VET TMC. vintage stuff

imported_joewelcome

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Yo, I cant beleive you (ibex moon) brought up that kid Dryp. I totally forgot about him. Back in the day westchester was really cool. One time me, dmand and yes2 did some wall up in New Rooo in some school yard. That was back when dmand had beef with nerd and some of his boys. I think our stuff only lasted a week or so. One of my favorite spots in Westchester was Suny Purchase. I really liked those paddle ball courts there. I remember back in the day rolling there and seeing some dope WOL production ( Way Of Life ). I wish things could be the way they used to but unfortunately all good things come to an end.....

BIG SHOUT TO CROMAG RIP.....IMOK

Torester.....Imok......Tm7

SUNY, damn.

those tunnels down there were the illest. From PJ to Sane, Ame, Jive, Peasoup, Ben, Net, too much down there to remember. it's all gone now too, which is some sad shit. the rest of the campus- if you looked you'd find all types of writers up in there. and the handball courts.. Reas, Zephyr, so much shit ran on those walls. then some tennis camp or something came up and have kept them buffed since. and we used to paint those in the daytime.....

i still have the back of a chair that Egon tagged when he did some thowies on that wall in 94. he passed the next week. RIP Egon WAY 40T

-joe

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest MRBURNS

i love it

just to let u people know, some of these vet flix are from my personal camera, i love how i give people flix, and they all end up on 12 oz. to share with the world. not even being sarcastic, i dont mind at all. i never scanned or posted anything in my life before, but this site gets a lot of burn from my pockets...i love going to a post that looks interesting and seeing a bunch of flix i took. ask bem, he knows the deal.

as for vet, true legend, king of style. an inspiration. almost brings a tear to my eye..and to this day, i've only seen 2 legal pieces by him in my whole life. thats a piecing bomber right there.

• 2 months later...

Vet TMC

TMC was the crew started by JUICE TC5 of New York while he lived for a while in Rhode Island... Top Master Crew. With Members ranging all the way from Rhode Island to Miami) (TMC from SprayCanArt was Stash2's crew... No relation)

JUICE's Brother in law is COOL CEE 67 originally from the Bronx, transplanted to Miami, then finally to Philly in the early 80s. He was one of the writers who heavily influenced the NY style Graff scene in Philly.

Cee 67 Inhertited the crews TMC and ETC (Every Tag Counts: JUICE and DOZE TC5)

While Vet was living in philly, writing SHARE he was put down in TMC and eventually inherited it himself.

BUT... Way before his philly days VET was down with the C.O.D. crew in the Bronx in 1983. When Michelob was still running the crew, with members including Rem311, LM4, Fever, Sneeze and many more.

Vet pushed FC in 1986, when he was put down by SAE FC, unfortunately SAE didnt really have power. Vet met PSYCHO FC, who said he wasnt down, but put him down in IBM at 125th.

Vet painted a number of pieces on the 2 and 5 llines.

By the time i actually met Vet in 92, he had already done 500 pieces..

Vet hung out with me the night I did the very FIRST piece in my 1992 comeback, and drank 40s.

Once, I chilled with him ALL DAY, and there was never a time when he DIDN'T have a 40oz in his hand, a spare in his back pack, and was scheming on the next bodega to rack 40's from.

Vet is a COOl ass cat.

The only bad thing i can probably say about VET, is that he has the worst luck for racking paint.

--------------

They dont make writers like Vet any more...

True write in every sense of the word.

Kool Dash 167

FC TC5

Guest Eric Cartmen

Re: Vet TMC

Originally posted by Pharaoh145th

TMC was the crew started by JUICE TC5 of New York while he lived for a while in Rhode Island... Top Master Crew. With Members ranging all the way from Rhode Island to Miami) (TMC from SprayCanArt was Stash2's crew... No relation)

JUICE's Brother in law is COOL CEE 67 originally from the Bronx, transplanted to Miami, then finally to Philly in the early 80s. He was one of the writers who heavily influenced the NY style Graff scene in Philly.

Cee 67 Inhertited the crews TMC and ETC (Every Tag Counts: JUICE and DOZE TC5)

While Vet was living in philly, writing SHARE he was put down in TMC and eventually inherited it himself.

