days.. that NEW YORK GRITTY-CITY funkiness from where it all came from, and not this watered down, sugar coated, white washed, trendy, hyped up, mainstream media based bullshit everybody else is up on. cus "hiphop" may be dead, but the elements which make up this free cultural expression are live and in full effect on some underground mutant ninja turtle shit. dig deeper. knowledge dispels confusion.

now, if what i wrote offended somebody. lick deez salty nutz. cus i'm not judging any one. i'm making friends and influencing folks. if you get butt hurt, maybe it applies so might wanna check yourself.

Hip Hop needs a comeback like Janet Jackson needs to go under the knife again. The hip hop culture's been at the point of diminishing returns for a while and someone needs to say real hip hop's not going to get much better. Jazz enthusiasts aren't saying the best is yet to come, so fucking toetag hip hop so people stop this annyoing-ass 'I wanna be trendy' behavior like shoe collecting and $400k for shark skin and bear fur dunks.

I don't even know what hyphy is.

I only hear it alluded to on this forum. And when I read comments like 'I feel dumber after finding out what hyphy is' on here I feel better not knowing.

One of the benefits of living in the most isolated capital city in the world is trends like this take a little bit longer to reach us.

Plus I don't see how that can be replicated live.

I did like the story of your backpack rapper though. That image you portrayed made me laugh, but it was also semi inspiring as if you have a good idea, you shoul ddocument it so you remember it.

But I could imagine half the idea would be lost when he had to actually empty his backpack and setup to record whatever came into his head.