david beckham to play for L.A. Galaxy

Theo Huxtable.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beckham can;t even make his own nations starting team~

Even Figo turned down America, and that was for Saudi Arabia!!

It's unlikely that he'll join MLS, but for his family, I hope it does,

and for what it's worth, for MLS's sake as well..

Beckham paid his fare..

---------

Bolton 08

MLS is wack compared to the rest of the world though

usually the best in the world come to play in America when it's basketball, baseball, hockey, american football... but not soccer.

I've never understood why americans generally aren't interested in football(soccer football), because, in general, as a nation they're big on sport of all kinds.

I've never understood why americans generally aren't interested in football(soccer football), because, in general, as a nation they're big on sport of all kinds.

i've never understood this as well. i grew up in a soccer family. my dad was a ref and started a club as well and it was always part of what i did but not on the level of the fanatic euro thing. just fans of football.

i think a lot of it is just embedded tradition on both sides.

the "craze" is definitely mild compared to europe.

you go to a pro soccer game here, the atmosphere is mild. and only like half the stadium is filled. a lot of them are mexicans. first and only soccer game i ever went to was a Galaxy game. there just isn't a big interest in soccer/football in america. most americans don't care. but it is growing slowly. it has grown significantly in the last 10 years. i remember before then, we didn't have a pro soccer league and you almost never heard about it unless it was the world cup. i think the u.s. and maybe canada is where soccer is the least popular.

i think the u.s. and maybe canada is where soccer is the least popular.

I read an article that said Canada, USA, and Finland are the only countries in the world that don't regard soccer as the number one sport (those Finns and their hockey).

As for why Americans don't like it, I strongly reccomend reading How Soccer Explains the World by Franklin Foer, himself an American. It's a great read regardless of your knowledge or interest in the sport, and he has some great explanations as to why Americans and soccer don't mix (tradition, patriotism, the fear of European influence, etc.)

I read an article that said Canada, USA, and Finland are the only countries in the world that don't regard soccer as the number one sport (those Finns and their hockey).

As for why Americans don't like it, I strongly reccomend reading How Soccer Explains the World by Franklin Foer, himself an American. It's a great read regardless of your knowledge or interest in the sport, and he has some great explanations as to why Americans and soccer don't mix (tradition, patriotism, the fear of European influence, etc.)

Popularsports.PNG