a serious thread for once (ankle/heel injuries)

ok i have a serious question for once. no clothing talk. no spa speak. just on topic shit...

i broke my ankle/heel two years ago in portland at burnside and it's been fucked ever since.

the cause of my last relapse, the shit hurts 24-7-365... and i haven't touched narcotics in 8months. (whoa)

i didn't take the injury serious for a while *(most likely because i was doped up on oxycontin allday everyday and didnt think about the actual situation to be so serious.)

the injury has been worse than ever the past 8 months, seeing that i've had to deal with it without the aid of prescription and nonprescription narcotics.

i was wondering if any of you have had any serious heel/ankle injuries (my main problem is a calcaneus fracture and shattered ankle) i was wondering if you had surgery (my option is a bone-grafting operation but i dont currently have insurance) or if you've had injections or physical therapy that's helped at all. I am taking all sorts of bone and cartillage enhancing supplements, but being without a functional ankle/heel sort of screws up any and all of my interests. (it's pretty near impossible to run on it and running is almost nescessary when partaking in any of the less than legal ventures and sports that im into.)

i dunno... just looking for advice from people that have had serious injuries to their heel/ankle.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
fuck no. you probably won't be able to do shit for a few months, and will need physical therapy more than likely.

the physical therapy i took for like a year post-injury did nothing it seems. i still limp around like a fuckin handicapped guy and some of the situations i get myself involved in require the ability to run when needed, and with my ankle/heel how it is now... i'd end up with a silver bracelet award for sure and i don't like winning those prizes.

i had a bone graft in my hand. it took a while to heal afterward, plenty of physio sessions, but it did heal.

see... i've broken mad bones in my hands and both wrists, even 8 vertebre in my back... but the heel is the most painful shit i've ever had break on me. the ONLY time it felt ok for a while was about a year ago when i recieved a lidocaine injection directly into the heel and ankle. my shit went completely numb from the toes halfway up my calf, and i was so stoked that i could still walk but not feel shit *(it wasnt an uncomfortable numbness like when your foot falls asleep, but more of a thank god it doesnt hurt anymore numbness) i grabbed my skateboard that evening and went bombing some hills on it and just fucking around in some parking garages and shit and was on cloud nine... however, when the analgesic wore off, i was back to square one and even worse because of the strain i put on myself from trying to skate on it while it was still fucked up.

well considering i've actually been there and done that and have first hand experience on the subject i think i'm a more reliable source than someone who spends her days in the bathroom taking photos of herself at wierd angles, and her nights running them through filters on photoshop.

but hey, sorry i contradicted you.

it's not being a pussy... its the fact that id like to be able to run if needed and when the shit is numb i can be a trackstar, but when i can feel it... it sorta gives out like my body's saying, "no dice buddy... you better take up a new hobby."

dude, it's not going to heal if you run on it. point blank.

not to many places like to hire ex junky felons with no degree who abide by the noon till 4am lifestyle

haha, for real...but imagine they did?

i work a 3-10 shift now...i thought it would suck, but they got TVs so I can check up on the scores, and there ain't no boss there to bust me for slacking off.