Canada's most patriotic animal

geezpot

Guest R@ndomH3ro
I don't vote because I live in California. If I lived in Florida I would vote.

And no I have a pretty comprehensive understanding of the IDEA of it. People made a bad choice, we all have to live with it for 4 years. Shit sucks, but our voting system is electoral college based. Which means no matter how many more people voted for Al Gore in California, he still would of only got 55 votes.

The upshot of this is no matter how shitty our decision is, we get another shot at it in 4 years.

You may have noticed I have since moved to Canada.

I know you don't like me and shit, but having a difference of opinion and actually trying to belittle my intelligence because I don't agree that people should judge people based on the country they were born in are two totally different things.

I'm not arguing with you that some people are going to judge me because I'm from America, I'm disagreeing that the "majority" will. I think people inherently are going to judge other people based on the type of person they are.

You have a way with words that speaks to the soul......I cried a little from reading this post. true story

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you don't like me and shit, but having a difference of opinion and actually trying to belittle my intelligence because I don't agree that people should judge people based on the country they were born in are two totally different things.

I'm not arguing with you that some people are going to judge me because I'm from America, I'm disagreeing that the "majority" will. I think people inherently are going to judge other people based on the type of person they are.

To take this angle in the debate is silly, because it depends entirely on the context. If you want proof of my statements go travelling and find out.

The facts are that I have travelled more than you and seen this happening first hand. I have no inherint bias against Americans, my ex finance was American and it used to upset me alot when people treated her badly because of her citizenship.

Also you seem to place yourself in a postion of fairly high importance to me, truth is I dont give the slightest of fucks about you, I would have responded in the same way to your post if it was anyone else on this messageboard.

Have a nice life.

Canada needs to get a better mascot....I vote

wolverine-2.jpg

Wolverine!!!!!!!

michigan.jpg

GO WOLVERINES!!

I like Canada. "Imitation is the best form of flattery"

But on an even more realistic note, its not just Europe that hates us. Everyone does. And they have every right to.

Ah dudes just a whiny bitch. You can't reason with some people. The fact that he has to point out he doesn't care about me proves that he feels the need to...

I'm in a position where I meet people from all over the world, and what I've found out is that most people care about who you are, not where you're from...

Call me a fucking optimist.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
You can probably take a few pretty good guess's homeboy.

No really why?

Cause of our president? I didnt vote for him

Cause of the War? Shit I didnt think that shit up

So give me some good reasons homeboy, cause I think your country aint so pretty either. But I dont blame you for it

Ah dudes just a whiny bitch. You can't reason with some people. The fact that he has to point out he doesn't care about me proves that he feels the need to...

I'm in a position where I meet people from all over the world, and what I've found out is that most people care about who you are, not where you're from...

Call me a fucking optimist.

Haha you seem to always take this position 'Yo the reason your insulting me is because you love me' or something.. Simply not the case mate.

Lets recap, you asked if Americans really do sew Canadian flags on their backpacks to combat racism, I said yes and listed some reasons. You somehow saw this as a personal, I then explained it wasnt but you continue not to listen.

If you read my posts you will see that im interested in the issue but not in the slightest in you.

Yes if you get to know someone well the individual character of this person will become more important, however do you think a member of the KKK would spend enough time any black person to make a character assessment based on individual traits? Doubtfull

The fact that the people you are meeting are in America to begin with would probably filter out alot that might have been racist in thier own country.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Foriegn and enviromental policy would be high on the list.

Yeah Australia has some very serious problems right now.

Enviroment, Refugee policy, EBA legislation and curtailing to US pressure, being the main things I can think of.

Foriegn and enviromental policy????

Is that it.....casue I current Executive Office treats other countries like shit?

Well dude, this is not me....and taking out your stupid frustrations on American tourist is the dumbist shit ever. So that means when I see a German or Japanese tourist I should go treat them like trash cause of WWII? Or even better yet if I see some Muslim person I should kick his ass....no, casue my friend people are people and we shouldn treat others like that.