BUT... Way before his philly days VET was down with the C.O.D. crew in the Bronx in 1983. When Michelob was still running the crew, with members including Rem311, LM4, Fever, Sneeze and many more.

Vet pushed FC in 1986, when he was put down by SAE FC, unfortunately SAE didnt really have power. Vet met PSYCHO FC, who said he wasnt down, but put him down in IBM at 125th.

Vet painted a number of pieces on the 2 and 5 llines.

By the time i actually met Vet in 92, he had already done 500 pieces..

Vet hung out with me the night I did the very FIRST piece in my 1992 comeback, and drank 40s.

Once, I chilled with him ALL DAY, and there was never a time when he DIDN'T have a 40oz in his hand, a spare in his back pack, and was scheming on the next bodega to rack 40's from.

Vet is a COOl ass cat.

The only bad thing i can probably say about VET, is that he has the worst luck for racking paint.

--------------

They dont make writers like Vet any more...

True write in every sense of the word.

Kool Dash 167

FC TC5

Not to step on toes, but according to VET that TMC that was in Spraycan art was a different one than the mad children. Also Vets first subway train was a Seck piece done back in 1984(with Claw i believe), and Vet wasnt pushing COD back then. I seen about 10 or so Seck pieces all from around that time, and if he was down he wasnt pushing it then. He really pushed COD hard around 87, when him and WANE were getting down on some nice pieces. He did a DOPE whole car on the 2s along with a few nice panel pieces on the 2s and 5s(one with SAE FC, another nice one with WANE(KNOW)..Also attempted a silver whole car but got raided and it was never finished(It did run un outlined for a hot minute)....TMC Members(VETS PART) that were down through the years included:

Ces(SES),Gremlin,Cie,Sae,Skism,Leroy444,Ozzie,Rap114,Sun,Claw,Wane,Jent,Imp,Nerd,Fact,Mez,Jew,Jase(TMC),Mone,Mec,Cromag(RIP..was down at one point), Pont/Bost,Sale,Vane,Ceme,Vase,Make,RanDee,CJ,Faz,Poet,and more...

Oh yeah..Vet is the 40oz and Racking King

Guest Eric Cartmen

and one more thing..i am sure that by 92 he at least had 500 pieces(probably more.alot of times he doesnt count his silvers as pieces even though they were in my eyes), but i wouldnt be surprised if he has done close to 1000 by this point. He started in late 79 and even did some stuff prior to 84 that no one even really knows about, under different names.

I'm just dropping it on HOW FAR Vet goes back...

He was down with Michelo and COD when they started the crew... (according to Wane, Mic and Vet.

Whether or not he pushed it isnt relevant.

Vets own words.. to me.. " I dont push COD often cuz I was more like, with the older guys.. Michelob and them."

I said that TMC from manhattan (in spraycan art was STASH2's Crew)... had NO relation to Vet's TMC, cant you read?

Vets own words.. to me.. "Whats up with that TMC from STASH and LUST, i always meant to ask him about that?"

the point is he got busy.

Guest KING OF HELL

I always though CES got alot of his style from VET...any truth in that?...

Like if VET and TKID had a child they could call him CES...not that CES doesnt have any talent or that his is biting..but it always seemd that those two were major players in his influence.

Guest Eric Cartmen
Originally posted by Pharaoh145th

I'm just dropping it on HOW FAR Vet goes back...

He was down with Michelo and COD when they started the crew... (according to Wane, Mic and Vet.

Whether or not he pushed it isnt relevant.

Vets own words.. to me.. " I dont push COD often cuz I was more like, with the older guys.. Michelob and them."

I said that TMC from manhattan (in spraycan art was STASH2's Crew)... had NO relation to Vet's TMC, cant you read?

Vets own words.. to me.. "Whats up with that TMC from STASH and LUST, i always meant to ask him about that?"

the point is he got busy.

I agree..He got busy and does go back..I misread the TMC Stash thing..Must of been speed reading when i read your first post..Peace

Guest krowteN

bump for Vet.

he had rooftops on the 2's and 5's locked with pieces in the 80's and 90's

plus he got his hands dirty in philly too.

anybody got fliks of the vet whole car on the 5's?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived