Can Jackson get into america with his criminal record?

Jackson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Its all up to the guard, we've been turned away because people had assualt charges/thieft under from the early 90's. YET I've had open cases and gone through with out any problems. Its how you aproach it,and what paper work you have.

Spend some coin at the lawyers, get the bs paper work and give'r shit!

NO

after 9-11 anyone with a criminal record no matter what it is and from how ong ago needs a waiver to enter the US, and they take about a year to get.

wrong.

this might have some truth to it. but not 100%. shit. not even 50%.

this is from a recent exchange with fellow (australian) 12ozer on this very subject (names removed to prtect the innocent). take what you will from it because i just got out of bed and can't be bothered tailoring it to your situation

Ok.. here goes... as i didnt know anyone else that would know and i thought maybe you could help me out....

Ive been all through the US a few times but havnt been back since 05 as i got a a criminal record... for unlawfull damage...graffiti... and i was wondering, cause im intending travel back that way and hopefully maybe work this time But the thing is.. i dont know if i would be allowed to enter the country becuase of this record.... i know that canada has rejected me for such a pathetic petty crime but just thought you may know as i know that your over that way at the moment...and you mayhave been in the same boat/ or known others like this....Ive been told that i may have to have a meeting with the US consulate but im not to sure as i dont really want to give them my details...

If you could get back at me on this it would be appriciated

Cheers.

it all depends on what you mean by wanting to work while you're here i guess. they don't really have a one year working holiday visa arrangement with australia like britain and a bunch of other countries do. the first thing i would do is look into the visas. i know there is a 3 month student working visa where you can come for the summer and work/travel. have a look here at visas and stuff. in this instance they will definately ask you for a background check. now they will have a meeting with you, ask you about the offence, when it was committed etc, have you served your time, are you still on parole etc. if you've been a good little vegemite and a couple years have passed since the incidence then they may let it slide. vandalism is considered a minor offence as opposed to murder, robbery, fraud etc. then again, if you end up being interviewed by a bush voter, they're going to consider you a gang member and you won't be allowed in period, no appeal.

now, if you were just intending to enter via a visa waiver and stay for 3 months it may or may not affect you. one of the questions asked on the i-94 form is if you have been convicted of a crime of 'moral turpitude' or been detained for longer than 2 years. now by law you would be required to tick yes as vandalism does fall under the heading of a malum in se act, which is what they define as a crime of moral turpitude. however, if you tick no will any red flags go up at the border? i don't think so. it's risky though, cos if they catch you out they're sending you straight home (at your own expense. this can end up costing you almost $10,000 if you're unlucky). i'd say that you've got a pretty low chance of getting caught out lying on this one though. however, if you do lie about it and try to adjust you status in future (ie - become a permanent resident) then it'll most definately bite you in the ass. keep in mind that on a visa waiver you can't work (legally...wink wink).

i know way too much about this shit. i should become an immigration lawyer. anyway, hope this was helpfull.

i heard from a reliable source (a magistrate none the less), that contary to popular belief the US customs / immigration dont have access to Britians criminal record system....

whether you trust my second hand source or not is up to you,.

you could just go, and if challenged use your natural british charm to blag it.

i heard from a reliable source (a magistrate none the less), that contary to popular belief the US customs / immigration dont have access to Britians criminal record system....

yeah, so if you roll up to customs to enter on a visa waiver you'll get entry, but he'll be lying on the form and in future if he tries to get a work visa or something else it will create a major pain in the ass

good points abc...

surely, theres enough people still going to the states (i know the numbers have dropped recently) to make watching / checking them all a hard task, in terms of economic and man power issues...

plus, being a young, white british male Jackson should hopefully be of less scrutiny than his Iranian equivelant....

perhaps

surely, theres enough people still going to the states (i know the numbers have dropped recently) to make watching / checking them all a hard task, in terms of economic and man power issues...

plus, being a young, white british male Jackson should hopefully be of less scrutiny than his Iranian equivelant....

perhaps

haha, the dudes at customs are in no hurry to process people. they'll let the lines back up all day. fools don't give a fuck, believe.

i almost didn't get into the country on my last arrival. i've had all my bags emptied and searched more than once, had multiple q&a sessions at the gates. they're pretty thorough.

big departure from the first time i went to ireland and customs didn't even bother looking at my passport, they just waved me through

I had my american visa scanned through a machine then had the customs officer look at the photo on my visa then my face about 3 times...

Then when i went to china, the customs officer there took my passport and ticked my visa with a felt tip pen, im seriously not exagerating the tick is still there and cracks me up everytime i see it.

haha, the dudes at customs are in no hurry to process people. they'll let the lines back up all day. fools don't give a fuck, believe.

i almost didn't get into the country on my last arrival. i've had all my bags emptied and searched more than once, had multiple q&a sessions at the gates. they're pretty thorough.

big departure from the first time i went to ireland and customs didn't even bother looking at my passport, they just waved me through

Prauge airport had 2 different customs lines, one was non EU passports, where the passengers where getting carefully scrutinised, the other was EU passports where there was a guard standing there and people walking through in groups.

Since I didnt want to wait in line, I walked through the EU gate and never even had my passport stamped.. hahah

Customs are fucked , ive been held up in a few countries telling me im going to be detained and searched.... after answering about 200000000000000 questions and then finaly let through then followed out then asked more questions... held back and then scaned my cards in my wallet...it was AWSOME!

Thats just one of the things ive gone through.. i coudl tell you copious amounts of fukt up stories along with my toothpaste squeezed out.... but they still didnt mange to find my fire crackersssssssuckersss!!!!

Prauge airport had 2 different customs lines, one was non EU passports, where the passengers where getting carefully scrutinised, the other was EU passports where there was a guard standing there and people walking through in groups.

Since I didnt want to wait in line, I walked through the EU gate and never even had my passport stamped.. hahah

Yeah, it's like that in all European airports. When I was travelling with my friend and my girlfriend, I'd just go straight through with my British passport, while they and their Canadian passports had to stand in the humongous "Non-EU" line. It got to the point where I would just stand in the same line as them because I was sick of sitting around for 2 hours waiting for them to get through.

The States on the other hand grill the fuck out of me. ABC knows the ludicrous questions that they can ask.

Oh, and another thing, there's this huge deal here at the moment about how Canadians now need a passport to travel to the States. Am I mistaken, or haven't you always needed a passport to fly to another country?