So you Euros thinking your hot shit for saying "Fuck America" and treating American tourists like shit. Should really look into what you are really doing....discrimination. Something that is way more uglier then our current political leaders.

Foriegn and enviromental policy????

Is that it.....casue I current Executive Office treats other countries like shit?

Well dude, this is not me....and taking out your stupid frustrations on American tourist is the dumbist shit ever. So that means when I see a German or Japanese tourist I should go treat them like trash cause of WWII? Or even better yet if I see some Muslim person I should kick his ass....no, casue my friend people are people and we shouldn treat others like that.

So you Euros thinking your hot shit for saying "Fuck America" and treating American tourists like shit. Should really look into what you are really doing....discrimination. Something that is way more uglier then our current political leaders.

"Is that it.....casue I current Executive Office treats other countries like shit? "

Yes that would be a large part of it. Its a fairly major issue because your country hold so much power globaly.

"Should really look into what you are really doing....discrimination. Something that is way more uglier then our current political leaders."

If you read over what I have said, Im not doing anything except draw attention to it.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Sneak see my above post...

Just read it right now....and it is really true.

Before I got out of the service I was stationed in Europe. The war was at its peak and Sneak was fresh out of BIAP with blood still on his hands. The people where still really friendly with Sneak. In fact I still chat with my German friends to this day on everything...including politics. They know that Sneak is not the closed minded Wal-Mart shopping Jesus freak like the newspapers make us out to be.

Sneak even before he left travelled to the heart of American-hate land...France...still the people where nice and Sneak was impressed. And its not like they couldnt tell I was American or anything. Sneak does not speak any other language besides English and Hick-lish.

I think really.....buck is wrong, most Euros dont really hate Americans...well, the Euros that count anyway.

That wasn't much of a pot shot. I can't help it if you made a horrible generalization that lost you all credibility.

I see where you're coming from, and I don't agree. I think people are going to judge you based on who you are not where you're from...

Convo:

"Yo you're from America? FUCK BUSH!"

"Yeah man fuck that guy, he really fucked shit upbad. I really think Al Gore would of been a much better president, he seemed like he cared about the job a lot more and had a lot more sense about the grand scheme of things. Hopefully this black guy will do a much better job. Want a beer?"

"Oh, yeah sure man, hey you like football?"

This is pretty much what I see a conversation with a normal person from another country would be like. Mostly because I've had this same exact convo with Canadians in Canada and it went that way. Except ended in hockey...

Guest R@ndomH3ro
"Is that it.....casue I current Executive Office treats other countries like shit? "

Yes that would be a large part of it. Its a fairly major issue because your country hold so much power globaly.

"Should really look into what you are really doing....discrimination. Something that is way more uglier then our current political leaders."

If you read over what I have said, Im not doing anything except draw attention to it.

Well dude, all I have to say is I am sorry....is that what you want? Sorry, GW is dumb...we have been living with it for eight years, and you are just going to have to do what every other American that reads books does....wait until Nov 2008.

Really dude, I dont know if you do it...but if you see someone giving shit to Americans in your country just cause they are Americans....please stop it.

You dont see us, being shit-heads to Mr. ABC do you?

That wasn't much of a pot shot. I can't help it if you made a horrible generalization that lost you all credibility.

I see where you're coming from, and I don't agree. I think people are going to judge you based on who you are not where you're from...

Convo:

"Yo you're from America? FUCK BUSH!"

"Yeah man fuck that guy, he really fucked shit upbad. I really think Al Gore would of been a much better president, he seemed like he cared about the job a lot more and had a lot more sense about the grand scheme of things. Hopefully this black guy will do a much better job. Want a beer?"

"Oh, yeah sure man, hey you like football?"

This is pretty much what I see a conversation with a normal person from another country would be like. Mostly because I've had this same exact convo with Canadians in Canada and it went that way. Except ended in hockey...

It was a metaphor, not a generalisation.

You have both taken an ultra defensive position without even trying to understand what I have said.

I dont personaly have a problem with Americans in the slightest, I also never said the majority of Europeans do. What I did say is that Americans have been known to experience racism in Europe and I attempted to explain why. That is all.