Coffee Connoisseur Thread

rubbish heap two

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
oo thats the one i saw on amazon!

is it difficult to use/make good espresso?

they are straight forward, but if you dont watch them they will explode coffee all over the place.

1. put coffee in middle section (strainer deal)

2. put water in lower portion.

3. put coffee strainer deal into bottom piece & screw top piece on

4. put on stove.

the water steams up through the strainer deal and then ends in the top part ready to drink.

not watching it will casue the top to eventually steam boil over, violently if your one full heat ready for quick coffees.

French presses are one of the best ways to make high quality coffee, and they're extremely simple and easy to use. Much better than drip coffee with pre-ground Folgers.

On that note, the Brazil coffee at Stumptown is probably the best I've ever had. Sweet before you even add sugar, perfect balance of everything. El Injerto and Columbia La Virginia are up there too.

Sounds kinda off but I want to try this.

Kopi Luwak is a rare and gourmet coffee from Indonesia that is made from beans passed through the digestive system of monkeys.

Kopi Luwak does exist, is very expensive, and is made from coffee beans passed through the digestive system of an Indonesian animal, but it's more like a cat than a monkey. According to a feature article by the Manila Coffee House, which sells the stuff, the people who harvest the digested beans don't really have to pick through cat litter to get it. The animal processes the beans and excretes them whole, unscratched, and without dung.

The animal is a palm civet, a dark brown tree-dwelling cat-like creature found throughout Southeast Asia. The scientific name is paradoxurus hermaphroditus.

According to the Manila Coffee House, the palm civet just happens to like to ingest the ripest and reddest coffee beans, which also happen to be the ones best for brewing. The cat eats the outer covering of the beans in the same way that is accomplished by de-pulping machines. Something happens to the beans in the journey through the cat's intestines that gives it a flavor that is celebrated by coffee drinkers.

At this point, most of the beans are purchased by Japanese buyers.

jimmy.jpg

i don't need you to tell me how good my fucking coffee is, okaaayyy?

i'm the one who buys it. i know how good it is. *lipsmack*

when bonnie goes shopping she buys SHIT. *lipsmack*

me, i buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when i drink it i want to taste it.

but you know what's on my mind right now?

it AIN'T the coffee in my kitchen, it's the dead nigger in my garage! *lipsmack*

nice

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I would call myself a connosieur, but I fucking love coffee. I get excited before I drink it. I definitely can't fuck with folgers or any of that shit.

The coffee in Puerto Rico made me want to move there, it's so fucking good. But the cups are all so small, I would have to order two or three at a time.