Can Jackson get into america with his criminal record?

Jackson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

wear a suit, shave hair cut all that jazz. Court papers,get a letter from your lawyer exolianing that you are not a violent criminal and that you posse no threat to anyone.

I have one of those letters in my glove box so when I cross at the boarder if they decide to be dicks I can try to plead my case. I get waved over alot with out problems!

1. If I have a criminal record can I still travel to the United States?

No! It is illegal for anyone with a criminal record to enter the United States, unless you are an American citizen, you have Native American status, or you have been granted a United States entry waiver.

However, there are a few criminal charges which, technically speaking do not prevent a person from entering the United States. One example of this is drinking and driving. The problem with these exceptions is that border guards have the authority to restrict you at any time if they see fit. Often criminal record checks reveal only that a charge was laid and says nothing about the nature of the offense committed. At the very least we advise people with these kinds of charges to carry their court records with them when crossing the border.